Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New tent at Coachella 2013?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: New tent at Coachella 2013?

Not as big as Hyperbole.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Wear knee pads
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAreBurning View Post
    "It's roughly a discotheque with a wooden floor and air conditioning that's meant to cater to the lost of art of DJing and mixing records," he says, adding that it's in contrast to the big lights and bombastic sounds of the Sahara Tent. "There's a place for that, but part of what we're responding to as Metropolis relaunches is that there are adults and other generations who want to listen to this music presented in a thoughtful way."

If this is the case, in addition to whats been said, i would think these types of artists would be at this new tent:

Lee Scratch Perry
    Moby
    Four Tet
    DJ Harvey
    Birdy Nam Nam
    Booka Shade
    Seth Troxler
    Infected Mushroom
    Beardyman
    Cassy
    The 2 Bears
    So, you're unfamiliar with some of these artists, right?

Quote Originally Posted by high5sareawesome View Post
    Did anyone else see this? https://twitter.com/Amateurchemist/s...76144796192769

Andrew Youssef (Amateur Chemist) is a photographer. I guess he shot one (or both?) of the S.S. Coachella voyages for Stereogum. According to his tweet, Goldenvoice confirmed a new tent for Coachella this year.
    put the dubstep and commercial cheese in it and nuke it! please

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Please explain how that is similar to a DJ in any respect whatsoever. Like any fucking respect. Do you know what DJs actually do?
    from the 9:20 mark forward in this video, what exactly do you think beardyman is doing? Looks to me like he's beatboxing, making his own beats, mixing them, freestyling, twisting effects & changing tempos. Kinda like a DJ does.

if he didnt play this new tent, what tent do you think he is more likely to play?
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by with_cheese View Post
    So, you're unfamiliar with some of these artists, right?
    yes, i am. But by all means, please elaborate on which artists you think are unlikely to play this new tent & why.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

I'm gonna have to start referring to my kp3 as a "disc".
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

from the Sunday Set Times Prediction thread:

"Friday looks pretty accurate, but I think if Saturday and Sunday's new stage set times give extended sets so will Friday. I was thinking

FRIDAY

Sahara:
    Sam XL
    Thomas Gold
    Tommy Trash
    Nicky Romero
    Modestep
    Dillon Francis
    Wolfgang Gartner
    Infected Mushroom
    Bassnectar
    Dog Blood

New Stage:
    Dam-Funk
    DJ Harvey
    Jamie xx
    C2C
    Seth Troxler
    Beardyman
    Luciano

Thoughts? "

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    I'm gonna have to start referring to my kp3 as a "disc".
    well... if you had 4 kaos pads compared to 4 turntables, and you were creating all of the beats & sounds that went into them, manipulating them & adding effects, those beats and sounds would be your "Records" and your kp3 would be a "record player", would it not?

i mean you guys can get hung up on technical bullshit to say one is a dj and one is not... i get that, but what would you catagorize beardymans live performance under? DJ set? Freestyle Set? Comedy Act?

from the Sunday Set Times Prediction thread:

"Friday looks pretty accurate, but I think if Saturday and Sunday's new stage set times give extended sets so will Friday. I was thinking

FRIDAY

Sahara:
    Sam XL
    Thomas Gold
    Tommy Trash
    Nicky Romero
    Modestep
    Dillon Francis
    Wolfgang Gartner
    Infected Mushroom
    Bassnectar
    Dog Blood

New Stage:
    Dam-Funk
    DJ Harvey
    Jamie xx
    C2C
    Seth Troxler
    Beardyman
    Luciano

Thoughts? "
    Thank you for moving that here. What do you think about the New Tent looking like that? More extended set times
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

No!
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Thank you for moving that here. What do you think about the New Tent looking like that? More extended set times
    i think its awesome, just trying to figure out which artists would be "right" for this new tent. what do you think saturday & sunday would look like for the new tent?

these guys could bump Phoenix

the new campground band for 2013

yes, i am. But by all means, please elaborate on which artists you think are unlikely to play this new tent & why.
    gee maybe all the ones who aren't DJs playing records. like oh i dunno infected mushroom who fits the bright lights and bombastic sounds that was used to describe the sahara in the quote you posted.

this isn't a difficult concept to grasp. you just have to read all of the words.

gee maybe all the ones who aren't DJs playing records. like oh i dunno infected mushroom who fits the bright lights and bombastic sounds that was used to describe the sahara in the quote you posted.

this isn't a difficult concept to grasp. you just have to read all of the words.
    Look at what this forum breeds.
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - Liars - The Mountain Goats - Arcade Fire - Swans

i think its awesome, just trying to figure out which artists would be "right" for this new tent. what do you think saturday & sunday would look like for the new tent?
    Boourns has been working on this clashfinder mock and I've been proposing the Sahara and New Tent set times. Check what we came up with for Saturday and Sunday here

http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/?user=0000au.iv

*Friday hasn't been altered yet
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Look at what this forum breeds.
    its quite sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Boourns has been working on this clashfinder mock and I've been proposing the Sahara and New Tent set times. Check what we came up with for Saturday and Sunday here

http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/?user=0000au.iv

*Friday hasn't been altered yet
    that looks great, im really looking forward to this

already been mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    All Def plausible except Infected Mushroom. I expect them to bring their new crazy stage set up and with their fan base will definetly be playing the Sahara if not closing it.
    any other gems of wisdom Cheese?

yeah, you're an idiot

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Stars Are Annoying As Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

What a useless thing to get up in arms about.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Stars Are Annoying As Shit.
    the ignore button works surprisingly well for this.

Hey RSW, who is gonna be in the new tent this year? What do you think bro?

hmmmmm maybe DJs as the curator of the new tent has suggested, you dunce

christ, i just looked at your list again and noticed lee scratch perry on there

i'm afraid i may have fed the troll

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    TomAZ personally ruined no less than half a dozen prime Sahara sets last year by milling around, attempting to tell various raver bros to "go fuck themselves" in between bass drops.
    Hahahaha. Win.

Honestly so stoked to hear the news about what this new stage is dedicated to. Watching a DJ spin vinyls and beat-match is watching a true artist. Really hoping for an old school Moby vinyl set, but I won't get my hopes up too much. Cassy and some of the smaller deep-house DJs would fill that void perfectly, though.

Just wishful thinking but in my highest hopes, this could be a stage without a barrier for the punk/hardcore/metal/rap artists playing. Fun Fun Fun Fest has one stage without a barrier and I always thought that this would make seeing some of these bands so much more enjoyable at Coachella, especially Trash Talk, Danny Brown, Descendents, etc.

you forgot to read hombre