Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

Default Re: The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

more and more it's the iPad recording that i find annoying.

Don't know, maybe getting old (: I used to think fucking was cool at shows but not sure now ??? (Not talking about in your tent but on the field or seats) .....cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Posted a year ago on a Miami blog....

Top Ten Reasons Coachella Music Festival Totally Sucks

By Matt Preira Wed., Jan. 11 2012 at 8:00 AM

That way to Suckville!
    ​Festivals are sort of the Costco of live music. Take, for example, the upcoming 2012 edition of Coachella. If you purchased individual concert tickets for every artist on the lineup, the cost would far exceed the festival's more-or-less $400 fee.

But when you visit Costco to buy a swimming pool's worth of mustard or a 1000-box supermegapack of Cap'n Crunch, you're not expected to eat it all before you even walk out the door.

The modern music festival -- built upon excess (more bands!), cheap nostalgia (more old bands!!), and straight-up selling you shit (better bring more money!!!) -- is a bloated, fiendishly trend-oriented marathon of total overkill. And after the last few days of status updates and retweets hyping its recently announced lineup, we here at Crossfade need to let the world know why we think Coachella totally sucks.

10. Why Have One Bloated And Boring Music Festival When You Can Have Two?
    We would rather listen to Ben Stein yammer about voodoo economics than sit through one day of Coachella. But guess what? In 2012, the festival has expanded into a two weekend extravaganza, completely reproducing its entire musical lineup for two separate audiences. We don't have complete confirmation, but we're sure there are fartknockers out there going to both weekends. And we hate them.

9. The Economy Collapsed Because Everyone Was Paying For Music Festival Tickets With Space Bucks
    We understand: Coachella is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see wash-ups perform alongside a very-2012 smattering of dubstep guidos and Starbucks-ready "indie" adult contemporary. But let me ask you this: Which was the better Woodstock? The one where everyone parked their car in the road, knocked down the fences and had an extended mind orgasm while peaking on toad venom during Jefferson Airplane? Or the one that cost a bunch of money and devolved into nu-metal mutants starting a greasy riot?

8. A Turkey Leg Costs 3 Years of Indentured Servitude
    Coachella boasts free water stations set up throughout the event, so you can bet your life's-fucking-savings that you will likely have to pay to piss. The few times we've made a mistake of going to one of these jumbo-sized shitshows, we've only ever got enough scratch for, like, one rib.

7. tUnE-yArDs Is A Good Band Name, But Only For Assholes
    Arbitrarily writing your band's name in alternating caps lock is the kind of mistake that will haunt you forever because it turns your band's name into a mistake. At least you can't say that shit out loud? But we have to see it on the poster and its bad enough that we're required to mine this garbage dump of a lineup for jokes about if anyone really listens to the Arctic Monkeys, or whatever, so, please, just spell Tune-Yards like you're a friggin' adult.

6. Too Many Bands
    Yeah, Camping, partying, and so on is great. But who seriously wants to watch that much continuous live music surrounded by a bunch of dingleberries? Do you think Coachella is the only time of year that mimbo in the above video hears music? Please let us know in the comments.

5. The Internet And Daylight Are Killing Music
    Everyone knows that downloading has eviscerated music sales, and our culture of oversharing has saturated the market to the point where it's people's job to desperately make up genres like seapunk and moombahton so they can sell you money flavored liquor. Artists need to rely on live shows for income more than ever now, but look what happens when you try to get a band like Salem to play 3pm in the middle of a field. Kinda makes it suck, doesn't it? Stop making it hard for these people to live, Coachella. Bring music back inside and in the dark where it belongs.

4. More Shitty Bands Reunite To Cash-In
    It's one thing to be disappointed because your favorite band from back-in-the-day is making music again and it's just not the same. But now you're going to try to re-sell us shit we didn't wanna buy the first time? At The Drive-In killed indie rock and Refused are about as politically sincere as The Sex Pistols, but we'd still rather listen to Johnnt Rotten's drawl on Nevermind The Bollocks than the pleghm-bark vocals on The Shape Of Punk To Come

3. Three Straight Days of Amateurs Getting Wasted
    Coachella is essentially like New Years Eve. All the time. For three days. And no party hats, just drunk girls screaming, overzealous squares taking too many hits and more sloppy hornballs than should be legally permitted to lustfully congregate in the same space.

2. "Professional" Festival Attendee
    The tragic descendents of Dead Heads and The Unincorporated Federation of Losers That Follow Phish on Tour, there is a miserable, whippet-huffing, hula-hooping, pube-dresaded subset of humanity that stands for no cause, has no vision, but instead has fashioned an entire lifestyle out of always knowing where there's a keg and who's holding.

1. Industry Douchebags and Smart Phones
    Which brings us to the two most absolutely intolerable facets of Coachella that were both so equally infuriating we couldn't break the tie. Get this fact straight: the more deeply embedded you are in the music industry, the less you listen to music. Additionally, we typically have no patience for crowd-surfing, but we'll gladly hoist you up and toss you that way if it'll get you off Words With Friends for a minute, you asocial dishrag.
    Is Matt Preira going out with Sam Torres?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

#5 is legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

The "I've been here all day so I earned my spot" assholes.
    My Arcade Fire Brooklyn review
    @cloneradio

Coachella '10, '11, '12 Weekend 1, '13 Weekend 1, '14 Weekend 1
    Lollapalooza '08, '12, '13
    Bonnaroo '13
    Sarsfest' 03
    Rock Am Ring '06
    Download Festival '06
    Novarock '06
    Rock The Bells '07
    Orion Festival '12
    Made In America '12, '13
    Laneway Detroit '13

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

You mean the assholes who put blankets too close to the stage as if you're not about to walk all over them?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    #5 is legit.
    the internet part, sure

edit: but not the 'dark and indoors' part
    Last edited by xuclarockerx; 01-22-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikopua3 View Post
    more and more it's the iPad recording that i find annoying.
    At the David Byrne/St. Vincent show, Byrne came onstage beforehand to say hello, and to tell everyone that they were welcome to take as many pictures as they liked, record whatever they liked, post as many youtubes as they liked, but to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not do this (as he holds up an iPad, and laughs, shaking his head). We all burst into laughter and cheers of agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    At the David Byrne/St. Vincent show, Byrne came onstage beforehand to say hello, and to tell everyone that they were welcome to take as many pictures as they liked, record whatever they liked, post as many youtubes as they liked, but to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not do this (as he holds up an iPad, and laughs, shaking his head). We all burst into laughter and cheers of agreement.
    That's how it should be.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

another thing that (sort of irrationally) annoys me is people listening to their ipods while at a concert.

Quote Originally Posted by zfireswitch View Post
    another thing that (sort of irrationally) annoys me is people listening to their ipods while at a concert.
    never seen that ...and I've been to many concerts. They're probably using the headphones as earplugs.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Picking your booger and either flinging it across the room, or wiping in on the back of the person in front of you.

Never be without those little Kleenex packs. (especially for the gals when the potties run out of tp!)

Dealing with people waiting for a lineup while waiting for a lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Dealing with people waiting for a lineup while waiting for a lineup.
    WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Calling it now...

Every fucking retard I will see doing Gangnam Style, fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Calling it now...

Every fucking retard I will see doing Gangnam Style, fuck you.
    Man... I sort of hate making an ass out of myself doing stupid dances and all, but I was kind of looking forward to doing this one at the Sahara. Thanks for being that guy hauling thirty pounds of recording equipment around, instead of that guy who can dance and make a fool out of himself. You sound like a lot of fun!

#7 forgot that the only part worse than the name is the music.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island

#2. What the fuck does Pube-dresaded mean?

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    never seen that ...and I've been to many concerts. They're probably using the headphones as earplugs.
    i don't mean while the band is playing. i mean before/in between bands.

Put your phones and cameras down and enjoy the moment.

Photo bombing is still acceptable at any and all times correct?

Sincerely,

That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Man... I sort of hate making an ass out of myself doing stupid dances and all, but I was kind of looking forward to doing this one at the Sahara. Thanks for being that guy hauling thirty pounds of recording equipment around, instead of that guy who can dance and make a fool out of himself. You sound like a lot of fun!
    You can dance and make a fool of yourself at any time of day. I encourage you to be creative and not some mindless imbecile doing a fad-dance that was annoying and terrible when it came out, let alone 5 months after it stopped having any kind of relevance.

And I really don't care what you all think of how I do Coachella, I have the best time ever always and I'm not about to change for anyone.

Lurker

hehe-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    I'm not short, but shorter than both of you guys (6ft) and even I agree with you both! If there's someone taller than you in front of you, move to either side ... it's really not rocket science. Unless you're the last person at the show and there's only one possible spot you could stand and that spot happens to be behind someone outrageously tall, then you have the option to not be stuck behind that said tall person. One of my buddies whose come to every coachella with me is 6'6" and at least a few teams each year there will be some tool yelling at him to "get down" ... like wtf is he supposed to do about being 6'6"?? Freakin idiots, haha.
    im 6'6 and I was feel bad at concerts I always block people's view.. I've had people ask me to move over a bit but normally there isn't even room to move over lol sorry everyone behind me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JayXMonsta View Post
    im 6'6 and I was feel bad at concerts I always block people's view.. I've had people ask me to move over a bit but normally there isn't even room to move over lol sorry everyone behind me lol.
    You can't help how tall you are, so you shouldn't have to apologize for it - but being short it's my job to get to a venue early enough so that I can have a decent view. And I don't fault those that arrived before me that block my view, because everyone there will be taller than me unless they are under 12 years old. In some cases people that are taller than me have offered for me to stand in front of them, which is very nice. Those are people I want to buy a beer for. And I'll let them lean on me if they want to steady their hands if they are taking photos or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You can't help how tall you are, so you shouldn't have to apologize for it - but being short it's my job to get to a venue early enough so that I can have a decent view. And I don't fault those that arrived before me that block my view, because everyone there will be taller than me unless they are under 12 years old. In some cases people that are taller than me have offered for me to stand in front of them, which is very nice. Those are people I want to buy a beer for. And I'll let them lean on me if they want to steady their hands if they are taking photos or something.
    Nice shorter women get favorable treatment if they know how to smile and ask politely. No beer required lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Nice shorter women get favorable treatment if they know how to smile and ask politely. No beer required lol
    agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

"Are you having a good time? Why arnt you smiling? SMILE! youre at Coachella!"