Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Knife 2013 Tour Dates. Like for realz.

Default Re: The Knife 2013 Tour Dates. Like for realz.

Quote Originally Posted by dvärgen View Post
    Dancioke is a warm-up act, so I’m not sure if they do this in a festival setting. Besides, it was loads of fun. Videos by Robyn, Beyonce, Bollywood-style music videos, and weird 80s stuff were played on screens and the audience was asked to mimic the dance routines (which was near impossible at times as Robyn rolls around on the ground in her video). At the show I went to, everyone around me participated and had a good laugh. It really got people into the spirit of the show.
    Whoah. This is going to get my wife to go to their show at Terminal 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Please give me more examples of bands that were not headliners playing stages that aren't the main stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I think people take the placements on the poster way too literally.
    I thought the same thing too. Then I went to the posters and set times to prove people wrong. But for each day of 2011, 2012 and 2013 the three names in the largest font on each day were the last three bands to perform on the Coachella stage that day. 2010's lone exception was Thom Yorke????. 2009 followed the same pattern as 2011-2013. 2008's main poster had everybody mashed into one day so I stopped looking.

Sometimes the order was jumbled a little but the pattern has held for 14 of the past 15 Coachella days (not double counting for a second weekend). That doesn't mean GV won't mix it up... but I'm convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Please give me more examples of bands that were not headliners playing stages that aren't the main stage.
    Oh, please. You were being willfully dense in the first place. He didn't mean that OutKast and the Replacements would be playing the Outdoor Theatre, but that the time slot of the Knife on the Outdoor Theatre is going to line up with the set break between the Replacements and OutKast, who are both playing the Coachella Stage.

It's a dumb opinion but you could at least engage with it.

hahaha. I went back and reread, realized I interpreted as Outkast playing the Outdoor. I'm blaming the cold medicine ive been on all week.

The only poster placement I trust is the headliners on the Main stage, closing out their night, as proven by your poster research. 2nd/3rd/sub/etc headliners are all over the place. Having said that, I think that they'll be on the outdoor, but i'd love it if they were in a tent as we'd be more immersed in the show. Fever Ray is still one of my favorite Coachella performances.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

Understandable!

I did misstate slightly; I am counting "highest billed" from top to bottom and left to right on each line. So Phoenix, the XX, the Postal Service. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dog, At the Drive-In, Justice. Muse, Faith No More, Tiesto. In each case those three artists have been the last three to play the Coachella stage. The order within the three has not been fixed but it has been those three (as noted above, going back through 2009 with the exception of Thom Yorke????).

And there have been (at least) two and a half exceptions to the Headliner (highest billed artist) closing out the night. Swedish House Mafia closed, not the Black Keys. Tiesto closed, not Muse. And the Stone Roses closed one weekend, not Blur (this is the half an exception).

So I trust that the three highest billed artists will be the last three to play the Coachella stage MORE than I trust that the highest billed will be the one to close it.

Especially when there is a dance/electronic/DJ artist in that top 3. Which might lead credence to the idea that the Knife will close out the Coachella stage, after OutKast and the Replacements. But in the other instances the Headliner that didn't close out the night were Coachella vets who were making the jump to Headliner, not long sought after popular favorites who are gigantic draws so who knows.

Other than that if they are following the precedent of the past 5 years, OutKast, the Knife and the Replacements will close out the Coachella stage.

And, to clarify I don't mean that they will close out the Coachella stage performing together as a supergroup. Though now I'm going to be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    2008's main poster had everybody mashed into one day so I stopped looking.
    The huge poster field at the festival has the traditional format of 2008, the first three acts of each day were:
    Jack Johnson/the Verve/the Raconteurs, Prince/Portishead/Kraftwerk, Roger Waters/Love and Rockets/My Morning Jacket.

Love and Rockets played Outdoor and partially conflicted with My Morning Jacket, but that was probably necessary to accommodate Roger Waters' 3 hour set.
    Last edited by microcuts; 01-17-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

2nd night added for The Knife in Oakland. Onsale Jan 24th

2nd NYC show also added, and on sale right now.

I saw that! That first show must have sold out quick. I am glad I got tickets.

Compelling argument, but I really hope whoever does the scheduling realizes that putting the Knife on the Maiin before Outkast will be a huge mistake. Outkast campers are not going to dig the knife show.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

got tickets to the first night in new york. can't wait.

i hope they don't play on the main stage, but the posters from years past have been extremely consistent and make me think that they are. even more convincing is that the first name on the second line almost ALWAYS plays on the main stage, from 2007 to 2013 (with the lone exception being love and rockets in 2008). that's 20 out of 21. will the knife be the second exception? i sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Alienating their audience was totally their priority when they billed them this way. I say Outdoor at night, in between The Replacements and Outkast. Similar to 2010 when Pavement went on, the Main was silent for Atoms For Peace and then gorillaz was on. The extra hour on Friday night helps this out since you dont have to cram in more bands due to less time on the schedule. Subjecting everyone to The Knife would cause issues for Weekend 2 attendees. Everyone would complain and demand a schedule change. If it was one weekend, its not the worst thing because you got one shot and nothing else.
    You are acting like the people camping out for OutKast will love The Replacements. Lets be real. If people are camping out just for OutKast, they will hate both The Knife and The Replacements. I think The Knife before OutKast makes more sense than The Replacements. If they simply wanted to make the masses happy, they would put Girl Talk on the mainstage before OutKast.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Ideal situation would be the Replacements going into the Knife to close out the Outdoor Theatre, with Broken Bells playing in between their sets (maybe overlapping with the Replacements a bit) on the Main in advance of OutKast. I'm no longer concerned that the Knife will conflict with OutKast, but I don't want it to be a situation like Tool fans during Massive Attack or RATM fans during Crowded House if they're doing anything close to the Shaking the Habitual show while OutKast's fans dominates the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

Clearly outkast fans are all ethnic and would never listen to white people music.

Rap headliners are to get the hood to coachella.

Wtf is an Outkast fan 10+ years since the last time they've done anything anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Wtf is an Outkast fan 10+ years since the last time they've done anything anyway?
    a 30 year old white dude that listened to them a bunch in junior high and high school. i think the knife going into outkast on the main stage will be fine. it'll be a spectacle for the people waiting for outkast that they'll be cool with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    You are acting like the people camping out for OutKast will love The Replacements. Lets be real. If people are camping out just for OutKast, they will hate both The Knife and The Replacements. I think The Knife before OutKast makes more sense than The Replacements. If they simply wanted to make the masses happy, they would put Girl Talk on the mainstage before OutKast.
    Im assuming The Replacements are much more accessible band in comparison to The Knife and what they are attempting to achieve with their live show. Thats something that has to come into play. Also, Paul T has mentioned this when it came to scheduling and that its all about moving the crowds around. A sort of ''traffic police'' when it came to set times. Look at how much people bounce around during the entire weekend. Its due to the people making the schedule and looking at peoples music taste, what they would do conflict wise etc. Why do you think they took it even further with the check in thing when you go to a stage? You scan your wristband and you let Coachella know where you are and what youre seeing. It's their way of gathering data and studying it for the future. Why do you think did the microcommunity for a few years and asked people questions about who they saw, who they would like to see, fave band etc. If they just went straight up with how acts were billed, everyone would just camp out on one stage, and thats not what they want.

Ever thought maybe that's why the bill vastly different bands then........
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Yeah, The fans camping out for Coldplay really loved Bauhaus in 2005.

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Yeah, The fans camping out for Coldplay really loved Bauhaus in 2005.
    It was really fun standing in the back of mainstage area, where the food court and tables used to be, watching the crowd heavily filter out during Coldplay's set. But yeah, it was weird how Bauhaus weren't on the NIN night that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Clearly outkast fans are all ethnic and would never listen to white people music.

Rap headliners are to get the hood to coachella.
    Who the fuck said anything about ethnicity, you stupid cocksucker? Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that Tool & RATM have a primarily black audience, since they're the acts I referenced in regards to having shitty fans who were totally obnoxious while waiting for them to play.

I'm sure there's some overlap between people who like OutKast and people who like the Knife. The majority of people who are looking forward to seeing OutKast will not be people who are looking forward to seeing the Knife, and of those who are, the majority of them will not be on board with the Shaking the Habitual show or anything remotely close to it. I'll be happy to be proven wrong but I'm dubious about the prospects for that.
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

There's even fans of the The Knife who are not looking forward to the prospect of a Shaking the Habitual show. It'll be a fun exercise in people observation at the very least.

Their show has actually evolved a bit. I apologize for my previous criticisms. This new rehearsal video looks significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    This is the best headliner Coachella has had in many years and everyone should discuss Outkast more. The Coachella Stage will explode when they perform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said the COMBINATION of Blur/Roses, which will be a worldwide exclusive that will be talked about for years to come. (1/30/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Their show has actually evolved a bit. I apologize for my previous criticisms. This new rehearsal video looks significantly better.

4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Im assuming The Replacements are much more accessible band in comparison to The Knife and what they are attempting to achieve with their live show. Thats something that has to come into play. Also, Paul T has mentioned this when it came to scheduling and that its all about moving the crowds around. A sort of ''traffic police'' when it came to set times. Look at how much people bounce around during the entire weekend. Its due to the people making the schedule and looking at peoples music taste, what they would do conflict wise etc. Why do you think they took it even further with the check in thing when you go to a stage? You scan your wristband and you let Coachella know where you are and what youre seeing. It's their way of gathering data and studying it for the future. Why do you think did the microcommunity for a few years and asked people questions about who they saw, who they would like to see, fave band etc. If they just went straight up with how acts were billed, everyone would just camp out on one stage, and thats not what they want.
    Aside from Daft Punk in 2006, when has the second billed act not played the mainstage? Also note: Daft Punk was also billed as "Daft Punk in the dance tent" on the poster.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    The huge poster field at the festival has the traditional format of 2008, the first three acts of each day were:
    Jack Johnson/the Verve/the Raconteurs, Prince/Portishead/Kraftwerk, Roger Waters/Love and Rockets/My Morning Jacket.

Love and Rockets played Outdoor and partially conflicted with My Morning Jacket, but that was probably necessary to accommodate Roger Waters' 3 hour set.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I hope The Knife is this year's Animal Collective on the main. Tripping out all the Outkast fans who have no idea what's going on.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Second billed. Not acts on the second line. Acts that were billed second on the poster. As in, the very first name after the headliner.