Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rappers/Hip hop DJs 2013 wishlist/rumors

Default Re: Rappers/Hip hop DJs 2013 wishlist/rumors

Cannibal Ox are back together and going on tour.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    Danny Brown
    2 Chainz
    Earl Sweatshirt
    El-P
    Big Boi
    Kendrick Lamar

yes i have sources for these. no Q or Soul unfortunately.
    wow, that's great. Q and Soul would've been nice, but I'll take those other names for sure. the 2 Chainz booking is kinda strange. and ew Macklemore. hopefully this time they won't put Kendrick on the mainstage at 2:40.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    Danny Brown
    2 Chainz
    Earl Sweatshirt
    El-P
    Big Boi
    Kendrick Lamar

yes i have sources for these. no Q or Soul unfortunately.
    + Macklamore??!!??!

EDIT: How about Big KRIT?
    Last edited by gswhooper; 01-08-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Coachella Junkie

I've worked security for a bunch of artists mentioned in here (most notably Asap Rocky, 2 Chainz, Currensy, Waka Flaka, Wiz Khalifa, and a few others), and all of this stuff sucks live. It's just an overbearing amount of people on stage all trying to scream the same lyric over a barely audible backing beat that sounds the exact same each song. No thanks.

Bring The Roots back to the festival.

Immortal technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    Deltron 3030 needs to happen
    True dat yo.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Ay, you gotta get JMSN down to SD soon.
    Ab-Soul & JMSN are dropping a project together...aaaaaannnnnndddddd...there's plans for more.

i've been in touch with his manager for a few months now, something will be happening shortly.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by zuma1986 View Post
    It'd be cool to see a pioneer but some aren't what they once were. I saw Afrika Bambaataa a year ago and he was terrible. Would be cool to see somebody like DJ Red Alert, DJ Kool Herc, Egyptian Lover come. Even later ppl like DJ Jazzy Jeff, Pete Rock, Questlove or DJ Quik
    I have seen Bambaataa before, and I know what you are saying. Would prefer to see that than the crap 95% of Dj's consider djing. Would love to see both Cannibal Ox and The Roots on the bill. Would make it worthwhile coming from the other side of the world.
    As for being an urban hipster.... Please. You have no clue.

Other side of the world you say?

I'm another Australian coming over...

Quote Originally Posted by beatz79 View Post
    I have seen Bambaataa before, and I know what you are saying. Would prefer to see that than the crap 95% of Dj's consider djing. Would love to see both Cannibal Ox and The Roots on the bill. Would make it worthwhile coming from the other side of the world.
    As for being an urban hipster.... Please. You have no clue.
    The Roots would be a dream come true to see do a proper set (No daytime sets) at Coachella. Even better would be if they backed D'Angelo or somebody else. Even Questlove doing a dj set would be great. I like Cannibal OX but how are they live? I would if El-P would there too

The Roots would be a dream come true to see do a proper set (No daytime sets) at Coachella. Even better would be if they backed D'Angelo or somebody else. Even Questlove doing a dj set would be great. I like Cannibal OX but how are they live? I would if El-P would there too
    If you want El-P with Can Ox, it won't happen. El-P came out with it about a year ago, that he will never work with Vast and Vordul again.

Dj Quik would be a perfect daytime act. Danny Brown seems likely, i could see a Joey bada$$ or Action Bronson Booking. Also, the trap will be plentiful. Hoping for TNGHT, Floss, and UZ. Seen the other guys.
    2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebrock View Post
    Dj Quik would be a perfect daytime act. Danny Brown seems likely, i could see a Joey bada$$ or Action Bronson Booking. Also, the trap will be plentiful. Hoping for TNGHT, Floss, and UZ. Seen the other guys.
    DJ Quik would be a great daytime set. I'd rather Joey Bada$$ than Action Bronson since I've already seen him but both would be great. Trap will definitely be everywhere, it'll be a welcomed change from the dubstep & cheesy EDM that was everywhere last year. Variety would be cool though

DOOM

It'd be awesome to have The Roots back on the polo fields. They'd been shunning us for years!!... doing other fests but no coachella.

aesop rock
    doomtree
    deltron 3030
    murs & fashawn
    ol' dirty bastard (hologram)
    hyro da hero
    heiroglyphics
    felt
    childish gambino (again)
    people under the stairs
    DOOM (but wont happen)

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek
    05~06~07~09~11~12.2~13.1~13.2~14.1~14.2

Seems like GV favors more current xxl and pitchfork rappers over the guerrila union underground acts they used to book. though I wouldnt mind any of those.

And i forgot to about this one. 2013 needs this

2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    I'm betting Baauer as well..
    Bauuer would be awesome, TNGHT and Cyril Hahn would be fun aswell.
    @dannycradden

Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast

Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde

Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

*please*

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebrock View Post
    Seems like GV favors more current xxl and pitchfork rappers over the guerrila union underground acts they used to book. though I wouldnt mind any of those.

And i forgot to about this one. 2013 needs this

You're acting like Guerilla Union is booking the same underground artists that they used to. Hip hop (Especially the underground) has changed a lot in the last 3 years, so I don't think they've turned their back on any crowd. It's just the scene has changed and they changed with it. If you look at last year's Paid Dues and Rock The Bell, there's plenty of artists that have played Coachella the last few years and many who are rumored to play this year. I mean who do you want to play? Atmosphere? Dilated People?

Eligh & Amplive
    The RZA
    Del the funky homosapien
    Chali 2na
    Louis Logic
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

You're acting like Guerilla Union is booking the same underground artists that they used to. Hip hop (Especially the underground) has changed a lot in the last 3 years, so I don't think they've turned their back on any crowd. It's just the scene has changed and they changed with it. If you look at last year's Paid Dues and Rock The Bell, there's plenty of artists that have played Coachella the last few years and many who are rumored to play this year. I mean who do you want to play? Atmosphere? Dilated People?
    It's seems like you're agreeing with me then? I never said GV was turning their back on a crowd or that guerrilla union books the same acts every year. The fact that that guerrilla union is also starting to book a more current and evolved era of independent hip hop coincides with why GV is doing the same.

2012 didn't have de la soul, tribe called quest, Aesop rock, visionaries, living legends, or mc supernat

But it did have Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky, Childish Gambino, and Azalea Banks

If GU has started to book those acts as well more power to them. But the performances that drove RTB and Paid Dues in the early days are from the first line I listed not the second.
    2013 Wishlist

De La Soul played 2010.

Company Flow played 2012.

Aesop's probably playing this year.

They do a pretty good job spreading it around. They book what's hot that year, but that's not all.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I've worked security for a bunch of artists mentioned in here (most notably Asap Rocky, 2 Chainz, Currensy, Waka Flaka, Wiz Khalifa, and a few others), and all of this stuff sucks live. It's just an overbearing amount of people on stage all trying to scream the same lyric over a barely audible backing beat that sounds the exact same each song. No thanks.

Bring The Roots back to the festival.

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    De La Soul played 2010.

Company Flow played 2012.

Aesop's probably playing this year.

They do a pretty good job spreading it around. They book what's hot that year, but that's not all.
    Yeah I forgot about company flow I missed them last year so they didn't come to mind. I guess they do spread it around a bit better than I made it seem but I still feel like they favor the newer era of hip hop over the older. Which is how it should be tbh.

Also to the guy above who asked about atmosphere and dilated peoples. they've both played before and no I wouldn't mind them being brought back for 2013
    Last edited by eddiebrock; 01-11-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    2013 Wishlist

I'll take everyone in this song.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Lady Sovereign!
    Fack yeah! imagine!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bebe_%28entertainer%29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns1UedZ51S4

not your typical rapper/hip hop artist, but she has some pretty sick flows.
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Method Man and Redman have a show in Denver on Apr.20.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for their chances. It would be sick to see these 2 together.

That would be a fun set.

Seen them at rtb. Meth was like 30 minutes late so redman took the stage for some solo shit for the first half. It was a good time.
    2013 Wishlist