Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: International Postage

Default International Postage

Hi,

I live in the UK and I have not received my wristband as of yet. I previously emailed in and was told that we would be informed when our wristbands had been posted. I am disappointed to see that they have still not been mailed out only four weeks before the festival. Does anyone else have this issue? I can't help but think that this is really poorly planned, they must be aware that international festival goers are likely to be making a whole trip out of this (as we are) and may be flying in earlier than one or two days before the festival! They don't seem to be leaving enough time to allow for postage.

I personally am travelling over to California on April 6th and I am really concerned that we will not receive our passes before we leave. Does anyone know what happens in this situation?

Thanks!

Default Re: International Postage

Yes. You call them. They cancel them. You pick up at will call. Odd that they seem to change what they do with international orders every year, but if they do actually ship them then it makes sense to ship them first.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

You could call them have have them delivered to someone here - if you know someone. Otherwise, I think Will Call would be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Yes. You call them. They cancel them. You pick up at will call. Odd that they seem to change what they do with international orders every year, but if they do actually ship them then it makes sense to ship them first.
    Thanks. Are they ok with doing this then? I just dont want to have paid for my ticket to have an issue!! Seems ridiculous that they dont have international orders delivered with a better timeframe! Surely it just costs them more money?!

I'm interested to see how you get on with this. I'm going to weekend 2 and leaving on the 15th April so depending on when they ship them out I could be in a similar situation. The FAQ says the passes get posted in mid March which would be fine but if you can let me know what they say when you speak to them I'd really appreciate it.

I contacted them a couple of weeks ago to change to will call and their response was:

"Ticket orders will be sent in early March. If you do not have your order prior to your departure, please let us know. We can set up a will call pick up at that time."

I'm not too worried about leaving before the tickets arrive as they seem to have this eventuality under control, although why they don't send out international orders first is still a mystery. My only beef with will call is in 2011 we didn't get all the extras that those receiving their packages in the post did, but at least we still got passes!

jnthnbyl I got the same back as Al & Mel when I wrote to them....although I am also a bit annoyed that I wont be getting all of the bits that they send out in the post! I was excited about that! haha Not best pleased about having to pay $25 in postage just to have to spend hours queuing in a will call line....
    You would at least think that international orders would be sent a few weeks earlier.... the final payment is in January, they have had over a month to sort this out. To be honest, it hasn't given me the greatest of hope that the event will be best organised! I haven't been before so not sure what to expect?! I heard you can't even drink unless it is in a designated area???? We aren't camping either so wont have anywhere to go back to to get more booze! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Quote Originally Posted by IRSCOTT View Post
    Haha! This is amazing! Have you used one before? I might have to see if I can get one in the UK Thanks

yes a a number of festivals. saved me and my group lots. Although it has never been detected My plan B was to say it was a colostomy bag if felt.
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

many a warm vodka with gatorade chaser. :/ still beats waiting in line for $$$$ Booze

Quote Originally Posted by IRSCOTT View Post
    many a warm vodka with gatorade chaser. :/ still beats waiting in line for $$$$ Booze
    Yeah! I heard the drinks were really expensive?! It sounds like its very regimented as well even just to get in/out of the beer gardens...

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Tigahbex View Post
    jnthnbyl I got the same back as Al & Mel when I wrote to them....although I am also a bit annoyed that I wont be getting all of the bits that they send out in the post! I was excited about that! haha Not best pleased about having to pay $25 in postage just to have to spend hours queuing in a will call line....
    We had the same problem (we fly out to California Thursday 4th April) so I just changed to Will Call and we're now collecting the tickets before getting to the festival. Request the $25 postage back too, they'll refund it as a cheque if you ask, obviously they'll keep it if you don't!

Can I check out your international package?

Will call tip - get there early. We had a nightmare last year getting from our shuttle stop to the festival (sat on side of the road in the rain for 4 hours, didn't get a box when we got there are they ran out, barely made it to main stage by 6.30pm despite leaving our hotel at 10.30am). Getting mine shipped this time and hoping for the best - I presume in this day and age airmail is going to get them over here in time before I fly out on the 17th...

You would at least think that international orders would be sent a few weeks earlier.... the final payment is in January, they have had over a month to sort this out. To be honest, it hasn't given me the greatest of hope that the event will be best organised! I haven't been before so not sure what to expect?! I heard you can't even drink unless it is in a designated area???? We aren't camping either so wont have anywhere to go back to to get more booze! Lol!

will call does not take hours anymore. they have an amazing system in place these days.

In case you missed it PF posted in another thread that w1 passes are shipping early next and w2 the following week so this might determine if you need to change to will call. Gives me a couple of weeks to get here so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Al & Mel View Post
    In case you missed it PF posted in another thread that w1 passes are shipping early next and w2 the following week so this might determine if you need to change to will call. Gives me a couple of weeks to get here so fingers crossed.
    Yeah this exactly. There's no way the passes shouldn't arrive in 2 weeks but you never know. Fingers crossed indeed

I saw this! Thanks! I hope that they reach us in time.... two weeks should be enough time I am guessing! When do you fly in? Are you flying in just for the festival or making a trip of it?

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Can I check out your international package?
    pahahaha!

I also read somewhere they deliver by UPS? If thats right, they should be with us 5 business days after they are sent.

I also read somewhere they deliver by UPS? If thats right, they should be with us 5 business days after they are sent.
    Hmm, don't see many UPS trucks in Perth as I think they're fairly new to this market. FedEx would've made me a bit more comfortable as I've had a few things delivered from the US via them relatively quickly...

When do you fly in? Are you flying in just for the festival or making a trip of it?
    Leaving 12th April for W2, we always make a trip of it (3 weeks) as a long way just for the fest. This will be Coachella #5 for us as we enjoy it so much, if this is your first then I'm sure you'll understand once you get to the polo field!

Wow #5!! That's amazing! No I've never been before, my partner is from New York and so he has lots of friends that are going this year so we thought we'd tag along! I really can't wait for the holiday now, only 3 weeks until we fly out! We are headed to weekend 1. I'm sure no problem for you in Perth, but I just want to see the sun! haha

the coachella facebook says the packs are getting sent out next week, so we have a good 2 weeks for them to be posted

So a friend that lives in LA received his ticket yesterday! First day of shipping seems pretty speedy?! haha
    I haven't even had my confirmation email to say that my ticket has been released yet?! Has anyone else?

So a friend that lives in LA received his ticket yesterday! First day of shipping seems pretty speedy?! haha
    I haven't even had my confirmation email to say that my ticket has been released yet?! Has anyone else?
    I'm weekend 2 so I won't have been sent anything yet. According to the "passes are here" thread many people who mailed Front Gate received a tracking number very quickly afterwards. You can do that here:

http://support.frontgatetickets.com/...tal/emails/new

Let me know if this works and keep me posted as to when your passes actually arrive. I'd say mine will follow the same shipping pattern more or less.

Thanks! I've emailed them..... hopefully they will come back to me soon! Cant wait to have it all sorted!
    Last edited by Tigahbex; 03-19-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Thanks! I've emailed them..... hopefully they will come back to me soon! Cant wait to have it all sorted!
    you probably won't hear anything now for a while given the time difference. Another thing I forgot to mention was make sure to check your spam folder for the shipping confirmation email. Either way you should have some news by this evening - just make sure to keep us posted!

Yeah I think they are about 6 hours behind?? I have been checking spam folder too.... First time I saw an email from this thread I just saw "Coachella" and got all excited but it obviously wasn't what I was looking for! haha
    Will keep you posted of course! If you hear anything...let me know too!

I'm waiting for W1 tickets in the UK too. Emailed them and got a tracking number within 5 mins. My package left Austin TX on Saturday but I don't think the tracking goes in to much detail once it leave their sorting centre. I guess it will be Royal Mail delivery once it gets here. Only trouble is I leave next Weds!