Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: HARD Summer 2013

Default Re: HARD Summer 2013

duke dumont, bondax, gorgon city, and xxyyxx are some other names to check out. this lineup isn't revolutionary but it's solid. going to be fun

French Fries, Samo Sound Boy, and Bondax are some decent small-ish names.

Justice (DJ Set). What exactly does that mean and how does that differ from any other set that they would normally do?

Hi Mikeoley. Welcome to the EDM scene. You are about 3 years too late to the party. I would look for something else rather help drag the downfall longer.

No you're right. I'll get back to my regularly scheduled program.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeoley View Post
    Justice (DJ Set). What exactly does that mean and how does that differ from any other set that they would normally do?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    ahahahaha

God you guys are twats, why do i even come here

Thanks Grind.

And I expected to get flamed. The Coachella message boards have some of the most intelligent people in the world who know everything about every music genre. Their tolerance for questions is slim to none. They're too busy lubing themselves up and jerking off on their Daft Punk records. I get it dude. I totally get it.

You don't.

instead of pressing play on a sequencer and turning the cutoff knob before the drop they'll press play on their laptops and turn a virtual cutoff knob before the drop

oh and less star trek shit and empty speaker cabs on stage i guess
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Ugh, enough with the fake marshall stack schtick, already.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    instead of pressing play on a sequencer and turning the cutoff knob before the drop they'll press play on their laptops and turn a virtual cutoff knob before the drop

oh and less star trek shit and empty speaker cabs on stage i guess
    this

Thanks Grind.

And I expected to get flamed. The Coachella message boards have some of the most intelligent people in the world who know everything about every music genre. Their tolerance for questions is slim to none. They're too busy lubing themselves up and jerking off on their Daft Punk records. I get it dude. I totally get it.
    It's actually because this dumb "live vs. dj set" discussion has occurred countless times on this board and is fucking painful to go through every single time because no one agrees on everything. Live show = playing exclusively their shit in a format that is basically standardized for a tour. DJ set is a fucking dj set, they mix other artists in with their own stuff. It's never black and white though. If you're gonna give me some shitty rebuttal as to why I'm wrong, shove it up your ass first and describe how it feels.

I don't understand the hate for this lineup, there's some cool shit my friends and I want to see. Then again I haven't been to HARD in a few years
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    You don't.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    It's actually because this dumb "live vs. dj set" discussion has occurred countless times on this board and is fucking painful to go through every single time because no one agrees on everything. Live show = playing exclusively their shit in a format that is basically standardized for a tour. DJ set is a fucking dj set, they mix other artists in with their own stuff. It's never black and white though. If you're gonna give me some shitty rebuttal as to why I'm wrong, shove it up your ass first and describe how it feels.
    For a group like Justice this is very true, but there are other EDM artists who have live bands and play instruments/etc so the distinction between a live set and a dj set are much clearer.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

I lied. I'm going to this.

Breach is added to the lineup for the dirtybird stage.

I almost want to go to this just so I can stalk Phil Kieran. I want to corner that man and find out why there was never a second Alloy Mental album! Granted there are certainly other reasons to go... but on the flip side, there is the shit show that is Hard massives.

I thought that all the fuckers drooling over knife party who missed him (or couldn't get enough of him at Coachella) would be drooling this line up simply for his inclusion. I guess you can't really impress them all.

knife party = doods not dood
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Any suggestions on where I should stay when I'm here for the event? Looking for something practical & with parking. Maybe somewhere we can pub crawl back to? Or a cool neighborhood that the nearby buslines run to? Any experience with how sloppy busses are after the event? Never been.

Royal pagoda is the hands down winner for its close proximity and price.

Quote Originally Posted by Penis View Post
    Any suggestions on where I should stay when I'm here for the event? Looking for something practical & with parking. Maybe somewhere we can pub crawl back to? Or a cool neighborhood that the nearby buslines run to? Any experience with how sloppy busses are after the event? Never been.
    look into the miyako hotel in the Little Tokyo district. The park is just a short trip away on the metrolink. Its a pretty nice hotel for the price, rooms come complete with a bidet toilette

or the Metro Plaza hotel but might be sold out by now

cashmere cat got added to the lineup! =^_^= if you don't know well now you know https://soundcloud.com/cashmerecat/

one of my favorite producers ATM

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penis View Post
    Royal Pagoda is located right next to the park. But there's a subway line that runs all through L.A. from NoHo to right to the park, so you can get a hotel pretty much anywhere near one of the lines and have a convenient train ride.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Just picked up tickets for Saturday.

Excite!

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Anyone recommend any Sunday DJs in the lower lines?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

Justin Jay has a dope new EP out on Dirtybird. Breach had probably the biggest tune of WMC. Gorgon City has some good tunes. Rudimental will be amazing. Eats Everything, French Fries, J Phlip, and Justin Martin are all Dirtybird artists.