Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shuttle vs. Driving?

Default Re: Shuttle vs. Driving?

They need to rethink how they setup the shuttle access this year, I thought it was a really long walk. You have to literally go all the way around the lot.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

What are you pussies, 50? Anyone who says the shuttle walk was inconvenient, needs to get on the treadmill. It is a walk, but it’s a lot better than waiting in lines to get on the busses or dealing with some intersection of hundreds of busses and thousands of riders. The efficiency of the operation is magical.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    What are you pussies, 50?
    53 actually, thanks for asking. But, seriously, the walk around the bus staging area at the end of the day really isn't a big deal. The way people are moaning, you'd think it was like Bataan.

After years of taking alternative methods to Coachella (Walking, biking, shuttles) I finally decided to drive there last year, and I managed to get in and out without any difficulty or a wait that was longer than 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

After 10 hours of dancing/being on your feet, that extra walk loop is just kind of an "uggghh...". I wrote to them about it last year in the most non whiny way I could, here's hoping for a solution.

I have driven every year I have attended. Besides 2010, it hasn't been bad at all. The new parking setup is great.

We go out to the car to cool off, take a mini shower, eat some food and drink some reasonably priced beers or mixed drinks every day. You can also change out of your wet clothes in the evening and freshin up for the night. I couldn't imagine making it all day without going to the car to "recharge".

Some of my friends took the shuttle last year and didn't really like it. They got there about and hour or two after us and missed some sets that they wanted to see. They got locked in somehere like cows and were freaking out one day. Might have just been an isolated incident, but it wasn't a good way to start the day.

The only thing that is nice about the shuttle is that you don't have to risk the DUI, but you could get soemone else to drive for you.
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Take the shuttle!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

I camped my first year, then drove the next 5 years. One of the years it was ridiculous getting out but other than that it's been fairly smooth. I would say on average it's taken me maaaaaybe 15 minutes to get out, which I don't find bad at all, all things considered. I'm doing shuttle this year, though, for the first time. Hopefully it's not too bad because I've liked driving for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    What are you pussies, 50? Anyone who says the shuttle walk was inconvenient, needs to get on the treadmill. It is a walk, but it’s a lot better than waiting in lines to get on the busses or dealing with some intersection of hundreds of busses and thousands of riders. The efficiency of the operation is magical.
    pretty much this. if you were to look at an aerial map of the site while coachella is in effect, you'd see there really aren't that many better options for the location of the bus lines. yes it's tiring at the end of the day but it's really not that bad.

i think the only part of the layout that still needs work is the road closures that screw over all of the people who live within a mile or two and decide to walk in. it is AT LEAST twice as long as the walk to the shuttle lines and a good chunk of it is on loose sand. last year weekend 1 i was staying at a place maybe at most a mile from the ferris wheel. the walk in took longer than the shuttle/walk from a hotel 5 miles away weekend 2.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

old school

I don't mind the walk, but the double security pat-down thing everytime you enter was infuriating and a total time waster. I think I was 45 minutes from stepping off the bus to finally entering the venue one time - and that was after jumping a couple lines.

HI! This will be my first year at Coachella. I'm confused about the shuttles. Where do they begin? I believe my hotel said they had shuttle service, so do I need to buy a shuttle pass from the website tomorrow?
    Last edited by Trishfly; 01-29-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by mjake07 View Post
    If you are staying right on one of the shuttle lines, it's pretty good. But if you're relying on a cab to the shuttle stop, it's a nightmare...cab waits are sooooo bad especially at 1am when you just want to get home and rest your sore feet. We stayed at Aqua Caliente last year and that shuttle was a lonnnnnng ride. So I'd recommend being near enough to walk to the shuttle stop, and pick one of the shorter shuttle rides.
    This is the hotel we are staying at this year. Have been debating on whether I should get a parking pass or just ride the hotel shuttle. Seems like there are an equal amount of opinions for either driving or shuttles. Frustrating not to know what to do.