Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Flags??

Default Custom Flags??

Has anyone here ever used an online company to make a custom flag? I just googled this and of course came up with hundreds of companies, so I'm hoping that someone here has maybe used one of them and can give me an idea as to the pricing and quality of what they got.

Looking to get a flag made for our campsite so something like 2x3 or 3x5 I think would be best and it doesn't have to be super nice, just high enough quality to make it through a coachella weekend!

Default Re: Custom Flags??

Just make one. I made this one last year and it survived the winds and everything last year.

All you need to do is go to a fabric store, choose the material of your choice for the flag, then get some thicker material for the side you'll be connecting to the pole. Sew it all up and then go to an upholstery shop and ask them to throw a couple grommets in for you and you're good to go. You'll end up paying less for it than you would if you ordered online and you'll have that sense of accomplishment as it majestically waves through the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

this has been on my to-do list for the last 3 coachellas but I never get around to it. does everyone just use PVC pipe for the flag pole?
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

last year we made a flag out of a pillow case we screen printed onto. dye it, print it, paint it, whatever! make it yourself and you'll love it that much more.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    this has been on my to-do list for the last 3 coachellas but I never get around to it. does everyone just use PVC pipe for the flag pole?
    We use schedule 40 pvc pipe so it's a bit sturdier, then we typically try to anchor it to something (usually our structure or a car) so it doesn't bend in the wind too much. We always duct tape the fittings for an extra hold and haven't had an issue yet.

Here's a picture of our flag from last year.

576694_3430226242917_361481387_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I bought this for our flag last year. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
    It's a little flimsy, but since it's adjustable, we were able to easily lower it in the wind.

Mike and Monsterface ... how big are your flags in those pictures? Trying to get a feel for how big we want ours to be ... seems like making one is the way to go though. I just got quotes from a few companies and even just for a 2x3 flag it's $60+ depending on how many colors and how nice you want it!! That makes this choice pretty easy, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I bought this for our flag last year. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
    It's a little flimsy, but since it's adjustable, we were able to easily lower it in the wind.
    cool, I've had a couple flag poles in my amazon shopping cart for about a year now, but I like that this one is adjustable. thanks!
    2012 2013 2014

NP. We also zip tied the crap out of it to our sturdiest canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    Mike and Monsterface ... how big are your flags in those pictures? Trying to get a feel for how big we want ours to be ... seems like making one is the way to go though. I just got quotes from a few companies and even just for a 2x3 flag it's $60+ depending on how many colors and how nice you want it!! That makes this choice pretty easy, haha
    Mine is 3x5 and was the perfect size. We were camped in the back last year by the general store and we could see it from the ferris wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    Ours was also 3x5. I just bought a blank flag of amazon and decorated it, total cost including shipping was about $7. Like Robin said, we also zip tied the hell out of it. If you use pvc, dont forget to drill holes at the top to ziptie the grommets to the pvc.

There is a product called http://www.neverfurl.com/ that you might be interested in as well
    I am making a flag this year as well, just haven't decided on which concept yet
    Happy sewing!
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Lurker

Do campers in Lake Eldorado have flags on their tent? I want one but not sure if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    Just make one. I made this one last year and it survived the winds and everything last year.

All you need to do is go to a fabric store, choose the material of your choice for the flag, then get some thicker material for the side you'll be connecting to the pole. Sew it all up and then go to an upholstery shop and ask them to throw a couple grommets in for you and you're good to go. You'll end up paying less for it than you would if you ordered online and you'll have that sense of accomplishment as it majestically waves through the air.

Super savvy DIY!!

I've been meaning to do this every year and never got around to it. We're finally graduating from tent camping into car camping so this might be our year to do it.

Flags.jpg
    These were my groups flags last year the one on the left was mine and i just used pvc pipe, which surprisingly held up in the crazy wind during weekend 1.
    The other flags were the tallest in the whole campground which was actually the easiest way for people to find us. It was an actual steel flag pole and was attached to my buddy's car.
    Either way, using a flag is the best way to mark where your campsite is.

Mine is 3x5 and was the perfect size. We were camped in the back last year by the general store and we could see it from the ferris wheel.
    Ours was also 3x5. I just bought a blank flag of amazon and decorated it, total cost including shipping was about $7. Like Robin said, we also zip tied the hell out of it. If you use pvc, dont forget to drill holes at the top to ziptie the grommets to the pvc.
    Awesome, thanks guys! Looks like 3x5 will be the go-to size. Not sure what we're gonna do for a design yet, but we're gonna be making our own now! Way cheaper compared to the $60+ for even just a 2x3 flag!

I'll use my lobster flag again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Anyone getting crafty with the flags this week? I was going to make one with the worm from Labyrinth, but then realized my husband would make fun of me all weekend if I did that. So I am working on a new one now. Probably of my avatar since I'm nostalgic for that sign.

Never got around to making a cool flag for our group but we did buy some car flags and decorated some of them. they will help our group of cars stay together a little easier thursday. we also painted them with glow paint and plan to clip them to a wire coat hanger once we park to help identify our spots at night.
    2012 2013 2014

Well, my group will have some flags this year, but unfortunately, my buddy who I put in charge of buying the flags forgot what "blank" meant when we bought them and we now have two flags with designs already on them, haha. Maybe we'll do some customization on top of them, but as far as a fully custom flag, I guess that's going to have to wait until next year!

I ordered 2 CUSTOM PRINTED FLAGS from this site last week for $100 total including shipping.
    http://www.custom-printed-flags.com/

I think they are in China, but they said they would have them to me in 7 days. I will post pictures and update once they have arrived.

Much cheaper than any USA/Local option.
    U MAD?

so was the no-flags rule only for in the festival then? we can have them at the campsite? i thought it was kind of ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    so was the no-flags rule only for in the festival then? we can have them at the campsite? i thought it was kind of ridiculous.
    Yep, in the campground is completely fine but you cant take them inside. Because no one wants this in front of them...

flag_demo.jpg

IMG_20130330_161516a.jpg

My flags from last year being tested again for this year. Top is airbrushed on white fabric from JoAnns, bottom is a 5x8 from one of those online companies, forget which one or how much though.

That pole is bolted to a bushing on the roof rack so it rotates horizontal for the drive then locks upright in about 10 seconds.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

I got 10 2X3 flags made for $100 off some Chinese site. It might be small, but everyone can keep one.
    I was going to get something like this for the pole, will it just totally fail?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Quote Originally Posted by Deforel View Post
    Yep, in the campground is completely fine but you cant take them inside. Because no one wants this in front of them...

flag_demo.jpg
    figured. what kind of asshat brings a flag in?

Quote Originally Posted by Visapet View Post
    I got 10 2X3 flags made for $100 off some Chinese site. It might be small, but everyone can keep one.
    I was going to get something like this for the pole, will it just totally fail?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    Wow. That's a great deal on flags. Go China. One of my wholesale vendors quoted me $175 for one.

Not sure about that pole without knowing how you'll attach it. :/

what kind of flag pole did you use?