Thread: The Big Question

Default The Big Question

So now that the S.S. Coachella experiment has come to a close, the big question remains: will there be another S.S. Coachella cruise?

Most of the articles written about it have expressed some criticisms, but generally the reviews seem to be positive. Some tweaks will have to be made, I'm sure, but it seems like it was a fairly successful venture. The cost is of course an issue, but I believe once word gets around about how enjoyable it was, people will happily save their pennies for the next round or maybe there could be a payment system or something. I certainly thought it was worth it and I've yet to come across a single person who was there that said they wouldn't do it again. Granted, with money being tight, there would have to be an artist playing that I would like to see to go again, but if that weren't an issue I'd go just for the fun of it. And if there is an artist playing that I like, you better believe I'll be on that boat.

So, do you think Goldenvoice will continue its sailing festival or will this be the last of the S.S. Coachella? For those of you that were skeptical, after hearing the reports is it something that appeals more to you now or do you think it's still a silly idea?

Default Re: The Big Question

I really want to do it again. Since it's so expensive, I would need a solid lineup with a few I really, really like, and at least one that I don't get to see often (or ever).
    Last edited by Boourns; 12-29-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    1/11 Tamaryn @ The Echo, 1/20 Elton John @ Caesars Palace, 2/14 Sparks @ The Ace, 2/17 Emmy the Great @ DC9 (?)

We would totally go again! I'd start saving today for it. We not only enjoyed the line up but also the ship. That ship was amazing. The shows and the ship together were amazing. I'd be skeptical of having this cruise depart out of LA on a Mexican Riviera (i.e. Ensenada on a 3 or 4 night cruise). It would be on a lesser ship (given what ships are currently sailing the region) and a different clientele and a horrible port. The line up would have to be out of this world for us to go on a Mexican Riviera and we can drive to the port. We'd much prefer to fly elsewhere and save that many more pennies to have both a great show and ship experience!

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
    We would totally go again! I'd start saving today for it. We not only enjoyed the line up but also the ship. That ship was amazing. The shows and the ship together were amazing. I'd be skeptical of having this cruise depart out of LA on a Mexican Riviera (i.e. Ensenada on a 3 or 4 night cruise). It would be on a lesser ship (given what ships are currently sailing the region) and a different clientele and a horrible port. The line up would have to be out of this world for us to go on a Mexican Riviera and we can drive to the port. We'd much prefer to fly elsewhere and save that many more pennies to have both a great show and ship experience!
    OK, but getting my contraband to Ft. Lauderdale was no easy feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

old school

Didn't Tollett say something about not using the "coachella" branding?

If the cruise did not have anything to do with Coachella and it was just a cruise ship with various artists playing (the same lackluster lineup as the inagural tour), would you still go if it was the same price?

Answer: Doubt it.

Coachella is a brand, and ya'll have bought into it. Its the same reason Coachella has been kicking out the same lame lineup year after year and it still makes gobs and gobs of money.

Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    If the cruise did not have anything to do with Coachella and it was just a cruise ship with various artists playing (the same lackluster lineup as the inagural tour), would you still go if it was the same price?
    I can't speak for anyone else who went, but in my case the answer is it depends. The reason I went on this cruise at all was because I wanted to see Pulp. If Pulp (or any other band/artist I adore) were to play on a cruise for the same price with or without the Coachella name, I'd do it. Now, if it was just a music cruise and there wasn't anyone that I particularly wanted to see, it would definitely depend on my financial situation at the time. I honestly don't think I'd enjoy myself as much on a regular cruise--the entertainment on the Coachella cruise appeals to me far more than the usual cruise entertainment and since I'm no fan of children the fact that the cruise was 21+ was a godsend--so I would be more interested in going on a music themed cruise, Coachella or not, over anything else especially if it's music I can enjoy. So the brand means nothing to me, I go for the music and that's it.

I would go if they booked Daft Punk and that wouldn't probably guarantee a sell out!

Any news about a second year of SS Coachella? I'm dying to do it again this December.

If it was going to happen this December, they would have announced it by now, wouldn't they? This forum was created right after they did, last year. However the forum's still here, so maybe there's still hope for it to return...

At this time last year I had already booked my cabin, and paid the deposit and the second payment installment.

old school

Like the land version of Coachella maybe they skip the "2nd" year? 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003....

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

I thought the big question was, "What fall festival is GV planning to launch on Southern California in 2014?"

test

what's up with this?
    any news?

I would take the Coachella cruise over the Coachella desert at this point.
    Last edited by kvnty; 05-19-2014 at 04:24 PM.

TuneFreak has it all, checkout here http://tunefreak.com