Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

  1. #1

    Default 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    A couple weeks ago, I received a notification from songkick.com. Stating that Phoenix, Sigur Ros and the Rolling Stones were going to play coachella 2013. There was even a full lineup poster. I check the site now, and there is no more of that information. Was that a hoax? The poster seemed legit because it had all kinds of random bands I never heard of as well as plausible current artists. It might be a hoax though because it did state that Lana del rey was supposed to play the 12th, but looking at her website, it says that she's playing a show in Europe on that day.

  2. #2
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,430

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    SMH

  3. #3
    Member high5sareawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(1), 13(2)

    It's all about the music.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,914

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Might be a hoax, you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

  5. #5
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,564

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  6. #6
    Member Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Quote Originally Posted by tuxedothief View Post
    A couple weeks ago, I received a notification from songkick.com. Stating that Phoenix, Sigur Ros and the Rolling Stones were going to play coachella 2013. There was even a full lineup poster. I check the site now, and there is no more of that information. Was that a hoax? The poster seemed legit because it had all kinds of random bands I never heard of as well as plausible current artists. It might be a hoax though because it did state that Lana del rey was supposed to play the 12th, but looking at her website, it says that she's playing a show in Europe on that day.
    songkick is a website that allows user-edited content. It wasn't the real lineup - just artists that random people added on the webpage.

  7. #7
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,186

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    SONGKICK SAID IT MUST BE TRUE

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  8. #8

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Quote Originally Posted by tuxedothief View Post
    The poster seemed legit because it had all kinds of random bands I never heard of
    this sounds about right.
    Last edited by fibes; 01-01-2013 at 01:43 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Pretty sure its legit.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,367

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    it's all true

  11. #11

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    "It might be a hoax though because it did state that Lana del rey was supposed to play the 12th, but looking at her website, it says that she's playing a show in Europe on that day" FYI

  12. #12
    Member Riggins33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Tux you're one stupid idiot.....balls

  13. #13
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    4,737

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Tux, what makes you such a tuxedo thief?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    June 27 - Fuck Buttons - the Independent
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

  14. #14

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Most of You guys are like cliche concert goers from that homerpalooza episode of the Simpsons. "Are you being sarcastic dude?" "I don't even know anymore".

  15. #15
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    4,737

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    I'm fucking serious. Do you steal nice suits or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    June 27 - Fuck Buttons - the Independent
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    186

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Its on the internet...its gotta be true...right, right?

  17. #17
    Member chaz86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Hey, shutup

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    Message from Songkick:
    We love festivals. And we love the build up of excitement around who’s going to be headlining what. This week however, things got a little bit out of hand surrounding the Coachella festival in Indio, California. On 15th December, the Coachella 2013 lineup on Songkick was incorrectly edited to feature Daft Punk, The Rolling Stones and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, amongst others. This lineup was not confirmed by Songkick, Coachella or the artists in question. It is not a leak, and did not originate from anyone related to the festival.

    When bad data like this is added to Songkick, we remove it as swiftly as possible to avoid any confusion or rumours spreading. In this case, the information was added in the early hours of Saturday morning UK time – thankfully, one of our moderators in the US caught the false listing and removed it within a few hours of it being added. However, in the short space of time that it was live on the site, some email notifications were sent out. A screenshot of one of the emails was widely spread around the blogosphere and Twitter, and then picked up by the larger news sites. Unfortunately, it was seen to be a rumour and snowballed from there.

    Since this slip-up occurred, we have had a number of issues with further false information being added to Songkick. Despite our very best efforts to moderate this content, it has now reached a point where we’ve decided to temporarily turn off all user-editing tools. This will be in place over the holiday period, and we will reassess the situation in January.

    Songkick would like to apologise for this mix-up and any problems caused by it. We’re really excited to find out who is going to be headlining Coachella next year, and will be poised to update the lineup when it is officially announced by the festival in 2013.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,804

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    lol. Thanks Daft Punk.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

  20. #20
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    4,737

    Default Re: 2013 lineup from song kick FYI

    lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    June 27 - Fuck Buttons - the Independent
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 207
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 05:46 PM
  2. ***The Official 2013 Lineup Pool***
    By captncrzy in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 11:39 AM
  3. 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread
    By tyles in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 20942
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
  4. 2013 lineup
    By Sierraallen19 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM
  5. who wants to kick it this year?
    By jigglypuflvr@mac.com in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •