Thread: MONARCHY 2013!! Back from around the sun!

Default MONARCHY 2013!! Back from around the sun!

Ah, Coachella. How you love us long time.

Did anyone see Monarchy play in 2011? It was hands down one of my most memorable shows of the whole weekend. For me it was the fact that I was early to the stage, got a great spot, and saw something really special that I'm not sure everyone else caught. It might be hogwash, but I saw the band being quite nervous. They were all huddled around each other, looking timidly towards the crowd. You could feel a sense of nervousness from them. They all put there hands on each others shoulders, had a little pow wow, and then walked on stage. It was that feeling of seeing the next big thing when they are nervous that just made the show all that better.

The first opening track proved their nervousness. The singer was playing the slowest song on the demos/EP that had released on the web and was a little out of tune right at first. It took them one slow song to get the hang of things and then... PURE MAGIC. I've been itching to see them live again in any and all fashions. DJ set, live set, coachella, or pit stop from a tour in Las Vegas. Here's to hoping we get to see them at coachella 2013 (or a similar band of fresh discovery).

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Default Re: MONARCHY 2013!! Back from around the sun!

We missed most of their set in 2011 because of the conflict with Crystal Castles. We did manage catch the tail end of their set which was phenomenal. I would love to see them back on the polo fields this year. After the dismal turnout they had and with no real hype surrounding their albums post coachella release I doubt we will see them on the lineup this year. But here is to hoping that whatever they are doing with Dita Von Tease gets them some much needed/deserved publicity!

Loved their set in 2011

I hadn't heard this yet!

or this...

Yes, they were fantastic!

They were late coming on, and I remember they were wearing white paper jumpsuits while they tried to fix their technical difficulties. Once they started up, they were in suits and half-masks, only played maybe 30min or so.

But yeah, phenomenal. Been wanting to see them again. Does anyone know if they have the little gold bodysuit dancer for all their shows?

Totally agree, all this Dita Von Teese stuff could be a nice push. Also, they did come out with a full album after Coachella which could be some possible reasoning to put them back up on the bill. That track with Britt Love is on the album I think. I highly suggest buying it, I've given it 4 complete re-listens while driving around town for the past week or so

I hope we get these guys or the Teddybears on the lineup. Damn, the Teddybears would be such a treat on the coachella grounds
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

it was a good show. kind of bummed i had to miss most of beardyman to see it, but i'm glad i did.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Awesome show, glad I got to see it!
    Quote Originally Posted by lolswaglol View Post
    I don't see people on the map. somebody please help. does this mean coachella is canceled?
    Quote Originally Posted by fear_the_tree View Post
    I'm fairly convinced you can take over the world with zip ties and duct tape.
    Coachella lifer since 2007