Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

Default Re: The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

Either that or shoving my way to the front.
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    If I look back and there are short people right behind me I ask if they want to go in front, but if they say anything first I'm not moving.
    At Indie Jam last year I was 2 people back from the Cold War Kids, there was this chick right behind me probably about 5"2' (im 6ft) who would scream that awful high pitched girl scream after every song. Eventually she made it to my left side, but then a wheelchair came in and just about ran her over haha
    Coachillin 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by nacci View Post
    Motorhead (medium) - The name of the band is a head that is also a machine...anyone else know a group who have machine heads?
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyhockley View Post
    does goldenvoice read these posts to decide who to book?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    While waiting for Chromeo to start at a fest, a very tall guy in a sombrero tried to push in front and asked me to move so he could get by. I'm just under 5 ft tall. I said no and that everyone up front had been waiting and got there first and why should he get to stand ahead of them, and he said Chromeo were his favorite and I said, if that's true then you should have been here sooner. He shrugged and went around to the back.
    i would like to hear xanman's response to this

people that have some reason to talk obnoxiously during a set at coachella deserve to have their limbs tied and be pulled apart by horses. that play polo matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

There is nothing worst than the line of assholes. I make sure to step on their feet, ankles, achilles as they go by. Make em earn that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    There is a way to get there and a way to get there acting like a DICK. Almost knocking someone over trying to get up front without so much as an "I'm sorry!" is a DICK thing to do. Those people should die a slow and painful death.
    You ought to calm down a bit with the "slow painful death" routine. I'm one of the tall festival goers, so I understand where you tall folks are going. I've definitely had people ask me if they could get in front of me, and if it's just a short girl or two, then I let them slip in. I generally walk around, and stick to the back of the crowds, but I also realize that some people want to get a better spot. The only time I apologize to someone is if I step on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Panda421 View Post
    There is nothing worst than the line of assholes. I make sure to step on their feet, ankles, achilles as they go by. Make em earn that spot.
    Agreed 100%. At flylo last year I got jostled by three or four HUGE trains of douchers. Like 10-15 people long. So fucking annoying. And then inevitably one just stops right in front of you. Elbows were employed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Sitting on shoulders is the worst. A tall person can't help it, but add another 3' of vagina surroundings and you're asking to have shit tossed at you
    we usually have a little fun with it, we just chuck a bunch of glow sticks at their heads. watching them touch their heads and look behind confused as fuck is the best then they finally get the point and come down. im on the shorter side so when my friends ask if i'd want to be put on their shoulders i always turn them down, its rude for the people behind me, if i hate it i'm pretty sure everybody else behind me will hate it as well.

i just don't understand #2, wtf are you doing at the show then? i never have my phone on me at any show i go to. it's a distraction i leave behind so that i can enjoy the show to its fullest - as it should be, imo

How about people who hold their cell phones up in the air? That's about as lame as it gets. Granted, I never was one to hold my lighter in the air either, but fire kicks way more ass than computer screen glow.

I'm 6'6" and people constantly tap me on the shoulder asking to get by.

No, I will not let you by. I mean I might if you're a hot girl on your own. But pretty much 100% of the time you can just go fuck yourself. Sucks to be you.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    i would like to hear xanman's response to this
    It is a music festival, no one is entitled to their spot. That being said, the guy in question sounds like an asshole and anyone wearing something on their head that adds to people not being able to see the stage should get shot.

Case in point:

Fuck this asshole wearing a Coors Light cowboy hat, it was in my way during the whole Grizzly Bear set. Although, in his defense I could have just moved to a different spot I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Sitting on shoulders is the worst. A tall person can't help it, but add another 3' of vagina surroundings and you're asking to have shit tossed at you
    Sometimes it is nice to have a cam on you to ninja a view between bitches on shoulders.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/28, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Also I have a mini-tripod and a Mono-pod.

I record EVERYTHING. I push record and I put my camera/phone in the air and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. I pay a lot of fucking money to go to these shows. And I want to remember them and relive them at my leisure.

If you can't see the stage then you're staring at the large monitors on either side. If you are staring at cameras because they distract you, then you're an idiot.

However if you're one of the people who record everything but you LOOK at the whole concert THROUGH YOUR PHONE/CAMERA then you're an idiot.

I just point the camera at the stage and try to hold it steady, but I watch the stage with my own eyes, not the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post

I record EVERYTHING. I push record and I put my camera/phone in the air and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. I pay a lot of fucking money to go to these shows. And I want to remember them and relive them at my leisure.

If you can't see the stage then you're staring at the large monitors on either side. If you are staring at cameras because they distract you, then you're an idiot.

However if you're one of the people who record everything but you LOOK at the whole concert THROUGH YOUR PHONE/CAMERA then you're an idiot.

I just point the camera at the stage and try to hold it steady, but I watch the stage with my own eyes, not the camera.
    This always pisses me off too. I remember there was one lady on the rail during The Strokes ( i was hoping they would leave so I could get the rail for Kanye and it worked out) and during the whole set she was recording THE MONITOR and watching THE MONITOR RECORDING through her camera THE WHOLE SET.

WHAT THE FUCK

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/28, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

ITT: Douches who record the most videos at shows getting pissed at people for doing the exact same thing.

Fuck you.

I just don't understand the purpose of standing steady, focusing on the camera, all to "relive" a set that you never even "lived" in the first place since you were so busy recording it, especially since these days dozens of other people are filming the same thing and you can relive it through them. Just dance and go crazy for fucks sake.

People on shoulders get nailed with glowsticks!!!!!
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

No mention of crowdsurfers? Fuck crowdsurfers. Those around us usually lose their shoes.

Seriously fuck you. You're saying that whoever pays for a ticket gets to engage in whatever obnoxious fuckface behaviors they wish. in your case it's filming the whole show like a twat. that means next time I go to a show I get to vomit all over the place and push u out of the way for being tall. I paid for a ticket I get to do what I want

two most annoying for me: constant picture taking and people on shoulders. the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I just don't understand the purpose of standing steady, focusing on the camera, all to "relive" a set that you never even "lived" in the first place since you were so busy recording it, especially since these days dozens of other people are filming the same thing and you can relive it through them. Just dance and go crazy for fucks sake.
    I'm not so unskilled I can't hold onto a mono/tripod and not have to look through the viewfinder. I enjoy the show fully and I'm able to play it back whenever I feel like from my camera recorded properly, high quality, great sound.

I enjoy my shows and then I go home and I enjoy them again and again.
    Last edited by Wonderbot; 01-17-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    Seriously fuck you. You're saying that whoever pays for a ticket gets to engage in whatever obnoxious fuckface behaviors they wish. in your case it's filming the whole show like a twat. that means next time I go to a show I get to vomit all over the place and push u out of the way for being tall. I paid for a ticket I get to do what I want
    Standing still and holding a pole up in front of me isn't obnoxious. Especially when everyone else is using their arm and holding it off to the side annoying the neighbor and people who aren't even behind him.

You can't stop anyone from recording and people will never stop recording. So you can cry and complain like a little bitch or you can stop being an imbecile and enjoy your concert.

Standing still and holding a pole up in front of me isn't obnoxious. Especially when everyone else is using their arm and holding it off to the side annoying the neighbor and people who aren't even behind him.

You can't stop anyone from recording and people will never stop recording. So you can cry and complain like a little bitch or you can stop being an imbecile and enjoy your concert.
    I might not be able to stop people from recording but I can shove your recording device up your ass and give you a free colonoscopy during the show.

Standing still and holding a pole up in front of me isn't obnoxious.
    Yes it is, you fuck. No one wants to be next to someone who stands completely still. That's what I define as a shit crowd.

Imagine if you were in a movie theatre and 1/3 of the people were recording the movie on their goddam screens, imagine how fucking annoying that would be. It's just as annoying at concerts.

I'm 6'6" and people constantly tap me on the shoulder asking to get by.

No, I will not let you by. I mean I might if you're a hot girl on your own. But pretty much 100% of the time you can just go fuck yourself. Sucks to be you.
    Were you the one fucking up the light show at Etienne de Crecy with your Mexico flag on a fifteen+ foot pole? You sound like a total douche. You want to get the most out of your money, even if it means making it difficult for other people to get the most out of their money. You do understand how this makes you a douche.... right? I'd like to think that you understand lol

Can we rename this thread Fuck Wonderbot For Being An Inconsiderate Asshole?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The worst is being in the crowd waiting and then a 25 person line comes barging through. I keep hoping to myself that I'm not in their pathway but I always am.
    4/19-4/21 Coachella
    5/25 Flying Lotus, Thundercat, Teebs @ The Fox Theatre
    5/29 Tame Impala @ The Fox Theatre
    ??? Bjork @ The Craneway Pavilion

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    lol spooky. I'm a tall guy named Justin. Short Napoleonic fucks hate on the regs.