Thread: Most popular 91X acts of the last 30 years that have NEVER played Coachella as poster

Default Most popular 91X acts of the last 30 years that have NEVER played Coachella as poster

NOCHELLA https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=647090582015590 (forum won't let me insert it)
    A poster view of the highest charting acts that have NEVER played Coachella from Yer Doin Great's recent 91X 30th Anniverary countdown. See the whole countdown at http://yerdoingreat.wordpress.com/20...ts-of-all-time , especially if you think some acts should be bigger or smaller. Some are longshot reunions, some still tour and some might not be quite right for Coachella (though I threw out all the Staind & Incubus type acts). Still, it's an interesting look at who's been most popular on southern California airwaves for the last three decades.
    Last edited by adamn; 01-17-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Default Re: Most popular 91X acts of the last 30 years that have NEVER played Coachella as po

So, whats your point? Jimmy Eat World, Public Image LTD, and Serj Tankian have played Coachella, do some homework.
    Last edited by superfan; 01-17-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Default Re: Most popular 91X acts of the last 30 years that have NEVER played Coachella as po

Public Image Ltd. played 2010 as well.

DAMNIT! Yeah, some other folks pointed it out. In looking for an easy way to see who'd played before (without eyeballing all the posters), I used the Wikipedia page, which looked like it had all the acts for every year but noooooo some recent years only have partial lists. I'll never trust anything I read on the internet again.

Fuggit. It's Friday night. No one should be on the internet anyways. I have an excuse (sprained ankle). I'm fixing and reposting. Thanks for the correctin.... Is there one page with every act that you know of?
    Last edited by adamn; 01-18-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamn View Post
    Fuggit. It's Friday night. No one should be on the internet anyways. I have an excuse (sprained ankle). I'm fixing and reposting. Thanks for the correctin.... Is there one page with every act that you know of?
    Theyre called the line up posters, look them up on google. And Im just barely leaving the house to go out, so I have an excuse, shows start late in this town.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Theyre called the line up posters, look them up on google. And Im just barely leaving the house to go out, so I have an excuse, shows start late in this town.
    Eyeballing 15 posters with tiny type for dozens of bands? C'mon, that Wikipedia page can't be the only place online you can use the find function. Ah well. Almost fixed....

what year lolla is that? wow!
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Jesus Jones and Jet reunions in 2015.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Alright. FIXED https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=647090582015590 As a result, six new acts have snuck onto the bottom lines of days 2 & 3. Thanks for shaming me into making it right. I needed it. PS Just googling the band name plus the word Coachella is probably the best way to search over and over to see if bands have played there before.

Dude U nailed it!
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like thisÖand totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

slightly off topic, but I remember when the Coachella wiki page had an interesting section of all bands that have played multiple times. And then some douche removed it because it wasn't pertinent information, or some crap.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Just spraying douche everywhere.

Why would Sting and The Police play on the same day?

I arranged it from bands at the top of the countdown on down and let the bands fall where they may. I mean, Sting had plans the day before AND after.

Note how much higher up the bill Sting is. That's because the countdown was taken from year end lists that started in 1983 which is why you don't see Blondie, Costello or the Pretenders on here. The Replacements, Pet Shop Boys and the Cult all would've been on here had I made it a month ago....

Quote Originally Posted by adamn View Post
    Note how much higher up the bill Sting is.
    much rather not
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

no doubt, sublime, nirvana, bush, cake, metallica,
    Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

superfan and The_Den want you to know that Cake already played.

old school

Adele never played Coachella. Though there's been some dispute on whether she was once billed on the poster at some point in 2008.

She did Bonnaroo that year and maybe a UK festival, but has only done her own shows since that time.

Adele JUST missed being on there. The next acts on the 91X countdown.....
    Tracy Chapman, Real Life, Information Society, Adele, Guns n Roses, Filter, Electronic, the Romantics, Debbie Harry, Concrete Blonde, The Pretenders, Soul Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    slightly off topic, but I remember when the Coachella wiki page had an interesting section of all bands that have played multiple times. And then some douche removed it because it wasn't pertinent information, or some crap.
    This is a pretty good resource if you want to look up past/repeat artists: http://www.travelgrom.com/travel-blo...-lineup-poster

Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    This is a pretty good resource if you want to look up past/repeat artists: http://www.travelgrom.com/travel-blo...-lineup-poster
    Nice/thanks!

i really like it when 91x plays that red hot chili peppers song

you know

that one