32588_2796308202175_1105976376_n.jpg

source:http://goo.gl/mK3Qx

old school

Default Re: Fuji Rock Festival 2013

Quote Originally Posted by eazykut View Post
    Don't know it was true or not.

32588_2796308202175_1105976376_n.jpg

source:http://goo.gl/mK3Qx
    "Skirillex" and "CJ Ramones" are typos only forgivable in Asia. CJR is billed way to high even if marky was playing with him.

NIN would also mean that Lolla isn't the first show back.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 02-26-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Usually these things never are. They're always chock-full of dream acts that together would bankrupt just about every festival in the world. That makes this the most plausible one I've seen yet.

I'd actually be pretty excited. NIN, RFTC and Tame Impala? Yes, please.

The first lineup announcement will include around thirty acts.

https://twitter.com/fujirock_jp/stat...96665392377857

I counted twenty acts on the "leaked" lineup posted above, so I'm assuming that one's fake.

They always are. And you know how we know? Boomtown Rats aren't on it!

Seriously, some of those bands seem entirely plausible. But it always makes you wonder when it comes out in poster format, like someone from the marketing department leaked it to a two-bit blogger just because.

Nine Inch Nails and Bjork confirmed

old school

Quote Originally Posted by gweilo View Post
    Seriously, some of those bands seem entirely plausible. But it always makes you wonder when it comes out in poster format, like someone from the marketing department leaked it to a two-bit blogger just because.
    Looks like it's something given to magazine or newspaper which sometimes need a couple weeks lead time to have it published. Also explains why it's 20 acts(noting more will be added) instead of 30.

soo my gf and I are really thinking of trying to come out to Japan for Fuji, the lineup is already looking worth it. Can any vets provide some tips to a frist timer at Fuji, let alone Japan. Where do I fly in? Camping? Hotel? Transportation? etc...thanks in advance!
    Upcoming Shows:

I apologize to whoever leaked that lineup for doubting you, and if "Skirillex" was a decoy meant to throw us off, well played. Reminds me of the time several years back when someone leaked the true lineup but then threw Bob Dylan in there presumably just to see everyone freak out.

It's hard to complain about the two headliners, and it's a nice change from the heavily UK-centric selection of recent years. Although Saturday is going to be ridiculously crowded for Bjork. And the placement of the xx on their website has me really confused...

DJ Shadow = White Stage headliner?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    soo my gf and I are really thinking of trying to come out to Japan for Fuji, the lineup is already looking worth it. Can any vets provide some tips to a frist timer at Fuji, let alone Japan. Where do I fly in? Camping? Hotel? Transportation? etc...thanks in advance!
    If you're coming from overseas, then it's probably flight to Narita Airport --> train to Tokyo station --> bullet train to Echigo Yuzawa --> (free) shuttle bus to the festival grounds. If you're staying at a hotel, you'll probably want to book a reservation early. And don't forget to invest in proper rain gear!

Aphxtwinin, apart from the regulars on here who were a great help last year when we went for the first time these guides are also useful.

http://blog.tokyogigguide.com/2009/0...ival-tips.html

http://www.fujirock.com/2011/07/be-prepared/

We always camp at Coachella but Fuji is a different beast and glad we got a room in a lodge even though it didn't rain for the first time. Camping on the side of a hill in the wet doesn't look fun! If you do want a room then get in quickly but your biggest issue will be communicating with them as not many speak English. You can try these places as Naeba tourism claims they welcome people from overseas so are more likely to speak English.

http://www.naeba.gr.jp/en/stayguide/

We stayed at Lodge Kashiwagi as they replied to our email but it was very basic and a fair hike to the festival entrance. The Kinta also replied but were more expensive.

That map at the bottom of the stay guide -- does anyone remember how to access it? I remember using it last year. You can float your mouse over the dots and figure out which lodges they are.

That map at the bottom of the stay guide -- does anyone remember how to access it? I remember using it last year. You can float your mouse over the dots and figure out which lodges they are.
    Here is the link of accessible map:

http://www.naeba.gr.jp/stayguide/

That's the one!

for those who have gone. About how much did the total trip come out to in the end?
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

Well, this is for me. It ain't cheap.

Festival ticket (three-day): US$425
    Airfare from Hong Kong (this year, Bangkok) to Tokyo Narita (round-trip): US$400
    Narita Express to Tokyo Station (round-trip): US$60
    Shinkansen (Joetsu Line) from Tokyo Station to Echigo Yuzawa (round-trip): US$140
    Accommodation at the festival (four days, Thu thru Sun): US$280
    Monday night in Tokyo at a decent place near Tokyo Station: US$120
    Total food and drinks for five nights (four at the Festival, inc. Thu night, and one in Tokyo): US$600. Perhaps a tad excessive, but it's what I plan for.

GRAND TOTAL: US$2,025

If you're coming from farther away, it would be more. Then again, if you camp and don't stay a night in Tokyo on the way back, you save about US$350. And we like our food, sake and beer -- others might not need as much to spend per day.

Id be flying in from Utah. Might have to sell my soul to go to this....although id still probably be short a few hundred
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

whiney pain in butt

I see... they get Bjork AND Nine Inch Nails and we get the Stone Roses and Red Hot Chili Peppers.. FUCKING GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Splendour is the same weekend as Fuji, 26-28 July. So, the only possibility for Splendour --> Fuji headliner crossover is their Friday act coming to Naeba for the Sun. If Fuji holds off on a major announcement for a while and then Splendour announces Dylan in mid-April, I'll shit myself. Figuratively.

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    I see... they get Bjork AND Nine Inch Nails and we get the Stone Roses and Red Hot Chili Peppers.. FUCKING GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!
    Well, we got Stone Roses (who were fantastic btw) last year, so...

Additions:
    AIMEE MANN
    THE BAWDIES
    DANIEL LANOIS
    EDDIE ROBERTS' WEST COAST SOUNDS
    FERMIN MUGURUZA KONTRAKANTXA
    GARY CLARK JR.
    JAZZANOVA
    KEMURI
    KENDRICK LAMAR
    LETTUCE
    LOTUS
    MUMFORD & SONS
    奥田民生
    RON SEXSMITH
    SPARKS
    SUZANNE VEGA
    TAHITI 80
    TOWER OF POWER
    YELLOW CARD

I'm personally liking how the lineup is shaping up so far.
    Last edited by Blue Stapler; 03-13-2013 at 06:45 PM.

There are only a couple on this list that do it for me. I'm penciling Aimee Mann Gary Clark Jr. into my plans. Will have to look into the others.

Aimee Mann is actually at the top of my list right now. I'm a huge, huge fan. And if you enjoyed Manu Chao's set in 2011, there's a good chance you'll like Fermin Muguruza too.

Tower of Power has to be a lock as a Field of Heaven or Orange Court headliner, right? And for what it's worth, Lettuce headlined FOH and Sparks headlined OC in 2008, though maybe they'll have those bands play different stages for variety's sake.

How do you remember this stuff?

I love the name of one of Sparks' albums -- "Gratuitous Sax and Senseless Violins".

The Cure and Skrillex announced. I assume Skrillex is the closer but my Japanese reading skills are limited.

The Cure and Skrillex announced. I assume Skrillex is the closer but my Japanese reading skills are limited.
    I would love to go to this. MULATU ASTATKE is playing?! So jealous...

ps The Cure headlining Sunday and Skrillex before NIN lol...
    http://www.smash-uk.com/frf13/lineup.html

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

jesus christ this lineup is EPIC......FUCK
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    jesus christ this lineup is EPIC......FUCK
    Epic enough that Mumford isn't even headlining or sub-headlining! Japanese people are smart

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Epic enough that Mumford isn't even headlining or sub-headlining! Japanese people are smart
    yea, at least they aren't at coachella either...I do feel that timing really FUCKED Coachella's top lines this year. If the festival was in the fall shit may have been overwhelmingly epic.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by Al & Mel View Post

We always camp at Coachella but Fuji is a different beast and glad we got a room in a lodge even though it didn't rain for the first time. Camping on the side of a hill in the wet doesn't look fun! If you do want a room then get in quickly but your biggest issue will be communicating with them as not many speak English. You can try these places as Naeba tourism claims they welcome people from overseas so are more likely to speak English.

http://www.naeba.gr.jp/en/stayguide/

We stayed at Lodge Kashiwagi as they replied to our email but it was very basic and a fair hike to the festival entrance. The Kinta also replied but were more expensive.
    Hey Al & Mel,
    You mentioned the difficulty in communicating with the majority of the hotels in around Naeba, how exactly did you book your hotel (Lodge Kashiwagi)?
    I had a look on the Mt. Naeba Tourism site and from there I've looked at the Lodge Kashiwagi. I filled out an availability request email and if Google Translation served me well, I think I should be expecting a reply at some point. Is this similar to what you did?
    Do you know of any easier means to booking a hotel very near the festival, preferably in English?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by oh.kamikaze View Post
    Hey Al & Mel,
    You mentioned the difficulty in communicating with the majority of the hotels in around Naeba, how exactly did you book your hotel (Lodge Kashiwagi)?
    I had a look on the Mt. Naeba Tourism site and from there I've looked at the Lodge Kashiwagi. I filled out an availability request email and if Google Translation served me well, I think I should be expecting a reply at some point. Is this similar to what you did?
    Do you know of any easier means to booking a hotel very near the festival, preferably in English?
    Thanks!
    Hey oh.kamikaze,

I contacted Lodge Kahiwagi directly via email (oak-lodge@h7.dion.ne.jp), their English isn't the best but they did reply to my emails reasonably quickly and booked us in. It is a bit old and basic and at the other end of town but all we really wanted was somewhere to crash every night, you are sleeping on the floor in traditional Japanese style but the place is clean and well maintained. Don't really know of any other way of doing it as Mt. Naeba Tourism never responed to my online requests for help so you really just have to email hotels/lodges directly and hope you get a reply. The Kinta also replied and so did someone else but can't remember their name. If you have any other questions just PM me and I'll try and help out. The addition of The Cure has really got me interested in attending again his year but Coachella isn't going to be friendly on the bank balance!

oh.kamikaze, I managed to track down the other place that responded, they were called Lodge Oka (naebaoka@ybb.ne.jp) but don't know what they are like as didn't bother chasing it up as had already booked Lodge Kashiwagi. The Kinta is also worth trying (kinta@kinta.com) as looked a bit nicer and closer to the festival but were pricier as all the basic rooms were gone.