Thread: How much cash money should I bring? + Merch Question

Default How much cash money should I bring? + Merch Question

this will be my first coachella and i'm trying to get a feel for how much cash i should bring for the weekend

i'm not camping, but planning on eating breakfast beforehand each day, so i'll only be buying lunch and dinner. plan to bring my own reusable water bottle. not sure what type of merch is offered but i know i'd like to get some...maybe a tshirt or zip-up sweatshirt.

is there anything else i might need money for? AND what type of merch do they offer? (besides the obvious, tshirts, records, water bottles, etc.)

thanks guyz
    Dum Dum Girls | MS MR | Deorro | Bastille | Carnage | Ellie Goulding | Shlomo | Glitch Mob | Chromeo | FLUME | OutKast

Cage the Elephant | Banks | Bombay Bicycle Club | Kid Cudi | Dillon Francis | MGMT | RL Grime | Lorde | Queens of the Stone Age | Nas

STRFKR | The 1975 | Naked & Famous | Flosstradamus | AlunaGeorge | Little Dragon | Disclosure | Arcade Fire | Lucent Dossier

Default Re: How much cash money should I bring? + Merch Question

Everyones a Photographer.

the merch tent takes credit cards, so that helps a little in terms of needing more cash.

Quote Originally Posted by amoshref View Post
    this will be my first coachella and i'm trying to get a feel for how much cash i should bring for the weekend

i'm not camping, but planning on eating breakfast beforehand each day, so i'll only be buying lunch and dinner. plan to bring my own reusable water bottle. not sure what type of merch is offered but i know i'd like to get some...maybe a tshirt or zip-up sweatshirt.

is there anything else i might need money for? AND what type of merch do they offer? (besides the obvious, tshirts, records, water bottles, etc.)

thanks guyz
    Last year I did the same thing as you - ate breakfast in the campgrounds with food we had bought beforehand and just did lunch and dinner inside the venue. I would say plan to spend 40-50 on a hoodie or 20 if you're buying a tee. For food I eat a lot, and probably dropped around 20-30 a day on that as well. If you're trying to haul ass between sets it's often quicker to drop 2 bucks for a new bottle of water than to wait in what are often long lines for refill stations, too. I'd say you'd be fine with 150 for all three days.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Also if you're buying alcohol plan to spend 8-10 bucks a pop.

Why Vegas priced drinks? The one other music festival I went to by insomniac had 5 dollar beers I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Fffrancisco View Post
    Why Vegas priced drinks? The one other music festival I went to by insomniac had 5 dollar beers I think.
    If you have to ask big man - you can't afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    If you have to ask big man - you can't afford it.
    Ummmm. I work 24/7. I can for sure afford it. I was asking just because its expensive still. 9 dollar drinks? Thats Vegas price. And yes, if I was not going to coachella I would probably be at Spring Break in Vegas paying that price.

Mostly for women, there are two merch tents that sell jewelry that runs probably $25 to $70. And hats and scarves and sunglasses if you lose yours. I think they also sell glowsticks...? My first year I got a butterly necklace made from an old record that I still wear.

Lurker

Beers are $9 at pretty much every other music festival, concert, sporting event and yes, even Vegas. If you hit up Vegas clubs and order a cocktail you'd likely be spending $15-18 per drink, so why the sticker shock?

I always try to take about $300 for the weekend and carry $100 each day to avoid overspending early. Sometimes I take a few extra bucks the first day so I can buy the merch I want and the sizes I want before it sells out. I've always come out of Coachella with a little leftover money.

Quote Originally Posted by cstylez View Post
    Beers are $9 at pretty much every other music festival, concert, sporting event and yes, even Vegas. If you hit up Vegas clubs and order a cocktail you'd likely be spending $15-18 per drink, so why the sticker shock?
    Precisely. Weekend prices at a popular club in Vegas showcasing a big name EDM act this time of year, don't be surprised paying $19 for a stinking Bud Light.

I think I paid $60 for a zip up hoodie last year. Try not to drink so much inside the festival, you'll have to piss more, miss more. If you arrive early enough & get a closer spot, you can make a quick run back to your beer cooler in your tent.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

I take about 200 with me. That supports my beer/water/food for the weekend. I try to not spend too much on Thursday and Friday so I don't have to worry about being broke on the last two days.