Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1634

Thread: Daft Punk 2013 Tour Dates.

Default Re: Daft Punk 2013 Tour Dates.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Yeah, but that one should be up there with other asterisk-ed words here. It's every bit as derogatory to a minority population.

Daft Punk fans are developmentally disabled. Or, easier, stupid.
    Agree .....cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Normally I would agree, but the majority of Daft Punk fans are complete lemmings so I don't think it ultimately matters.
    Well, this is true.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I said that I wouldn't think they'd want their name used in a situation in which they would probably come out looking like assholes.
    Any PT Barnum shyster can tell you that bad publicity is better than no publicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

old school

The Beatles appearances on Sullivan in 1964, 1965 and maybe the pre-taped 1966 edition were actually all exclusive contracts. They couldn't perform anywhere else in the US. Sullivan was the ONLY US show that all 4 Beatles appeared together in studio.

I'm reminded of the Michael Jackson show in NYC back in 2001 that was shot for a big prime time TV special. Britney appeared at the show but got nuked from the TV version because of an HBO contract. The MJ show was re-aired prime time on network tv a couple months later where they made a big deal about the exclusive Britney clip.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na4eR7yRIS4

Watching Colbert last night you could see that deep down he was seething about the situation even if he stayed in character. I doubt MTV or the head of viacom was thrilled about some of the stuff he said, but also know they screwed him around.

Jesus fucking Christ, Bumblebee.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

omg this is such a tragedy

It was clearly a joke. There is probably going to be some stupid sequence at the VMA's that brings it all full circle when Colbert is dancing on stage at the end of get lucky.

I can't believe some people didn't get the "Daft Punk is playing" joke from the beginning.

I don't think it was a ruse to pump up the VMAs performance. I imagine that was supposed to be the surprise ending to the VMAs (a la Guns n' Roses from a few years ago and other surprises) and now it's out of the bag. Colbert seemed legitimately pissed and talked plenty of shit about MTV and their dumb sounding exec. Sure, they can try to save face with Colbert showing up at the VMAs, but I have to think this was something that was sprung on him in the last day or two. Of course, this article suggests the Thicke song was taped last week, but he was in the crowd and people in attendance last night should know whether he was actually in the audience prior to them airing the performance. And I agree with the previous post about Daft Punk coming off not looking so good in this situation which hardly seems optimal for them.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...led-to-perform

gam3g3ni3 got the joke from the beginning, guys. Of course he didn't say anything about it til afterwords, but still, you guys must have been dumb not to get the joke from the beginning. Because gam3g3ni3 wants you to know he got it from the beginning.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

A satirist known to have carefully elaborated schemes to highlight his satiric character .... just nevermind. You all give me a brain aneurysm.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The fact that anybody thinks Colbert isn't acting the entire time he is on his show is baffling to me.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Jesus. He begins the segment with "Here's a story, and it's a true story." ON THE COLBERT REPORT. You people are maddeningly stupid.

Every once in a while in his interviews he goes out of character and seems more genuine, but the rest of the time, yeah. It's a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

“We booked Click and Clack over here about a month ago”

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    oh lordy I hate that song, especially the chorus. It's like a really bad sugary cereal with saccharine aftertaste. The initial listen was okay and even borderline intriguing, but now it just keeps getting worse and worse on the ears.
    The entire album got old fast. "Get Lucky" has to be the least interesting song of the past six months. That it's being called the summer anthem reveals how inadequate the current music industry is. Get Lucky is the teen angst virgin anthem of the summer. Like there was no such thing as a drum beat until these fucks came along. Once you get the message, you hang up the phone, as they say. It's time for a lot of us to start hanging up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownHeat View Post
    I don't think it was a ruse to pump up the VMAs performance. I imagine that was supposed to be the surprise ending to the VMAs (a la Guns n' Roses from a few years ago and other surprises) and now it's out of the bag. Colbert seemed legitimately pissed and talked plenty of shit about MTV and their dumb sounding exec. Sure, they can try to save face with Colbert showing up at the VMAs, but I have to think this was something that was sprung on him in the last day or two. Of course, this article suggests the Thicke song was taped last week, but he was in the crowd and people in attendance last night should know whether he was actually in the audience prior to them airing the performance. And I agree with the previous post about Daft Punk coming off not looking so good in this situation which hardly seems optimal for them.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...led-to-perform
    The level of stupidity you display here is magnanimous. Colbert didn't "ruin" any "surprise" about the VMAs. Get a fucking grip. This was a calibrated move on behalf of Viacom and all parties involved. Do you really not understand how advertising, promotions, and ratings work? PS BRO THOSE WEREN'T THE ACTUAL HYUNDAI EXECUTIVES.

What are the other candidates for "least interesting song of the past six months"?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    It's time for a lot of us to start hanging up the phone.
    It's been time for about the past 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    What are the other candidates for "least interesting song of the past six months"?
    That's a major part of the problem. There have been plenty of new albums released in the past six months, but why is Get Lucky the only thing to plague the radios in that time? What's the scam?

If Viacom books it, they will come? Integrity does exist (somewhere), and will eventually understand its own value, which will change the game. Until then, enjoy your Daft Punk when and where ever you get them. We've come a long way for having gone nowhere.

old school

The level of stupidity you display here is magnanimous. Colbert didn't "ruin" any "surprise" about the VMAs. Get a fucking grip. This was a calibrated move on behalf of Viacom and all parties involved. Do you really not understand how advertising, promotions, and ratings work? PS BRO THOSE WEREN'T THE ACTUAL HYUNDAI EXECUTIVES.
    I'm sure those watching last night took careful note in their day timers about an MTV show that will air 3 weeks from now.

Daft/MTV did not come out looking good. No way could Colbert use the Daft name in such a promotion without full permission.

I still have no reason to watch the VMAs beyond 5-10 minutes I can get watch online.

PS BRO THOSE WEREN'T THE ACTUAL HYUNDAI EXECUTIVES.
    At least he made them all Asian

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    No way could Colbert use the Daft name in such a promotion without full permission.
    Permission from who? Colbert is on Comedy Central which is owned by Viacom. MTV is owned by Viacom. I don't understand where you're going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Permission from who? Colbert is on Comedy Central which is owned by Viacom. MTV is owned by Viacom. I don't understand where you're going with this.
    Bumbles is making the argument that Daft Punk's team surely must have given Colbert permission to promote their performance on his show and to use their name so much. Which confirms that they WERE definitely absolutely supposed to play and going to play until MTV exec wrote that totes professional email after checking with his peeps.

Bumbles is making the argument that Daft Punk's team surely must have given Colbert permission to promote their performance on his show and to use their name so much. Which confirms that they WERE definitely absolutely supposed to play and going to play until MTV exec wrote that totes professional email after checking with his peeps.
    Well, I feel embarrassed.

Not as embarrassed as Hyundai. I mean, they paid all that money and no one tuned into see the episode. Oh, wait.

There's no argument. Pure snobbery.

There's no argument. Pure snobbery.
    Go on...

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The fact that anybody thinks Colbert isn't acting the entire time he is on his show is baffling to me.
    I don't think he was acting when he was talking about his mom after she died...not even close to the same situation, but he has broken character...

What's the scam?
    The scam is that people are stupid. The sooner you make your peace with this the better off you'll be.

Seriously, people are still wondering if this was a big promo scam? It was put on by all parties, shit I didn't even realize the vma's were coming up let alone Daft Punk to be appearing. Not only did stephen get a huge ratings boost (i assume) but you have a whole other demographic to sell the vma's too.

Im not complaining, ill be watching as im sure all of you will be and even the one's who say otherwise. Please when the tour starts I really hope everyone who states Daft Punk have jumped the shark to pls buy tickets to another artist and leave tickets to people who still enjoy these guys and while you're at it plague another thread with your opinions, we get the point here already.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsurf View Post
    holy shit, a wolf in some kind of post-apocalyptic world, what a fucking awesome cover!