Thread: Any tips/advice for the House of Blues in Vegas?

Hybrid View

Default Any tips/advice for the House of Blues in Vegas?

Would have posted this in the Nevada sub but that board is dead, and I figure with all of the trips people take to Vegas, I'd get a better response here. I have only been to the House of Blues in San Diego, and the one at Downtown Disney, though I don't really remember much about the latter. I will be at a show in Vegas in February, and was hoping for some tips since I'll be bringing someone with me that is at a severe height disadvantage in crowds. I am hoping they have some kind of "tiered" GA floor like the HoB in San Diego so that we can park on the upper tier and try to get there early enough to be up front. Wishful thinking? I can always see if there is still time to get seats instead but I almost always do GA/FL. Thanks in advance!

e a t s l e e p w o r k c o a c h e l l a

Default Re: Any tips/advice for the House of Blues in Vegas?

This one shows the area in front of the stage. Once you go down the steps (in front of the stage), there are no more tiers: http://www.davestravelcorner.com/ima...lues-Vegas.jpg

This one is the best I could find in a quick search to show that there is a floor in front of the stage, but that there is an upraised deck that wraps around the entire venue (excluding the stage) where the bars are and where more GA standing is allowed. http://www.mandalaybay.com/images/en...ues/pano-1.jpg

So if you guys stood up on the deck area against the railing, you won't have an issue seeing. I haven't been to the HOB in SD, but I've been to the one on the sunset strip and it is similar to the Vegas one. *shrugs* hope that helps.
    4/19 Coachella
    4/27 Crystal Castles
    6/21 EDC (Vegas)
    10/6 Depeche Mode

Depends on the show. HOB Vegas has a tendency to oversell the floor for hot shows.

There have been shows like Jonsi where it was possible to walk up to the rail and grab a spot and shows like Madness where the place was so packed you just hoped to be in a space and you are pretty much stuck there. The best bet is to get there when the doors open. There are some spots are bottlenecks, anywhere along the bar at the back and the sides where the steps are. I would go to the raised side area to the stage left.

If you have the funds, i would suggest upgrading to the VIP table. Your sightline is direct or just above the stage and everyone on the floor is below you. Costs $200 for the table, but you get a $200 bar tab to go along with it. I've done this a few times with friends, they allow up to 6 (?) people per table and you get a sticker that allows you to walk in and out of the VIP area. Since floor is all GA, you can still go down to the floor as much as you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    11/20 De Lux@Constellation Room - 11/29 2 Bears@Avalon - 12/5 Flight Facilities@Regent

Thanks for the input Necie and tigermilkboy Very helpful, I had just about given up on this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    If you have the funds, i would suggest upgrading to the VIP table. Your sightline is direct or just above the stage and everyone on the floor is below you. Costs $200 for the table, but you get a $200 bar tab to go along with it. I've done this a few times with friends, they allow up to 6 (?) people per table and you get a sticker that allows you to walk in and out of the VIP area. Since floor is all GA, you can still go down to the floor as much as you like.
    That sounds like an awesome option if I was going with a group, but it's just me and one other person.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am sure the 2 of you could rack up a $200 bar tab with Vegas prices pretty easily
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I am sure the 2 of you could rack up a $200 bar tab with Vegas prices pretty easily

Oh I have no doubt, but whether or not we want to is an entirely different matter. If it was a show that I was dying to see, I would be more inclined. As it stands, we will probably just pregame at the room or a different bar and then stumble over there for the show.