Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

Hybrid View

Default The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

Please if you are going to Coachella 2013, keep these behaviors in mind... don't do them! Let me enjoy the show... i paid to see the show not your iphone....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...viors-20130114
    [B]Darthlaker

Default Re: The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

Thread of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

#10 is my favorite.

The only thing that really pisses me off is the pushing. Just because there is .02 inches of space in front of me doesn't mean that you and your 35 friends get to pass through there!! It's even worse when someone pulls that type of move and then just stays right in front of you. Those type of people need to die a slow death

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    The only thing that really pisses me off is the pushing. Just because there is .02 inches of space in front of me doesn't mean that you and your 35 friends get to pass through there!! It's even worse when someone pulls that type of move and then just stays right in front of you. Those type of people need to die a slow death
    if somebody pushes me at a show i get so much adrenaline. I pretend i dont notice them but i push them back!! stand in front of somebody else !

As much as I hate it I hate it even more when they don't even bother apologizing. I can ALMOST take it with an "Sorry excuse me" or some variation of that.
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I don't even know why I like going to shows

You shouldn't.

#4. When we saw Them Crooked Vultures at the Wiltern the guy behind us yelled "Stairway to Heaven!" through the entire show! Idiot.

I'm also happy they didn't mention anything about tall people. I'm 6'5 and I don't push to the front and usually stand in the back towards the side, but if I got there first tough shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    I'm also happy they didn't mention anything about tall people. I'm 6'5 and I don't push to the front and usually stand in the back towards the side, but if I got there first tough shit...
    I know I have said it many times, but I 100% agree. 6'4 and I am NOT moving for anyone if I got there first. Why shouldn't I be able to see if I got there first?

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I know I have said it many times, but I 100% agree. 6'4 and I am NOT moving for anyone if I got there first. Why shouldn't I be able to see if I got there first?
    I agree and I'm short and always get the tallest person standing in front of me. I can't complain though because my husband is 6"3 and blocking someones view as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    I agree and I'm short and always get the tallest person standing in front of me. I can't complain though because my husband is 6"3 and blocking someones view as well.
    Yeah, it is hard. Like, what do you want me to do? Bend over the whole time? I am there to see the show just like everyone else.

For some of these points I would agree to the antithesis.

#6.

I hate people who stand strong holding back half of one group from reaching the rest of their group because "they got to that spot first". Go fuck yourself you old fuck who lost all sense of fun and youth in your crabby ass life. It's a concert, not a place to stand still for 2 hours hoping your legs don't get too tired by the end. If people want to get up father than you, it's because they want to see this band really badly! Just because you were able to leisurely make your way to the venue hours early does not make you a bigger fan than someone who got stuck at work until traffic got horrible!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    For some of these points I would agree to the antithesis.

#6.

I hate people who stand strong holding back half of one group from reaching the rest of their group because "they got to that spot first". Go fuck yourself you old fuck who lost all sense of fun and youth in your crabby ass life. It's a concert, not a place to stand still for 2 hours hoping your legs don't get too tired by the end. If people want to get up father than you, it's because they want to see this band really badly! Just because you were able to leisurely make your way to the venue hours early does not make you a bigger fan than someone who got stuck at work until traffic got horrible!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
    Completely disagree if you really wanted to see that band you would have gotten there earlier. Don't be a dick.
    Coachella 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11, 12, 13

I'm not short, but shorter than both of you guys (6ft) and even I agree with you both! If there's someone taller than you in front of you, move to either side ... it's really not rocket science. Unless you're the last person at the show and there's only one possible spot you could stand and that spot happens to be behind someone outrageously tall, then you have the option to not be stuck behind that said tall person. One of my buddies whose come to every coachella with me is 6'6" and at least a few teams each year there will be some tool yelling at him to "get down" ... like wtf is he supposed to do about being 6'6"?? Freakin idiots, haha.

I'm not short, but shorter than both of you guys (6ft) and even I agree with you both! If there's someone taller than you in front of you, move to either side ... it's really not rocket science. Unless you're the last person at the show and there's only one possible spot you could stand and that spot happens to be behind someone outrageously tall, then you have the option to not be stuck behind that said tall person. One of my buddies whose come to every coachella with me is 6'6" and at least a few teams each year there will be some tool yelling at him to "get down" ... like wtf is he supposed to do about being 6'6"?? Freakin idiots, haha.
    Seriously, if you hate your spot it is not the people around you's fault. Sometimes just taking a step or two back means a world of difference at a show.

Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events

im 6'6 and I was feel bad at concerts I always block people's view.. I've had people ask me to move over a bit but normally there isn't even room to move over lol sorry everyone behind me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JayXMonsta View Post
    im 6'6 and I was feel bad at concerts I always block people's view.. I've had people ask me to move over a bit but normally there isn't even room to move over lol sorry everyone behind me lol.
    You can't help how tall you are, so you shouldn't have to apologize for it - but being short it's my job to get to a venue early enough so that I can have a decent view. And I don't fault those that arrived before me that block my view, because everyone there will be taller than me unless they are under 12 years old. In some cases people that are taller than me have offered for me to stand in front of them, which is very nice. Those are people I want to buy a beer for. And I'll let them lean on me if they want to steady their hands if they are taking photos or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You can't help how tall you are, so you shouldn't have to apologize for it - but being short it's my job to get to a venue early enough so that I can have a decent view. And I don't fault those that arrived before me that block my view, because everyone there will be taller than me unless they are under 12 years old. In some cases people that are taller than me have offered for me to stand in front of them, which is very nice. Those are people I want to buy a beer for. And I'll let them lean on me if they want to steady their hands if they are taking photos or something.
    Nice shorter women get favorable treatment if they know how to smile and ask politely. No beer required lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Nice shorter women get favorable treatment if they know how to smile and ask politely. No beer required lol
    agreed.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Xan, you are 1 & 9 to the fullest
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Xan, you are 1 & 9 to the fullest
    Except that I don't own an iPhone and don't do any of that. If anything, the zoom in my camera distracts people behind me because they can finally see what is happening on stage.

Upcoming shows
    Events

There is a way to get there and a way to get there acting like a DICK. Almost knocking someone over trying to get up front without so much as an "I'm sorry!" is a DICK thing to do. Those people should die a slow and painful death.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    There is a way to get there and a way to get there acting like a DICK. Almost knocking someone over trying to get up front without so much as an "I'm sorry!" is a DICK thing to do. Those people should die a slow and painful death.
    You ought to calm down a bit with the "slow painful death" routine. I'm one of the tall festival goers, so I understand where you tall folks are going. I've definitely had people ask me if they could get in front of me, and if it's just a short girl or two, then I let them slip in. I generally walk around, and stick to the back of the crowds, but I also realize that some people want to get a better spot. The only time I apologize to someone is if I step on them!

If I look back and there are short people right behind me I ask if they want to go in front, but if they say anything first I'm not moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    If I look back and there are short people right behind me I ask if they want to go in front, but if they say anything first I'm not moving.
    At Indie Jam last year I was 2 people back from the Cold War Kids, there was this chick right behind me probably about 5"2' (im 6ft) who would scream that awful high pitched girl scream after every song. Eventually she made it to my left side, but then a wheelchair came in and just about ran her over haha
    Coachillin 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by nacci View Post
    Motorhead (medium) - The name of the band is a head that is also a machine...anyone else know a group who have machine heads?
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyhockley View Post
    does goldenvoice read these posts to decide who to book?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    While waiting for Chromeo to start at a fest, a very tall guy in a sombrero tried to push in front and asked me to move so he could get by. I'm just under 5 ft tall. I said no and that everyone up front had been waiting and got there first and why should he get to stand ahead of them, and he said Chromeo were his favorite and I said, if that's true then you should have been here sooner. He shrugged and went around to the back.
    i would like to hear xanman's response to this
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    i would like to hear xanman's response to this
    It is a music festival, no one is entitled to their spot. That being said, the guy in question sounds like an asshole and anyone wearing something on their head that adds to people not being able to see the stage should get shot.

Case in point:

Fuck this asshole wearing a Coors Light cowboy hat, it was in my way during the whole Grizzly Bear set. Although, in his defense I could have just moved to a different spot I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Sitting on shoulders is the worst. A tall person can't help it, but add another 3' of vagina surroundings and you're asking to have shit tossed at you
    Sometimes it is nice to have a cam on you to ninja a view between bitches on shoulders.

Upcoming shows
    Events