Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: In need of a car for car camping.

  1. #1

    Default In need of a car for car camping.

    If anyone wants to meet up on thursday morning and needs a place to leave their car leave it at my campsite! In previous thread I figured out my only hope for camping is car camping now and me and my 3 friends are all under 21 and can't rent. If anyone wants to park their car at our spot feel free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

  2. #2

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Why would anyone want to leave their car on someone else's campsite?
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

  3. #3
    Member Riggins33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    A lot of people would. I charged idiots 50 bucks to park at my parents house who live in La Quinta. I'm sure they would have wanted to park it on site for free.

  4. #4
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Do you need a car for car camping? This is something I've been wanting to check up on. Buy a car camping spot, drop your shit off, and go park your vehicle in the parking lot. You'll have to pay a little extra for the parking, but you'll have a car available to you for beer runs and whatever, plus a lot of extra space to camp/ get twisted.

  5. #5

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Do you need a car for car camping? This is something I've been wanting to check up on. Buy a car camping spot, drop your shit off, and go park your vehicle in the parking lot. You'll have to pay a little extra for the parking, but you'll have a car available to you for beer runs and whatever, plus a lot of extra space to camp/ get twisted.
    Answer is NO, you can't

    *Riggins "idiots" was unnecessary.
    Last edited by stellarpoet22; 01-17-2013 at 11:49 PM.

  6. #6
    Member thetello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Do you need a car for car camping? This is something I've been wanting to check up on. Buy a car camping spot, drop your shit off, and go park your vehicle in the parking lot. You'll have to pay a little extra for the parking, but you'll have a car available to you for beer runs and whatever, plus a lot of extra space to camp/ get twisted.
    oh, here we go... this is sheer brilliance, way to read the FAQ section asshat. get twisted bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

  7. #7
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Spaulding, why're you mad? Following me from post to post just to call out for my attention... did you want to talk? You can always go the blueduck route and send me a message when you've been flamed too hard. Like most people here, I've read the faq. Like most people here, I can't recall the faq word for word. Sue me, or cut the bitch fit.

  8. #8
    Member thetello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    not gonna message you or anyone, don't worry... and yes you need a car on a car camping site, it has to stay there unless you plan on leaving and not coming back with the car. you can't park, set up, pull out to go shopping, and come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

  9. #9
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by thetello View Post
    not gonna message you or anyone, don't worry... and yes you need a car on a car camping site, it has to stay there unless you plan on leaving and not coming back with the car. you can't park, set up, pull out to go shopping, and come back.
    You. Are. Fucking. Stupid. This is me being kind and generous. My question was answered correctly already. Your incorrect response was unwarranted, like 94% of your posts. I asked if you could drop your shit off and go park your car in the parking lot. Get it? Do you understand?

  10. #10
    Member theStank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    western hemisphere
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    ^Put a bullet in your head and end the misery

  11. #11
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by stellarpoet22 View Post
    Answer is NO, you can't
    I swear I've seen sites "In the car camping EL Dorado Lot" that consisted of like 20 tents spread across what must have been 8-10 sites and NO CAR in sight. I don't know how these people got away with it, but it IS possible. If I see them again this year I'm certainly going to ask.

  12. #12

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    El Dorado camping =/= car camping. El Dorodo is pre-setup tents. You have to have your car at your camping spot for car camping and it can't leave. Now if you happen to have a large group of people with multiple camping spots, they will let you have all of your cars together to leave you more living area. The cars still have to face the proper way and there has to be a car for every camping plot used by your group.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

  13. #13

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    A lot of people would. I charged idiots 50 bucks to park at my parents house who live in La Quinta. I'm sure they would have wanted to park it on site for free.
    Except their car would be stuck there.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

  14. #14
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,031

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    If I don't get camping tics but do get festy tics, I'll take you up on your deal. We have a small tent, a 10x10 canopy and a small car........cr*****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  15. #15
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaxspear View Post
    El Dorado camping =/= car camping.
    Sorry, didn't mean to confuse, it was the main car camping lot, pretty damn close to the entrance of the venue. I just call it the El Dorado lot because of the polo scoreboard in the eastern corner that says El Dorado Polo Club. I can see how that is easily misconstrued.

  16. #16
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by theStank View Post
    ^Put a bullet in your head and end the misery
    Or I can allow your misery, and keep on living. Such choices.

    Quote Originally Posted by latexsolarbeef View Post
    I swear I've seen sites "In the car camping EL Dorado Lot" that consisted of like 20 tents spread across what must have been 8-10 sites and NO CAR in sight. I don't know how these people got away with it, but it IS possible. If I see them again this year I'm certainly going to ask.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I've definitely seen it done, regardless of what people want to say is in the FAQ.

    Quote Originally Posted by latexsolarbeef View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to confuse, it was the main car camping lot, pretty damn close to the entrance of the venue. I just call it the El Dorado lot because of the polo scoreboard in the eastern corner that says El Dorado Polo Club. I can see how that is easily misconstrued.
    I'm still disappointed in the whole car camping thing, to be honest. The sea of tents was one of the greatest experiences of my life, let alone Coachella. I still don't understand why tent campers get habitually fucked at Coachella since the induction of car camping, but hopefully one day it'll go back to the way it should be.

  17. #17
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    buy a car

  18. #18

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Buy a car and what? Bring it on the airplane with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

  19. #19

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Your best bet is to find someone that misses out on a car camping pass and share the site. If you can find some some other car campers to group up with you can optimize your space.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

  20. #20
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    buy a car
    That's the one thing I have to do right now, actually. I'd still rather not bring my car into the camping area, as it should be for camping. I, for one, don't trust that someone won't get looped up on something nasty, jump behind the wheel of their camping car, and plow into a few people. I guess we all have to make sacrifices though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    Buy a car and what? Bring it on the airplane with me?
    Is that what you think people do with cars...? You could always go on a road trip. People did stuff like that all the time before the invention of airplanes. I can't think of a better way to break a car in!

  21. #21

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    I made this thread because of a whole other conversation in another thread about my "situation". I cant go on a road trip because I have exams. If I didn't I for sure would be doing the road trip.

    So to answer your question.. No you fucktard I don't think people do that with cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

  22. #22
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    I made this thread because of a whole other conversation in another thread about my "situation". I cant go on a road trip because I have exams. If I didn't I for sure would be doing the road trip.

    So to answer your question.. No you fucktard I don't think people do that with cars.
    I'll be sure to think back on you when I'm kicking back on the polo fields, and you're stuck in Shithole, USA worrying about exams.

  23. #23

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Can't tell if you are a troll or just a big retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tukee
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: In need of a car for car camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    Can't tell if you are a troll or just a big retard.
    Both

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 02:55 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 07:19 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •