Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

Default Re: The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

People pushing to the front is the worst for me. It's fine if there is space but when I have been standing for a while and got up as far as I could peacefully and then some train of 10 people shove their way past me and then decide where I used to be standing is now where they are going to stand, it really pisses me off. I will usually either tap some shoulders and say KEEP MOVING or just move myself back in front of them even if I am standing on their toes. They usually get the idea.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeantheJeweler View Post
    People pushing to the front is the worst for me. It's fine if there is space but when I have been standing for a while and got up as far as I could peacefully and then some train of 10 people shove their way past me and then decide where I used to be standing is now where they are going to stand, it really pisses me off. I will usually either tap some shoulders and say KEEP MOVING or just move myself back in front of them even if I am standing on their toes. They usually get the idea.
    Problem solved. I like using the caboose technique to get in to and out of large crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Yes it is, you fuck. No one wants to be next to someone who stands completely still. That's what I define as a shit crowd.
    You must be daft. There's always some moron who can't stop invading other people's space jumping around acting the fool. If you want to do that go to the front and leave people's space alone.

And you people are calling me inconsiderate for minding my space and recording with a camera on a tripod that's in front of me, people behind me can't even see my screen, I hold it just above my eye level.

And to say you can't stand and be still at a concert and enjoy it is stupid. Although at the last Chili Peppers concert I went to I recorded the whole thing and I danced and jumped with the camera. Wound up making the videos more fun because it reminds me more of the night.

Anyway I am coming across awfully harsh for no apparent reason. Although I won't apologize for being tall, standing still, or recording.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Were you the one fucking up the light show at Etienne de Crecy with your Mexico flag on a fifteen+ foot pole? You sound like a total douche. You want to get the most out of your money, even if it means making it difficult for other people to get the most out of their money. You do understand how this makes you a douche.... right? I'd like to think that you understand lol
    Don't have a flag, this isn't Glastonbury.

Flags aren't bad as long as you have a long pole and you don't have a giant flag. Totems work better.

Quote Originally Posted by SeantheJeweler View Post

Are you tall? It usually seems like people use me like sailors using the fuckign stars and navigate by where I am to try and get to their friends.

I used to carry blinky shit or funky hats so my friends would never lose me in a crowd. But now I'm banned from anything that makes me stand out because it's just a never ending stream of people buzzing past us the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Don't have a flag, this isn't Glastonbury.

Flags aren't bad as long as you have a long pole and you don't have a giant flag. Totems work better.
    The long pole is what ended up ruining the lights for everyone, instead of just blocking the view of a few dozen.

Must have been a huge, thick fucking pole. Most people just have a 1inch PVC pipe or camping rods.

My Fucking pole is both huge and thick.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Well played. Cheddar's Cousin and his huge, thick fucking pole in. Wonderbot and his recording gear with small one incher of a pole out.

Do you ever wonder if people dance and bump into you because you're a 6'5" motionless statue with a camera? Just to spite you.

Personally, when I listen to music I like, I dance.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Personally, when I listen to music I like, I dance.
    Personally, I'd go for the pole.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Personally, I'd go for the pole.
    Would you mind keeping Wonderbot distracted whichever weekend he decides to go?

I imagine gaypalmsprings as the hamster dancing to his old disco ball just off screen

if someone's recording with a pole its not as bad as their arm(s) blocking more of your view
    Coachillin 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by nacci View Post
    Motorhead (medium) - The name of the band is a head that is also a machine...anyone else know a group who have machine heads?
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyhockley View Post
    does goldenvoice read these posts to decide who to book?

I could have written that article (except for #10 because I don't go to see bands who have the fan base of the Eagles).

Everyone on that list is an asshole.

Now, if Wonderbot's camera is out of the way (and the LCD is off or spun around so the brightness doesn't attract the eye) this is definitely better to me than an effing hand dancer, like the chick who was to the right of me at the rail for Radiohead and somehow managed to continuously obscure my viewpoint.

Dancing is one thing as long as you aren't trying to take up a giant space that isn't there and banging into people (with the exception of a pit at the livelier sets). Hand dancing is a whole different thing and should go back to the realm of Grateful Dead shows. This doesn't apply to most sets in the Sahara or Do-Lab for obvious reasons. Hand dance all you want in those places, suburbanites.

Pushing to the front or middle (when you weren't there from the get go) is proof that you're a self-centered douchebag. Just know that elbow jabs, drops of piss, sharpie stains, pieces of snot, and gum in hair may just happen to land on you in order to balance out the karmic concert code.

If tall people were there first, it's what it is. Get there earlier next time. But, it is very nice of them when they stand further back or ask shorter people if they want to stand in front of them; this, however should never be expected no matter how tall they are.
    Last edited by krk67; 01-18-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I suck at English.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Good Advice for anyone under 30! And all the idiots that scream Freebird. (shit song)
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

easiest way to deal with 'the train' is to pay attention and let tell the people next to you that 'we' are gonna cut them off....get shoulder to shoulder with your neighbors & tell the person running the train up on you go behind you...they always go behind and around where the opening is.....so simply cut off the hole.
    that and you meet the people around you.
    Note: you can't do this 20 min before the set...as it's too wide open, but once space starts getting clogged up....it's prime time to build your wall.

I hate the fucks with the phones....standing still instead of enjoying the moment so they can watch what they never experienced. At Coachella there are 100 videos on youtube of every song. Try enjoying yourself and stop pissing off the people around you with your hand raised blocking peoples view.

The WORST is iPad recorders.....where the fuck did these people come from. It's the FUCK THE WORLD, I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE ATTITUDE. It's not bad enough your lugging a fucking iPad around, now you have to record the entire f'n show....you deserve a nut shot/cunt shot.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

baily, I actually agree 100% with everything you said. Crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Sitting on shoulders is the worst. A tall person can't help it, but add another 3' of vagina surroundings and you're asking to have shit tossed at you
    +1. At Snoop and Dre last year this girl was getting belted with shoes and objects and finally someone pulled her down lol

The only time I almost got trampled at Coachella was in between Echo & the Bunnymen and Vampire Weekend in 2010. I noticed all the young girls appearing late into the EATB set, and there was a minor surge when Ian announced their last song, but the instant the song was over the crowd surged, and I was even lifted off my feet for a momment. I didn't lose my balance, thank goodness, and I was able to turn and brace myself against the tide of young ladies rushing to get close to the stage. Little girls are ruthless.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Quote Originally Posted by krk67 View Post
    I could have written that article (except for #10 because I don't go to see bands who have the fan base of the Eagles).

Everyone on that list is an asshole.

Now, if Wonderbot's camera is out of the way (and the LCD is off or spun around so the brightness doesn't attract the eye) this is definitely better to me than an effing hand dancer, like the chick who was to the right of me at the rail for Radiohead and somehow managed to continuously obscure my viewpoint.

Dancing is one thing as long as you aren't trying to take up a giant space that isn't there and banging into people (with the exception of a pit at the livelier sets). Hand dancing is a whole different thing and should go back to the realm of Grateful Dead shows. This doesn't apply to most sets in the Sahara or Do-Lab for obvious reasons. Hand dance all you want in those places, suburbanites.

Pushing to the front or middle (when you weren't there from the get go) is proof that you're a self-centered douchebag. Just know that elbow jabs, drops of piss, sharpie stains, pieces of snot, and gum in hair may just happen to land on you in order to balance out the karmic concert code.

If tall people were there first, it's what it is. Get there earlier next time. But, it is very nice of them when they stand further back or ask shorter people if they want to stand in front of them; this, however should never be expected no matter how tall they are.

I'm 6'6" the tripod/monopod with my phone/camera attached to it is held in front of me, just above my eye level. So I'm seeing the concert and anyone behind me is only able to see the back of my head, not my screen.

Phone can't turn off the screen while recording, and my camera doesn't have a feature to turn off the viewfinder and it doesn't flip around either. But like I said I hold it in front of me at forehead level so that I don't have to worry about keeping the video straight.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    easiest way to deal with 'the train' is to pay attention and let tell the people next to you that 'we' are gonna cut them off....get shoulder to shoulder with your neighbors & tell the person running the train up on you go behind you...they always go behind and around where the opening is.....so simply cut off the hole.
    that and you meet the people around you.
    Note: you can't do this 20 min before the set...as it's too wide open, but once space starts getting clogged up....it's prime time to build your wall.

I hate the fucks with the phones....standing still instead of enjoying the moment so they can watch what they never experienced. At Coachella there are 100 videos on youtube of every song. Try enjoying yourself and stop pissing off the people around you with your hand raised blocking peoples view.

The WORST is iPad recorders.....where the fuck did these people come from. It's the FUCK THE WORLD, I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE ATTITUDE. It's not bad enough your lugging a fucking iPad around, now you have to record the entire f'n show....you deserve a nut shot/cunt shot.

Most people's cameras are shit or their skill at recording is shit. If everyone else is going to be recording I'm going to be one of them. And if they weren't I'd still record because as long as it's allowed I dont care what you think.

If anything I'm the most considerate because I'm the guy who records everything for the group. So instead of 8 cameras in the air there's only one at a time as I cycle through them spending their storage/battery.

Point is you'll never be able to prevent anyone from recording, and you can whine and bitch and complain and they'll still record and enjoy the show and enjoy their recordings while you just sit there and hate on people instead of enjoy yourself.

Most people's cameras are shit or their skill at recording is shit. If everyone else is going to be recording I'm going to be one of them. And if they weren't I'd still record because as long as it's allowed I dont care what you think.

If anything I'm the most considerate because I'm the guy who records everything for the group. So instead of 8 cameras in the air there's only one at a time as I cycle through them spending their storage/battery.

Point is you'll never be able to prevent anyone from recording, and you can whine and bitch and complain and they'll still record and enjoy the show and enjoy their recordings while you just sit there and hate on people instead of enjoy yourself.
    Now... according to your very own logic... I will not be recording anything either weekend of Coachella. LOGICALLY, from what you said, you won't either, since you'll only be recording if EVERYONE is recording. I'm not recording, thus NOT EVERYONE will be recording. You will not be recording, based on your own statement and logic, unless you're a fucking douche basket. Now, if I happen to see you going back on your word to me and everyone here, I will fucking destroy your equipment. You'll sit there watching me destroying your equipment, wondering how you'll rectify the situation, as I dart my tall ass into the audience never to be seen from by you again (unless you decide to bring in more equipment. Then, of course, you'll be seeing me again immediately). =)

You care what we think, or you wouldn't be explaining to us, voiding your second statement.

Oh, internet tough guys. Click, click, click of the keys...

You all are what is making Coachella start to suck!

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    haha see.... my thought when I read what he typed.... "Fuck me. I don't even want to go to Coachella anymore. God damn it." Maybe that's the cold/ flu talking.

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    Imagine if you were in a movie theatre and 1/3 of the people were recording the movie on their goddam screens, imagine how fucking annoying that would be. It's just as annoying at concerts.
    this needs to be quoted over and over
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    What's wrong with some sucking at Coachella?

I'm the only one allowed to suck at Coachella. It's a tradition.

Posted a year ago on a Miami blog....

Top Ten Reasons Coachella Music Festival Totally Sucks

By Matt Preira Wed., Jan. 11 2012 at 8:00 AM

That way to Suckville!
    ​Festivals are sort of the Costco of live music. Take, for example, the upcoming 2012 edition of Coachella. If you purchased individual concert tickets for every artist on the lineup, the cost would far exceed the festival's more-or-less $400 fee.

But when you visit Costco to buy a swimming pool's worth of mustard or a 1000-box supermegapack of Cap'n Crunch, you're not expected to eat it all before you even walk out the door.

The modern music festival -- built upon excess (more bands!), cheap nostalgia (more old bands!!), and straight-up selling you shit (better bring more money!!!) -- is a bloated, fiendishly trend-oriented marathon of total overkill. And after the last few days of status updates and retweets hyping its recently announced lineup, we here at Crossfade need to let the world know why we think Coachella totally sucks.

10. Why Have One Bloated And Boring Music Festival When You Can Have Two?
    We would rather listen to Ben Stein yammer about voodoo economics than sit through one day of Coachella. But guess what? In 2012, the festival has expanded into a two weekend extravaganza, completely reproducing its entire musical lineup for two separate audiences. We don't have complete confirmation, but we're sure there are fartknockers out there going to both weekends. And we hate them.

9. The Economy Collapsed Because Everyone Was Paying For Music Festival Tickets With Space Bucks
    We understand: Coachella is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see wash-ups perform alongside a very-2012 smattering of dubstep guidos and Starbucks-ready "indie" adult contemporary. But let me ask you this: Which was the better Woodstock? The one where everyone parked their car in the road, knocked down the fences and had an extended mind orgasm while peaking on toad venom during Jefferson Airplane? Or the one that cost a bunch of money and devolved into nu-metal mutants starting a greasy riot?

8. A Turkey Leg Costs 3 Years of Indentured Servitude
    Coachella boasts free water stations set up throughout the event, so you can bet your life's-fucking-savings that you will likely have to pay to piss. The few times we've made a mistake of going to one of these jumbo-sized shitshows, we've only ever got enough scratch for, like, one rib.

7. tUnE-yArDs Is A Good Band Name, But Only For Assholes
    Arbitrarily writing your band's name in alternating caps lock is the kind of mistake that will haunt you forever because it turns your band's name into a mistake. At least you can't say that shit out loud? But we have to see it on the poster and its bad enough that we're required to mine this garbage dump of a lineup for jokes about if anyone really listens to the Arctic Monkeys, or whatever, so, please, just spell Tune-Yards like you're a friggin' adult.

6. Too Many Bands
    Yeah, Camping, partying, and so on is great. But who seriously wants to watch that much continuous live music surrounded by a bunch of dingleberries? Do you think Coachella is the only time of year that mimbo in the above video hears music? Please let us know in the comments.

5. The Internet And Daylight Are Killing Music
    Everyone knows that downloading has eviscerated music sales, and our culture of oversharing has saturated the market to the point where it's people's job to desperately make up genres like seapunk and moombahton so they can sell you money flavored liquor. Artists need to rely on live shows for income more than ever now, but look what happens when you try to get a band like Salem to play 3pm in the middle of a field. Kinda makes it suck, doesn't it? Stop making it hard for these people to live, Coachella. Bring music back inside and in the dark where it belongs.

4. More Shitty Bands Reunite To Cash-In
    It's one thing to be disappointed because your favorite band from back-in-the-day is making music again and it's just not the same. But now you're going to try to re-sell us shit we didn't wanna buy the first time? At The Drive-In killed indie rock and Refused are about as politically sincere as The Sex Pistols, but we'd still rather listen to Johnnt Rotten's drawl on Nevermind The Bollocks than the pleghm-bark vocals on The Shape Of Punk To Come

3. Three Straight Days of Amateurs Getting Wasted
    Coachella is essentially like New Years Eve. All the time. For three days. And no party hats, just drunk girls screaming, overzealous squares taking too many hits and more sloppy hornballs than should be legally permitted to lustfully congregate in the same space.

2. "Professional" Festival Attendee
    The tragic descendents of Dead Heads and The Unincorporated Federation of Losers That Follow Phish on Tour, there is a miserable, whippet-huffing, hula-hooping, pube-dresaded subset of humanity that stands for no cause, has no vision, but instead has fashioned an entire lifestyle out of always knowing where there's a keg and who's holding.

1. Industry Douchebags and Smart Phones
    Which brings us to the two most absolutely intolerable facets of Coachella that were both so equally infuriating we couldn't break the tie. Get this fact straight: the more deeply embedded you are in the music industry, the less you listen to music. Additionally, we typically have no patience for crowd-surfing, but we'll gladly hoist you up and toss you that way if it'll get you off Words With Friends for a minute, you asocial dishrag.

Lurker

Agree completely! iPads shouldn't be let into shows...It is fucking ridiculous to record a show with. All you are trying to do is draw attention to yourself, look I can afford a $500 iPad. Good for you fuckface.