Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE STROKES

Default THE STROKES

They're back. They haven't been rumoured to play Coachella, but why not?

Default Re: THE STROKES

Nice

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows

Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

Why? Because they were boring and acted like they were too good to be there in 2011. That's why. Totally forgettable performance.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeoley View Post
    Why? Because they were boring and acted like they were too good to be there in 2011. That's why. Totally forgettable performance.
    They were pretty spot on that performance. Nearly flawless musicianship. Maybe you're not enough of a fan? What made you think they were acting like they were too good to be there? How are they supposed to act?

Umm because he was there^^^^ I totally agree.

OMG - Favorite live band ever!
    fuckin' with the lights on

i saw them at outsidelands the summer before they played coachella. they were great even if the crowd around me couldn't care less :/
    at coachella, i was right behind the main stage at the first aid tent because my husband had an emergency
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Strokes 2011 was actually a great show. If you didn't enjoy it, you were probably waiting for Kanye, which would explain everything. I'd love to see Strokes again this year, Coachella or not.

I don't care what they say about you zafo, in this thread any strokes fan is a friend of mine... I thought their set was great too, if you are expecting the strokes to run around the stage you don't understand the strokes.. oh and btw they were too good to be there in 2011 mike : )

Literally one of the most lethargic "I'm too cool to be here" performances I've ever seen. Unimpressed would be an understatement. I could name 20 other bands that were better than the Strokes that year.

Saw them 3 times in 2011. SXSW, Coachella and bonnaroo. Coachella was the best of those three IMO.

Literally one of the most lethargic "I'm too cool to be here" performances I've ever seen. Unimpressed would be an understatement. I could name 20 other bands that were better than the Strokes that year.
    need more lazers? The music was great.

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    I don't care what they say about you zafo, in this thread any strokes fan is a friend of mine... I thought their set was great too, if you are expecting the strokes to run around the stage you don't understand the strokes.. oh and btw they were too good to be there in 2011 mike : )
    haha what do "they" know, anyway? They played all their best songs from each album. Is This It is one of the best albums of all times, maybe the standalone best of its time. I guess some people just don't get it lol

We have plenty of time. Go ahead and name twenty other bands that put on a better show than The Strokes in 2011. They made my top 3 that year.

I felt they were good. Just lack of lazers and other shit like that (which is the main reason others on this board attend).

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    ...if you are expecting the strokes to run around the stage you don't understand the strokes..
    This sums it up I think. Anyone who knows the strokes would know that they aren't a 'showy' type band that grind their groins with their guitars as they play. Look up any of their live performances and take note.

I was pretty up close and it did seem like there were a shit ton of people that were just camped there for Kanye. I was jumping and singing along from time to time and they were just bobbing their heads. I didn't let it effect my good time though, they put on an awesome show. The roar of people singing along to "Last Night" "New York City Cops" and "Reptilia" [among others] was superb.

Their Coachella 11 performance was pretty disappointing. Then I remembered everything they've done besides Is This It isn't very good.
    4/19-4/21 Coachella
    5/25 Flying Lotus, Thundercat, Teebs @ The Fox Theatre
    5/29 Tame Impala @ The Fox Theatre
    ??? Bjork @ The Craneway Pavilion

Quote Originally Posted by bebop View Post
    Their Coachella 11 performance was pretty disappointing. Then I remembered everything they've done besides Is This It isn't very good.
    Considering very few albums of the past twenty years can even compare to Is This It, including everything Kanye West has ever recorded, I'll have to agree that the rest of their discography isn't as good. Now consider that they played all of their better songs from every album, and a good portion of Is This It. Still bitching?

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Considering very few albums of the past twenty years can even compare to Is This It, including everything Kanye West has ever recorded, I'll have to agree that the rest of their discography isn't as good. Now consider that they played all of their better songs from every album, and a good portion of Is This It. Still bitching?
    It would've still been something to watch until Leftfield came on.
    4/19-4/21 Coachella
    5/25 Flying Lotus, Thundercat, Teebs @ The Fox Theatre
    5/29 Tame Impala @ The Fox Theatre
    ??? Bjork @ The Craneway Pavilion

They were the first real band I started listening to. They have only come to my city once and i was 12 years old and my parents made me chose between death cab for cutie and franz ferdinand or the strokes and refused to let me go to both hahahaha. But yeah I can't see them coming to Coachella this year or next year. Maybe when they break up Coachella will get them to do a reunion. Regardless I hope I do catch them on their next tour its been postponed too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    They were the first real band I started listening to. They have only come to my city once and i was 12 years old and my parents made me chose between death cab for cutie and franz ferdinand or the strokes and refused to let me go to both hahahaha. But yeah I can't see them coming to Coachella this year or next year. Maybe when they break up Coachella will get them to do a reunion. Regardless I hope I do catch them on their next tour its been postponed too long.
    As a 12 year old, you quickly chose Death Cab 4 Cutie, yo.

old school

Curious that they gave a Seattle radio station the exclusive then the band hasn't played the Northwest since 2006 or 2004. Sasquatch headliner?

I loved them in 2011, them w/ Kanye was the perfect close for me.
    @dannycradden

Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast

Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde

Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

*please*

with a new album on the way id love to see them at coachella again
    how come only is this it gets name checed
    room on fir is equally as good, if not better
    the last 2 albums have been mixed bags, heres hoping theyve gotten their act together for album V

i cant wait to see them this year, coachella or otherwise

Room On Fire is definitely their second best effort, behind Is This It. It's the only other album they made that I got an "Is This It" feeling from. That album was magic to my earethras.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Room On Fire is definitely their second best effort, behind Is This It. It's the only other album they made that I got an "Is This It" feeling from. That album was magic to my earethras.
    Agree, agree, agree!!!

The stokes were my favorite performance in 2011. I left after because Kanye is a douchebag, and I see why he would knock up a Kardashian. I saw PJ Harvey after the Strokes ended.

I'm so fuckin excited! I hope that they tour. I loved the last album by the way. Their show at the Cosmo a few days before Coachella was one of the funest shows I've ever attended, second only to the Stooges. Nothing better than "NYC Cops" live. I think that we need to get a set list in here from the 2011 performance at Coachella so we can see how truly epic it was.

Xmu confirmed new album and new single coming soon!

It was an agonizing choice for me in 2011, but I went for Chromeo and PJ Harvey over The Strokes figuring it would be more of a rarity to see PJ Harvey. Turned out it was a rarity to see either PJ Harvey or The Strokes, but fortunately I saw The Strokes in '04 when Julian was big into the blow and crazy on stage.

PJ Harvey's Let England Shake and The Strokes' Angles were my favorite records that year.

I'd be thrilled if The Strokes were back this year.

Ah, the blow.... mmm. When he was putting on a hell of a show, and writing for shit. That's the blow for you.