Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David Bowie - The Next Day 2013!!!

Default Re: David Bowie - The Next Day 2013!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    The first time I watched the video I hated it. But I figured I would give it another shot since it's Bowie.

And I still hated it.
    I think they made the video on jibjab.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

new song is good, haven't watched the video yet

I liked the new song. Just heard it. Very reminiscent of Heathen, which is one of my favorites. This is exciting. I hope he tours or at least does a few shows in the States. We'll travel!
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

I like the new song as well. And who cares about music videos.

Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

This is great to hear

Tony Visconti has said that the new David Bowie album is "a rock album", saying he was surprised to hear the reflective and melancholic track 'Where Are We Now' released first.

Following the surprise return of Bowie to the music scene with a brand new album announced for March release yesterday (Jan 8), producer Visconti spoke to BBC News about the album he has worked on and revealed what fans can expect to hear from the release.

Speaking about new single 'Where Are We Now?', Visconti said: "I think it's a very reflective track for David. He certainly is looking back on his Berlin period and it evokes this feeling… it's very melancholy, I think. It's the only track on the album that goes this much inward for him. It's quite a rock album, the rest of the songs, so I thought to myself why is David coming out with this very slow, albeit beautiful, ballad why is he doing this? He should come out with a bang. But he is a master of his own life. I think this was a very smart move, linking the past with the future, and I think the next thing you hear from him is going to be quite different.

Adding: "I've been listening to this on headphones walking through the streets of New York for the past two years, and I have not tired of a single song. I think the material on this album is extremely strong and beautiful, and if people are looking for classic Bowie they'll find it on this album, if they're looking for innovative Bowie, new directions, they're going to find that on this album too."

Speaking to BBC via Skype in New York, Visconti also spoke about the rumours surrounding Bowie's health, assuring fans that he is fit and healthty. "David is extremely healthy, he's rosy-cheeked, he smiles a lot," Visconti said. "During the recording he was smiling, he was so happy to be back in the studio. From the old days I recall that he was the loudest singer I've ever worked with. When he starts singing I'd have to back off, and go into another room and just leave him in front of a microphone, he still has that power in that chest and in his voice. We all know he had a health scare in 2003, 2004, but he's a very healthy man I can assure you, I've been saying this for the past few years. I couldn't explain why I know that, but I worked with a very healthy and happy David Bowie in the studio."

http://www.nme.com/news/david-bowie/68076

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

If you're gonna trust anyone on that, it'd be Tony Visconti. Good news, that.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    This is great to hear

Tony Visconti has said that the new David Bowie album is "a rock album", saying he was surprised to hear the reflective and melancholic track 'Where Are We Now' released first.

Following the surprise return of Bowie to the music scene with a brand new album announced for March release yesterday (Jan 8), producer Visconti spoke to BBC News about the album he has worked on and revealed what fans can expect to hear from the release.

Speaking about new single 'Where Are We Now?', Visconti said: "I think it's a very reflective track for David. He certainly is looking back on his Berlin period and it evokes this feeling… it's very melancholy, I think. It's the only track on the album that goes this much inward for him. It's quite a rock album, the rest of the songs, so I thought to myself why is David coming out with this very slow, albeit beautiful, ballad why is he doing this? He should come out with a bang. But he is a master of his own life. I think this was a very smart move, linking the past with the future, and I think the next thing you hear from him is going to be quite different.

Adding: "I've been listening to this on headphones walking through the streets of New York for the past two years, and I have not tired of a single song. I think the material on this album is extremely strong and beautiful, and if people are looking for classic Bowie they'll find it on this album, if they're looking for innovative Bowie, new directions, they're going to find that on this album too."

Speaking to BBC via Skype in New York, Visconti also spoke about the rumours surrounding Bowie's health, assuring fans that he is fit and healthty. "David is extremely healthy, he's rosy-cheeked, he smiles a lot," Visconti said. "During the recording he was smiling, he was so happy to be back in the studio. From the old days I recall that he was the loudest singer I've ever worked with. When he starts singing I'd have to back off, and go into another room and just leave him in front of a microphone, he still has that power in that chest and in his voice. We all know he had a health scare in 2003, 2004, but he's a very healthy man I can assure you, I've been saying this for the past few years. I couldn't explain why I know that, but I worked with a very healthy and happy David Bowie in the studio."

http://www.nme.com/news/david-bowie/68076
    I am so glad you posted this. Wish I didn't have to wait until March now!
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Speaking of books...are there any good ones about Bowie?

If you're gonna trust anyone on that, it'd be Tony Visconti. Good news, that.
    I trust Tony unfortunately

David Bowie's producer Tony Visconti has told NME that there will not be any live shows to promote the veteran pop superstar's forthcoming new album.

In an in-depth interview with the producer in next week's magazine, which will hit newsstands on Wednesday (January 19) and will also be available digitally, Visconti reveals all the inside information on Bowie's two-year long recording process for the album – including details of all the key tracks. In it, Visconti reveals that the singer is insistent there won't be any future live shows.
    http://www.nme.com/news/david-bowie/68126

I'm holding out hope for at least a few shows in the States.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Quote Originally Posted by thesg View Post
    Can you please stop talking about monklish?
    You've been a member since 2007 and have almost 18,000 posts, you should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by iwaslike View Post
    I was literally commenting on the same article, which was posted in the post before mine.

whoops.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesg View Post
    Can you please stop talking about monklish?
    You've been a member since 2007 and have almost 18,000 posts, you should know better.

Oh Mr. Bowie Don't keep us hanging....

How hard was it to keep this a secret?
    It was very easy to keep it a secret because we're very loyal to him. I've known him 45 years, and everybody knew him for more than 10 years in the band. We just love the guy. He said, "Keep it a secret, and don't tell anybody. Not even your best friend." I said, "Can I tell my girlfriend?" He says, "Yes, you can tell your girlfriend, but she can't tell anybody." So everybody had to explain why they were leaving for work in the morning, you know where they were going and who they were recording with.

The real trick was just not telling even your best friend. Bowie fans are just unpredictable – if they hear news like this, the cover would have been blown years ago. Now one person did leak it, but nobody believed him . . .

The big question: Do you think Bowie will tour?
    He says that he will only play if he feels like it, but no tour. Like, if wanted to do the odd show in New York or, I don't know, London, he would if he felt like it. And he made that very clear to the label that he wasn't going to tour or do any kind of ridiculously long album promotion. It was his idea to just drop it at midnight on his birthday and just let things avalanche.

Do you really think it's possible he'd do just one show?
    It's possible, if he feels like it. I don't know. I spoke to him two days ago and he said, "I'm really adamant I'm not gonna do a tour." And he said, "If I might, I might do one show." But who knows when.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...eview-20130115

David Bowie 'Nacht Musik'

Produced to accompany our new exhibition celebrating the musical and stylistic legacy of David Bowie, The Vinyl Factory has created a trio of stunning A1 screen prints limited to only 20 copies each worldwide. Printed on 240gsm PVC, each hand signed and numbered by the artist, these are set to become coveted collectors items! A limited edition catalogue with 7" vinyl, is also available.
    http://www.vfeditions.com/product/category/40

Press playback events for the new album on Friday, so expect knee-jerk reviews based on a single listen over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Last edited by nathanfairchild; 02-25-2013 at 08:25 PM.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

I actually like this song quite a lot. Certainly more than I was expecting to anyways.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

new song is great

Tour is imminent...

David Bowie's wife Iman has hinted that the legendary singer could tour again off the back of his new album 'The Next Day'.

His spouse, with whom he has 12-year-old daughter Alexandria, let slip that Bowie's family won't be able to join him on the road because of their daughter's schooling in New York.

Iman told Grazia magazine: We have a 12 year old in school, so we are stuck, we can't travel. Our schedule is around her, so I don't know. We'll have to go visit him, but we won't be on tour with him because she's in school.
    http://www.nme.com/news/david-bowie/69172

YES!!!!! I would pay Rolling Stone prices to see this..
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-13-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    Translation

Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

We can only hope!!!

This is a great album, listened to the whole CD and i was like Woah! he better tour behind to support it!
    [B]Darthlaker

Bon Jovi’s 12th studio LP What About Now sold 96,000 copies in its first week, edging the Thin White Duke’s The Next Day out by about 11,000. Still, this marks Bowie’s highest-charting album in the States, an honor previously owned by the artist’s 1976 rock-and-soul classic Station To Station, which peaked at #3 on the Billboard 200.

I guess JT will be #1 next week...

The Top 10 Of Billboard’s Top 200 Chart

1. Bon Jovi, What About Now *new* *1 week*
    2. David Bowie, The Next Day *new*
    3. Luke Bryan, Spring Break…Here To Party
    4. Various, Passion: Let The Future Begin *new*
    5. Bruno Mars, Unorthodox Jukebox
    6. Mindless Behavior, All Around The World *new*
    7. Eric Clapton, Old Sock *new*
    8. Various, Sound City soundtrack *new*
    9. Mumford & Sons, Babel
    10. Jimi Hendrix, People, Hell And Angels

Quote Originally Posted by darthlaker View Post
    This is a great album, listened to the whole CD and i was like Woah! he better tour behind to support it!
    He's going to do another album first.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

downloaded it illegally yesterday, but haven't given it a run through yet
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Do. It's really a fantastic album and easily his best work in 30 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Do. It's really a fantastic album and easily his best work in 30 years.
    Except for Outside, Black Tie White Noise, Earthling, Heathen, and Reality.

It's better than Hours and Tonight though.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25