Thread: Escape Campervans

Default Escape Campervans

Saw a lot of these in the campgrounds last year, and I know some of you on here have to have used them. Are they worth it for the weekend/any likes or dislikes? All in all what was the total cost with gas and all the add-ons? I am trying to see if it is worth the extra hassle of driving to LA and then to Indio, etc...
    If you haven't heard of them, here is the site
    http://www.escapecampervans.com/

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Escape Campervans

Quote Originally Posted by DJroomba View Post
    Saw a lot of these in the campgrounds last year, and I know some of you on here have to have used them. Are they worth it for the weekend/any likes or dislikes? All in all what was the total cost with gas and all the add-ons? I am trying to see if it is worth the extra hassle of driving to LA and then to Indio, etc...
    If you haven't heard of them, here is the site
    http://www.escapecampervans.com/
    Worth every penny. I got it for 7 days and paid just under 600. We had 4 of us split the cost so it was super cheap. I ended up sleeping in a tent though but the bed wasn't too bad from the morning nap I did take in there. The people who rent them were super nice, we gave them the rest of our bud as a tip before they dropped us off at the airport.
    Here's the one we got.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I reserved one of these back when I bought my ticket, last May or whenever the fuck pre-sale was. Stoked to use it, so much easier than trying to fly all my camping gear clear across the country.

Do they have some sort of cooler/fridge mechanism inside? I seem to recall that being in the description but I can't remember exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    I reserved one of these back when I bought my ticket, last May or whenever the fuck pre-sale was. Stoked to use it, so much easier than trying to fly all my camping gear clear across the country.

Do they have some sort of cooler/fridge mechanism inside? I seem to recall that being in the description but I can't remember exactly.
    Yeah but it only stays on when the vehicle is running. They also have a sink.
    They do sell out quick so if you don't get this, I suggest a 15 person van and have them take out the last 2-3 rows depending on how many people you have with.
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Yeah but it only stays on when the vehicle is running. They also have a sink.
    They do sell out quick so if you don't get this, I suggest a 15 person van and have them take out the last 2-3 rows depending on how many people you have with.
    There's just two of us. I just wanted the queen bed and some easy storage space. Figure I can basically fly with just a bag full of personal effects and my canopy as my checked bags, pick up a cheap cooler out there, and voila.

They will rent you a canopy I believe. Less baggage fees. Two people will be perfect. Load your shit in the back while driving and keep it all up front when you arrive. Get a power converter and a fan and blow it at you through the morning once the sun comes up for an extra hour or two of sleep. Windshield covers too.

I had the Bob Marley 'One Love' in 2012. Loved it. Made breakfast every morning, slept like a baby every night. Worth every penny indeed.

these look perfect, rates are awesome too.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Thanks for the tips, I hope they aren't sold out yet and I can still get my paws on one
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Can't be more bro than Gotye.

I just reserved mine the other day for 2 weeks to cover both weekends. Prices are sweet and saves room in the camp site.

It would be cool if we parked all of our campervans in the same area...a sea of campervans.