Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1645

Thread: Daft Punk 2013 Tour Dates.

Default Re: Daft Punk 2013 Tour Dates.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's been time for about the past 15 years.
    Well...
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

from the nytimes article linked above:

The show’s Web site later displayed the redacted message, in which Mr. Toffler said that the band and its label had “sold us hard on some clip and live appearance based on them not showing up anywhere else.”

The funny part is he still played Get Lucky just as DP would have, by pressing play. And I certainly enjoyed the dancing montage way more than I would have watching two dudes stand awkwardly in robot outfits pretending to turn knobs.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Yes, it was obviously all a plan to promote the VMAs. Colbert admits it himself.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...co-decepticons

And since everything he says is in character and he's being satirical, I guess it's actually the opposite of what he claims.

The whole point is that it promoted and continues to promote Colbert as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    The whole point is that it promoted and continues to promote Colbert as well.
    and that promotion comes free thanks to all of the idiots who won't stop talking about it. they've got us hooked and are reeling us in.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    The funny part is he still played Get Lucky just as DP would have, by pressing play. And I certainly enjoyed the dancing montage way more than I would have watching two dudes stand awkwardly in robot outfits pretending to turn knobs.
    You seriously think that Daft Punk's performance would have consisted of the duo standing behind a turntable?

Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic00 View Post
    Seriously, people are still wondering if this was a big promo scam? It was put on by all parties, shit I didn't even realize the vma's were coming up let alone Daft Punk to be appearing. Not only did stephen get a huge ratings boost (i assume) but you have a whole other demographic to sell the vma's too.

Im not complaining, ill be watching as im sure all of you will be and even the one's who say otherwise. Please when the tour starts I really hope everyone who states Daft Punk have jumped the shark to pls buy tickets to another artist and leave tickets to people who still enjoy these guys and while you're at it plague another thread with your opinions, we get the point here already.
    Actually no, I won't be watching. I couldn't give two shits about the VMA's or about what Daft Punk is supposedly up or not up to these days.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Actually no, I won't be watching. I couldn't give two shits about the VMA's or about what Daft Punk is supposedly up or not up to these days.
    Oh you wait and see, you'll watch, you just watch and you'll watch.
    You'll watch and watch again.
    Then maybe you'll understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Going on.....
    Then you'll watch again
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Kanye west and daft punk at the vmas. No RAM songs. They're performing I am a God and will show the world they are the holy trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    You seriously think that Daft Punk's performance would have consisted of the duo standing behind a turntable?
    You seriously think it wouldn't?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

What kind of budget do you think Stephen Colbert has? For the VMAs it will surely be a huge crazy thing, but for Colbert, no.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

old school

While Nile Rodgers acknowledging the song at Chic gigs during the final bow he hasn't played guitar on the track in a
    live setting. Did he sign the MTV exclusive as well? Pharrell might be in the same boat.

What kind of budget do you think Stephen Colbert has? For the VMAs it will surely be a huge crazy thing, but for Colbert, no.
    Production budgets are usually paid for by the band/label. Some songs on VMA's used to cost 6 figures.

Did you know Goldenvoice agree pay for Daft Punk production in turn to play Coachella 2006.That was six figure as well
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Perfume Genius @ The Independent 10/21/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

old school

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Did you know Goldenvoice agree pay for Daft Punk production in turn to play Coachella 2006.That was six figure as well
    I thought it was Daft taking their million from GV to build and choreograph their pyramid production. Then they started touring a couple months after Coachella.

In other words it would have taken Daft a couple shows to start making money and they really needed the "start up" money from GV.

Someonce posted it cost around $464,000.17
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Perfume Genius @ The Independent 10/21/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    You seriously think it wouldn't?
    Yeah.

Stop thinking. Forever.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I sincerely doubt all they would be doing is turning knobs. It's really not insane to think they would have had some sort of live band.

And now I'm arguing about a performance that didn't happen.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    I sincerely doubt all they would be doing is turning knobs.
    At the VMAs they will turn nobs while standing next to Pharrell and Nile.

I'll turn your knobs and your nobs. I'll be daft about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    While Nile Rodgers acknowledging the song at Chic gigs during the final bow he hasn't played guitar on the track in a
    live setting. Did he sign the MTV exclusive as well? Pharrell might be in the same boat.

Production budgets are usually paid for by the band/label. Some songs on VMA's used to cost 6 figures.
    Pharrell already sang get lucky at a show. Happened right after the.track came out.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Pharrell already sang get lucky at a show. Happened right after the.track came out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV2GA63HEGk

On tv he sang the song over the cd version the night after the track hit the web, before anyone knew it's hit potential. The clip was new to me but I don't think he's done anything similar in the past 4 months. Daft/Nile/Pharrell must all want that VMA appearance seen by at least 10 million people to be special and signed stuff to keep it that way.

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV2GA63HEGk

On tv he sang the song over the cd version the night after the track hit the web, before anyone knew it's hit potential. The clip was new to me but I don't think he's done anything similar in the past 4 months. Daft/Nile/Pharrell must all want that VMA appearance seen by at least 10 million people to be special and signed stuff to keep it that way.
    Is it Daft Punk? Is it featuring Pharrell? Does it have a typical DP over-stated chorus? It's a hit.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    Is it Daft Punk? Is it featuring Pharrell? Does it have a typical DP over-stated chorus? It's a hit.
    Everyone knew it would carry sales of the album for a couple months but,no one knew that early it would be the "song of the summer".

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

I think you're underestimating how popular Daft Punk are particularly, and EDM in general. Right now EDM is peaking. Look at the alternatives. Every radio station is trying to claim,"Get Lucky," and none of those stations are carrying the proper format for it. It's ugly. I think it has less to do with great musical releases, and more to do with sensationalism. No one else is getting the Daft Punk treatment. The whole Colbert/ VMA/ Hype-sationalism. Does it mean that the record is SUPER AMAZING, or that the radio stations are desperate for new material to push? Get Lucky is boring the second time around. I know this. You know this. Everyone with a radio knows this. We all knew that whatever DP dropped was going to be "epic," in quotations because epic doesn't mean jack shit anymore. Our expectations created this "song of the summer" death trap we're in. Did the ASCAP decide that Get Lucky was not only going to be the summer anthem, but that every radio station would have to pay a sickening amount of money in order to play it every other song all summer? Every notable radio station had to acquire the track, whether they liked it or not, knowing their fan base would request it, and notice its absence. So then, are these radio stations just not wanting to dish out dollars for some more summer anthems, or is there truly nothing better circulating? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Damn homie... You doin' too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.