Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

  1. #1

    Default What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    I have tried to read through some of the posts on here, and frankly, there are just too many people that post shit. I wish you could come to a place like this and get some decent, well or seemingly well informed info. So bash and flame away, just hope to see a good post or two and maybe a bit of info.

    What I have concluded myself.

    That they are working on an album, but a buddy of mine with concertconfessions.com out of LA said that the riffs on the album are half done, but Maynard has all but gone MIA. SO will this end in time, and if so is that time frame too late for a April concert like this.

    Also I hear that they may be playing Ozfest in Japan a few weeks prior, if that is the case then I would assume that the chances are better for this happening as well, but just the same, wouldn't the album be out first usually?

    Thoughts, inside info, anything? either way I have my tickets for both weekends as I live here in La Quinta, but just was wondering if maybe someone knew something.

  2. #2
    Member Pea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,309

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    46.2%

  3. #3
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylanfan0027 View Post
    I have tried to read through some of the posts on here, and frankly, there are just too many people that post shit. I wish you could come to a place like this and get some decent, well or seemingly well informed info. So bash and flame away, just hope to see a good post or two and maybe a bit of info.

    What I have concluded myself.

    That they are working on an album, but a buddy of mine with concertconfessions.com out of LA said that the riffs on the album are half done, but Maynard has all but gone MIA. SO will this end in time, and if so is that time frame too late for a April concert like this.

    Also I hear that they may be playing Ozfest in Japan a few weeks prior, if that is the case then I would assume that the chances are better for this happening as well, but just the same, wouldn't the album be out first usually?

    Thoughts, inside info, anything? either way I have my tickets for both weekends as I live here in La Quinta, but just was wondering if maybe someone knew something.
    We all know stuff. We just dont want to tell you.

  4. #4
    old school xanman86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,732

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?


    Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

  5. #5
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,007

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    How many times has TOOL passed through California touring on 10,000 Days? 12 is my guess.

  6. #6
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,022

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    46.2%
    46+2=48

    So it's slightly better odds.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

  7. #7
    Member nick5745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    How many times has TOOL passed through California touring on 10,000 Days? 12 is my guess.
    just because 10,000 days was their latest album doesn't mean every "tour" since its release has been a 10,000 days tour. considering the majority of their sets from these recent tours you speak of have not been predominantly songs off that album, it doesn't really make sense to call them a 10,000 days tour, so to answer your question, probably once or twice.

    look at the set lists from their last 2 LA shows..

    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2...-23d460eb.html
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2...-53d46789.html

    4/12 is 10,000 days from the first, 3/10 from the second

    compare to an actual 10,000 days tour show in 07: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2...v-3d63d0b.html

    5/10 songs off 10,000 days
    Last edited by nick5745; 12-26-2012 at 11:31 PM.

  8. #8
    Member theStank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    western hemisphere
    Posts
    319

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    WOW I feel so much more informed by reading this shit!! NOT

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    0% trust me.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  10. #10
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?


  11. #11
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,007

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    just because 10,000 days was their latest album doesn't mean every "tour" since its release has been a 10,000 days tour.
    I can't see GV booking a repeat headliner on the same "album cycle". A couple reunion acts and smaller acts have got a pass in this regard.

    A new TOOL album is probably late summer 2013 at the soonest.

    These clowns can't even get a 10,000 Days vinyl together in 7 years.

  12. #12

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Zero chance

  13. #13

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Silly Tools

  14. #14
    Member nick5745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I can't see GV booking a repeat headliner on the same "album cycle". A couple reunion acts and smaller acts have got a pass in this regard.

    A new TOOL album is probably late summer 2013 at the soonest.

    These clowns can't even get a 10,000 Days vinyl together in 7 years.
    okay, nothing you just said has anything to do with your first post and my post...

    yeah i'd prefer for them to have a new album out before they play coachella again, but I really won't complain if they play this year because they're way better (musically and live) than most bands that could headline

  15. #15
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Maynard isn't so much MIA as making wine and doing Puscifer shows.

    I saw TOOL in St. Paul in June and in the local paper they asked Maynard about a new Tool album and he said that he'd just metaphorically had a baby (Condition of My Parole) and he wasn't ready to get back in there and write lyrics for a new Tool album. But that it was on the way...


    That being said, I'm gonna go see A Perfect Circle tonight here in Las Vegas
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,556

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    ^ so pissed I missed day one of that. Puscifer the next day was better than I thought they'd be.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  17. #17

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Thank you guys that replied with real answers. Would be great to see them again, but I am not too sure if it is going to happen. They put on such a good show.

  18. #18
    Member high5sareawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: What are the odds of Tool playing again this year?

    Not this year.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(1), 13(2)

    It's all about the music.

Similar Threads

  1. What groups are playing this year?
    By TomAz in forum Questions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 11:13 PM
  2. worst act playing this year
    By BrickTop24 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
  3. What are the odds of the following artists playing
    By jglembo in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 01:11 AM
  4. James playing this year?
    By diastereo in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 05:44 PM
  5. ==== MBV NOT PLAYING THIS YEAR ====
    By rkawar in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •