Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Knife 2013 Tour Dates. Like for realz.

Default Re: The Knife 2013 Tour Dates. Like for realz.

Andrew, I thought that Mitch was joking there, but maybe not. Either way, i dig the hell outta that track.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Anyone else want to hear the unedited versions of these tracks? The Knife teased, in an interview, that some tracks went on for over an hour before editing them down to the lengths on the album versions.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Networking in particular is a track that I would love to hear manipulated and jammed out for a solid hour.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    "Without You My Life Would Be Boring" is my favorite track. I remember reading that she really liked Tomahawk's Anonymous LP, and it really shows in this song. I need to see this live at some point.
    Fracking Fluid Injection reminds me of some Painkiller's ambient pieces. I wonder if there's a direct influence, or particularly John Zorn's. Mike Patton is very close to those guys too.

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Seeing The Knife this year just moved up considerably higher on my priority list.

Chris, I made that same face at least 3 times during our first listen and I thought I knew what I was in for.
    Go to Bestival! The Knife, Elton John, a bunch of other people, and more importantly, a fair number of us are going to be in attendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

More bedspring!

Looking forward to the shows next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

UGH

I HATE YOU

old school

Just put it on! Definitely liking it so far, but I think it will take a couple of lessons to sink in.

Very excited to be seeing them, but hopefully the festival set is just as good as a concert.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    Fracking Fluid Injection reminds me of some Painkiller's ambient pieces. I wonder if there's a direct influence, or particularly John Zorn's. Mike Patton is very close to those guys too.
    Oooh I hadn't even thought of that, but now that you mention it I can definitely see some similarities.

I just read through the comic on their website, and I have to say I wasn't impressed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Listened front to back for a third time today. The song that really jumped out at me this time around was Raging Lung, really really good track. It's still going to take some time, but the layers of this onion are slowly being peeled back.
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Last edited by Justin170; 04-07-2013 at 09:38 PM.

The top link is the one that matters btw.....

I thought Zoladz's review was pretty spot on.

"Raging Lung," is my favorite track, Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I cant stop listening and need to try to see them live at some point this year...

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The top link is the one that matters btw.....
    None of them matter.
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I had guessed an 8.5 from Pitchfork. I was pretty close. The review was extremely well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

James Blake is gonna get a higher score.

Nice trip to Rough Trade earlier.

It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    James Blake is gonna get a higher score.
    .....someone is wrong again!

This is just great

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

So while weekend 1'ers were tucked in bed last Thursday night, the Knife released a small amount of tix to the Roundhouse gigs (anyone signed up to the Knife newsletter can confirm) @ 1am.
    I tried my luck and managed to pick up 2 individual tix (thursday gig) ... 1 seated Level 2. Then 15 minutes later, I got a GA floor. Keeping the GA floor and offering up the seated tix at face value (34 quid). Alternatively, I'm thinking about trading the spare for a Wed tix. I still can't believe I'm flying halfway around the world for a show ... but the Knife aren't playing stateside this year (probably) and the Roundhouse (I hear) is an awesome venue. And if I'm going to see the Knife, I might as well see them at a full show rather than a festival.

What's hilarious is that I'll be back in England again the following month for Glastonbury.

By the way, British Airway non-stop flights LAX-LHR are hovering around $1200 (Wed-Sun). w/ connections ~$1000. Haven't purchased accomodations yet, but found a place offering ~$60/night within walking distance to the Roundhouse.

Other shows surrounding the Knife gig:
    Kishi Bashi
    Athlete
    Cold War Kids
    The Neighborhood
    and Chelsea vs Tottenham (yes!)
    Last edited by zeppelin77; 04-22-2013 at 10:02 AM.

http://theknife.net/2013/04/shaking-the-habitual-show/

We just have to go faster we mean breakneck we mean “like crazy”2

We are never faceless, not even in the most grey anonymous streets of the city. We will never stop being responsible, being extensions, of one another. We will never stop longing for each other, and for something else.3

We, The Knife, will be performing live. We will be there, on stage, all seven of us, sometimes all ten of us, or even more. We have worked hard, together. Things, ideas, concepts have been tried, tested, discarded, evolved, perfected and discarded again.

We know of the performative parts of power (Hegemony! Hi!), the on-going upholdance of everything through the performance of everyone. The habitual dance of the ordinary, the narratives of the normal. We know how the norm functions. But this is not every day. We have put on our glitter, we are ready to sparkle. This is special, if we were birds, (maybe we are) our feathers would shine (they do). We are building a place, a scene, a moment. But the blocks aren’t set, the pieces move. We slipper and slide around it, under it, above. Shaking our habitat.

With raging lungs we breathe, exhausted but enthralled. We sweat and smile and frown, laughing at the future, crying at the past, holding on. Legs astride, one foot yours, one foot ours.

You have the most beautiful way of putting one foot in front of the other
    Being horizontal is wonderful most things we love are open ended4

Kick, kick, left leg back, turn, kick, right leg. Stay. Things get blurry, that’s ok. We’ll move. Open arms, twisted ankles. We will be performing live.
    All of us

How at 5am that warehouse beat is coming up like sour steam.
    All over the dance floor we’re asking: can this DNA turn into something else?
    It’s not metaphorical. It’s explicit.
    No habits!

Of course we’re growing restless.5

1 This text is written and edited by Petter Hallén
    2 Jess Arndt
    3 Marit Östberg
    4 Emily Roysdon

THE EVENING WILL OPEN WITH…

Bremen (26thApril ), Hamburg (27thApril ), Milan (29th April), Zurich (30th April), Munich (1st May), Copenhagen (May 12th and 13th), Oslo (May 15th) and more:

Absurdist Aerobics class taught by a master-teacher-guru-shaman-dictator-aerobics instructor- new age workshop leader, Tarek Halaby.

Participatory/interactive absurdist warm up for anybody who wants it.
    Death Electro Emo Protest Aerobics… DEEP AEROBICS

DEEP AEROBICS is a workout form invented and shamelessly disseminated by Miguel Gutierrez, who hopes to soon destroy the technique, because it’s just too hard to teach, and really the world is going to hell in a hand basket anyway. It is the communal/political/conceptual/imaginational workout experience you always wanted but never could embarrass yourself enough to find or do in public. It is for anyone who has ever had any interest in combining the joie de vivre that is the vigorous bouncing of one’s anatomical/spiritual/energetic molecules with the existential absurdity that is living in a world/country/economic system of injustice, war-mongering, and cultural ineptitude. Oh wait, that’s you. If you feel like it: come in your own crazy aerobics costume, whatever that means to you. Taste the sweat.

ps. Take one class and you are instantly a certified master teacher of the form. No yearly dues, fees, reports. Just give credit to Miguel Gutierrez.

Stockholm (16th and 17th May):

DANCEOKE with ÖFA-KOLLEKTIVET
    &
    COOL PANS – The biggest steel band i Scandinavia!

ÖFA-KOLLEKTIVET is an artist collective and feminist support group through which several performances, workshops, exhibitions and club-performances have been created. ÖFA takes the liberty to challenge the bipolar gender thinking and aim to create a space for gender-free experiences. Breaking stereotypes is to break the system that controls and limits, reins and holds back, shapes and dictates – that’s why ÖFA has an aftertaste of gingerbread, promiscuity, trust, hope, daring and do-it-yourself spirit!
    ÖFA: DANCEOKE is like karaoke but instead of singing alone you dance to music videos together with a full dance floor. Danceoke shifts the perspective of performer/audience and makes people come together no matter what.

COOL PANS – The biggest steel band i Scandinavia!
    Since forming in 1997, Stockholm based steelband Cool Pans have performed at numerous parties and venues around Stockholm and in other parts of Sweden. But the music doesn’t stop there! Cool Pans have also performed at several destinations in Europe at carnivals and festivals. Norway, Germany, France, England, Denmark have all enjoyed the caribbean music and infectious rhythms, played with an enthusiasm and energy that is significant for Cool Pans musicians.

…AND END WITH DJ SETS BY:
    Amsterdam (6th May): Shinedoe
    Berlin (May 11th): rRoxymore
    London (May 8th and 9th): Hannah Holland
    Copenhagen (May 12th and 13th): Pernille Krog Mogensen
    Stockholm (May 16th): Lemieux
    Stockholm (May 17th): Lemieux & Jin Mustafa b2b
    And more to come…

Every time they release one of these, I love the band even more.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

As if it couldn't get weirder. I'm excited to see that there are 7-10 people playing this live
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I wonder if they're going to do the aerobics at Bestival.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Must see this show in 2014.

During the Shaking The Habitual Show we will sell publications made by the people we love and learn from. Their work on intersectional, feminist, anti-racist, anti-capitalist strategies has inspired us to keep fighting for what we believe in.

MALMOE FREE UNIVERSITY FOR WOMEN (MFK) has written a manual that tries to sum up the knowledge that they have acquired when working with MFK. Under the headings Start, Organization and Structure, Economy, Art, Strategic Separatism, Intersectionality, Radical Pedagogy and Utopia we have formulated our own definitions, clarified with concrete examples and experiences and collected practical tips. The book is written with the aim to activate and spread knowledge and we hope that as many as possible will find it useful. Use, ponder and exploit the manual for your own purposes.
    mfkuniversitet.blogspot.se
    radikalpedagogik.blogspot.se

GIRLS LIKE US is an international, independent magazine representing a contemporary community of women. The magazine focuses on women with a great personality and a unique vision – Women who manage to live their lives on their own terms, changing society from within. The magazine is a cultural study of women of different professions and backgrounds.
    glumagazine.com

FUL is an artist collective, which use queer feminist and post-colonial theories as an important part of aesthetic expression. Ful does not believe in a two gender-system but welcome all genders and non-gendered, and call them ze. With Ful art magazine #1-2 2011, Ful comment on and resist towards the white neonationalistic movement that is massively spreading through Europe. With #1-4 2012, Ful investigate the skin as a space for contact and projection, and a place where politics are exercised. This is done in a publication that is letting ideas about body politics take physical form.
    tidskriftenful.se
    http://theknife.net/2013/04/towards-...ve-dependency/

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

So by 5 pm tonight there will be videos of all this stuff, hooray.

I'm not sure if I want to be surprised or not at Bestival. I'll probably watch video though.

I hope they're playing my wedding song on this tour.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'm not sure if I want to be surprised or not at Bestival. I'll probably watch video though.

I hope they're playing my wedding song on this tour.
    Was your wedding song "Hangin' Out"?
    For your health

Heartbeats. I walked down the Jose Gonzalez version of it. Becuase I'm AWESOME.