Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Justin Timberlake 2013

Default Re: Justin Timberlake 2013

Interesting thing is if you read the countdown as months, days, hours, it would end the first weekend of the festival, although the hours throws things off a bit

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I can't listen to the audio at work. What is the general theme of the video? Is there anything that would make this announcement more or less likely to be related to Coachella? Normally I wouldn't assume a connection automatically between big news and Coachella, but that countdown looks suspiciously coincidental to a conceivable time the lineup might drop.
    It's basically him talking about how he has only made two albums in 10 years and couldn't imagine making more than that in that time frame. But now he is ready to get back to it.

Nothing that really matches with Coachella in the video, but the countdown is interesting and the fact that this year he is reportedly dropping an album, Coachella might be his jump off point? Just speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I think it's most likely a countdown to the release of a new single or the release date for the new album.
    That's the most logical answer, obviously, but the timing is coincidental enough to at least discuss.

The video is of him discussing how much he cares about making music but that he can't keep pumping out a record year in and year out. It ends with him saying "I'm ready"

He will be at Coachella. Mark my words.

Two things:

1. Justin Timberlake is infinitely cooler and better than Tiesto or Swedish House Mafia or David Guetta or Kings of Leon.

2. For all you hipsters that think it's uncool, Pitchfork gave his last album an 8.1 so you have cover.

So not really line-up related but I'm intrigued to see Timberlake in the next Coen brothers film Inside Llewyn Davis, which could be out next month.

It's about the early Greenwich Village folk music scene. JT plays a folk singer opposite Carey Mulligan, with the lead played by Oscar Issac. The soundtrack will feature Issac, Timberlake, Marcus Mumford (married to Carey Mulligan), and The Punch Brothers, with T Bone Burnett producing. Like it or hate it, the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack was pretty successful and helped popularize bluegrass so who knows what having JT and Marcus Mumford involved in a film about folk music will do - especially with JT singing onscreen.

IMDB shows a release date of 2/8/13 but from what I've read elsewhere there is no distributor and no release date. Maybe Cannes? Not aware of any trailers/videos featuring Timberlake but Issac and Mumford have played together.

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Wow this festival has come a long way from where it started when we're actually seriously considering the possibility of fucking garbage like that on the poster.
    You are a pretentious dickhole, and the antithesis of a reasonable argument against soulless pop music. You're making those with taste look bad. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    So not really line-up related but I'm intrigued to see Timberlake in the next Coen brothers film Inside Llewyn Davis, which could be out next month.

It's about the early Greenwich Village folk music scene. JT plays a folk singer opposite Carey Mulligan, with the lead played by Oscar Issac. The soundtrack will feature Issac, Timberlake, Marcus Mumford (married to Carey Mulligan), and The Punch Brothers, with T Bone Burnett producing. Like it or hate it, the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack was pretty successful and helped popularize bluegrass so who knows what having JT and Marcus Mumford involved in a film about folk music will do - especially with JT singing onscreen.

IMDB shows a release date of 2/8/13 but from what I've read elsewhere there is no distributor and no release date. Maybe Cannes? Not aware of any trailers/videos featuring Timberlake but Issac and Mumford have played together.
    Lets talk about our favorite JT movieZ guyz! OMG! so sexy in Indiana Jones and the kingdom of crystal skull!

would watch.
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by naruto_kenshin View Post
    Lets talk about our favorite JT movieZ guyz! OMG! so sexy in Indiana Jones and the kingdom of crystal skull!
    Oh my god you're so funny! What does it take to be as funny as you?

Do I need to start including more z's in my posts?

Couple more 40s and you're good.

i use to jam out to nsync and jt.

i don't oppose this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

if justin timberlake were to play, i'd watch the second half of his set. i like him as an artist/performer to catch his own show, but i'd like to see what he does at my beloved festival.
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ††† ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

He's def talented.

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Wow this festival has come a long way from where it started when we're actually seriously considering the possibility of fucking garbage like that on the poster.
    Its comments like this that really bring the quality of this board down. Go away with your negativity... You know as well as anyone else that Timberlake has more than paid his dues... He sings, dances, acts, plays instruments... He's a huge draw and would provide a great pop headliner name to the festival. If you could possibly provide some rational reasons as to why he doesn't belong as even a consideration, then fine, we should discuss that, but calling him fucking garbage is an awful exaggeration...

JT > The Killers, Kings of Leon, Jack Johnson, Mumford and Sons etc...
    COACHELLA '06, '10, '11, '12, '13 Outkast - The Knife - Broken Bells - Bonobo - Jagwar Ma - MGMT - Warpaint - Washed Out - Darkside - Blood Orange - Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Chance the Rapper - STRFKR

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

warning: it's pretty bad.

April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

I'm into it... the Hov verse is kinda weak. I don't think it's as nuts as anything from his last album... this is like 10pm getting a cocktail with 6 ingredients music which is dope, I'm really glad it's not a 130 bpm banger or something.

Yeah it's pretty bad and I liked his first two albums.

Did you guys listen beyond the intro? The intro is pretty terrible to the point that I think it might be a joke, but the rest of the song is pretty good. Some groovy, mellow pop music. It's not changing my life but of all the possible songs Timberlake could have released after a 6 year hiatus... this ain't bad.

I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    I'm into it... the Hov verse is kinda weak. I don't think it's as nuts as anything from his last album... this is like 10pm getting a cocktail with 6 ingredients music which is dope, I'm really glad it's not a 130 bpm banger or something.
    This cannot be said enough.

Did you guys listen beyond the intro? The intro is pretty terrible to the point that I think it might be a joke, but the rest of the song is pretty good. Some groovy, mellow pop music. It's not changing my life but of all the possible songs Timberlake could have released after a 6 year hiatus... this ain't bad.
    You're on a roll. Completely agree.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

im not giving up on him or anything. i was just expecting something different, i'm just not sure what it was i was expecting.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Surely this makes him a Coachella lock. Given how rock and classic the lineup is shaping up to, surely JT will be the pop headliner.

I'm glad he isn't following this stupid trend in pop music for everything to be a club banger. I don't think this is the best on the new album, which I think is deliberate. It's like a soft launch, getting a feel for a response. His single closer to the countdown date will be the one. It's a good track though

This "single" wouldn't even make the cut on FS/LS

This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

I really like this new song, except for the tacked on Jay-Z verse.

Prepare the peanut butter dildoes for deployment.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

why even bother with the Jay-Z verse if hes spitting C-Grade shit? The rest gets better with a few listens.