Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sahara Tent say no to top 40s music

Lurker

Default Sahara Tent say no to top 40s music

Just because brittany spears and will.i.am made a song with an electronic bass line does not mean they should be on the line up...please dont do it. we have heard all the r&b/pop artists with their edm inspired tracks playing out on the radio this year...
    the artist booked in the sahara tent used to be rare acts that u cant just catch at some vegas pool party. they came ready to rock the hell out of that tent and play like they gave a fuck about the music they were showcasing. with original hard tunes that kept that tent dancing non
    stop.. wowing us, giving us their freshest and thier best.

Dont torture us with vanilla ass generic overplayed radio dance anthems on repeat again for this years Sahara tent. So unnecessary, annoying, irritating and insulting. Its like last years talent just proved how stupid everyone is. They think their fans are stupid or too fucked up to notice. getting payed to play a set that is like listening to a cd.. no mixing, originality or effort to get the crowed going and oppertunities to dance are short lived and swamped by these extremely long vocal breakdowns .. wtf that music is on the radio for a reason... driving music only... not dancing. so not what live sets are about. I mean thousands of morons stood around listening to the same like 5 songs that just played over and over again all weekend, singing along starring at the dj like hes a band ...just standing starring & singing along..

In 11 years {not attending 2011} last year was the first time i was let down ever... it was a joke, when did it it become ok with talent to have their sets predictable, lack luster, with no originality and playing the same shit as the last guy . that they think its ok to not deliver at a music festival. assuming its flooded with people there to just party, who are not there appreciating the music. so because of that assumption there ok with half assing it,,, even if the talent is all playing the SAME shit... its all good because these people dont know shit. at 350 a ticket we are the ones getting played harder then those tracks! so by having rihana or usher show up to sing half assed vocals on a pre recorded track is suppose to make it all worth it? this is coachella not some random awards show with special appearances .... i could give a fuck, i just want to dance and hear great music. That top 40s nonsense does not belong at coachella or the Sahara tent especially with all its history of amazing artists,producers, and djs that have rocked that stage in previous years, it deserves nothing but the best talent. last year was mad over kill on mainstream radio edm .. a full weekend of it was absolute torture. i couldnt even drink it sucked so bad...i knew the words to those boring anthems after day 1... i had to throw in the towel on that tent in the middle of day 2... i couldnt take anymore irritating shit. it was pissing me off.

The only thing that needs to sell out are tickets...both weekends sold out without a lineup. this year no excuses. to sell out musically, especially with electronic music, after selling out the show would be about the dumbest thing ever & completely pointless. why go mainstream, when the balls in your court, you have all the creative power to book who ever the hell you want because people are showing up regardless. if this year is another mainstream line up, it would show a great disregard for that genre of music and the amount of thought put into it. it would also show lack of respect and consideration for the loyal long time guests investing on this show.

Coachella has always been the land of legendary performances by iconic artists to fresh new musical experiences in all genres and original sets by the edm artists. buying tickets for a decade most of the time pre lineup is trusting in the events coordinators in a big way. with the exception of last year... coachella has always done me right..which is why i have faith in you.... coachella has set realistic standards & realistic expectations of nothing less than an exceptional linups & a fucking great show .... no bullshit.
    Last edited by BebeInStereo; 12-24-2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Paragraphs lol

Default Re: Sahara Tent say no to top 40s music

Paragraphs

Go to edc

Lurker

ive been s few times. it was my first massive ever,,, in 99

This topic has been discussed here numerous times over the past year or so. With that being said, your opinion is shared by many here and can't be stated enough.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Lurker

i agree, just keeping fresh before the line up comes out ... not that they would even read these posts,
    just incase they do, i figure why not. its almost been year and still get riled up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    This topic has been discussed here numerous times over the past year or so. With that being said, your opinion is shared by many here and can't be stated enough.

tl;dr

But yes, we know the Sahara has turned to shit.

Yeah, this is one subject I don't mind multiple threads about either. I'll probably start another myself.
    GV, throw the geezers a bone, willya?

Amen to this tread. in 2011 I watched Sven Vath's 2 hour sunset, set and it was one of the purest moments of my life. Followed a year later by Afrojack...so tragic.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

silly. sahara tent no talky.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by jmaze View Post
    Amen to this tread. in 2011 I watched Sven Vath's 2 hour sunset, set and it was one of the purest moments of my life. Followed a year later by Afrojack...so tragic.
    Concurred my fellow Vathian. Unfortunate they overlapped his set with Trentemoller, WTF were they thinking there?!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    i read everything you type in ron swanson's swarmy voice. it makes me want bacon, though i doubt ron swanson would ever speak that passionately about dance music.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

TRAP MYOOZICK!

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elbrycen View Post
    i read everything you type in ron swanson's swarmy voice. it makes me want bacon, though i doubt ron swanson would ever speak that passionately about dance music.
    I always read GuyInTucsons posts in a Nick Swardson voice. It makes his posts relevant.

The Sahara is dead. The Mojave, and in some case the Gobi, is where it's at. If Big Sam/Pure Filth have anything to do with running a stage again this year, count on that to be the get down area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Lurker

fuck i know right these days being in your late 20s going to these type of shows... makes u old and feel old.. when u see lil kids rolling around half naked jamming out to Crap. start a rant, im all for the cause when it comes to enjoying a weekend of amazing fucking *E*L*E*C*T*R*O*N*I*C* music... when i get chills and a dopamine rush just based on what im hearing, absolutely sober.... fuck yeah... its on...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Yeah, this is one subject I don't mind multiple threads about either. I'll probably start another myself.
    GV, throw the geezers a bone, willya?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BebeInStereo View Post
    fuck i know right these days being in your late 20s going to these type of shows... makes u old and feel old.. when u see lil kids rolling around half naked jamming out to Crap. start a rant, im all for the cause when it comes to enjoying a weekend of amazing fucking *E*L*E*C*T*R*O*N*I*C* music... when i get chills and a dopamine rush just based on what im hearing, absolutely sober.... fuck yeah... its on...
    Have you met Lotus?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Lurker

So each year you get one favorite on an entire weekend,,, your satisfied with that? not to mention the real tragedy/problem hearing a repetitive rants... was hearing the same bullshit songs all weekend... that has never happened... it was nauseating ... never have i experienced that in all my years of raves and never has happened at coachella. when did not hearing the same songs over and over become a request or become a tall order... since 2001 ive never had complaints even when they had one long ass line to get in that took what felt like hours in the beating sun...... cant speak for 2011 the only year ive missed since ive started attending... ive never heard so many of the same complaints from other guests. id stand in that line any day to get rewarded with greatness

just so you know the show has been so well rounded in the past that it would be hard to pick a favorite, and to each was their own because every performer brought it and there where never similar sets.. if it happened it wasnt noticeable & it didnt become a fricken epidemic. you also would have favorites throughout the day on different stages,including the Heineken igloo.. if that igloo rocking harder & is packed because its playing better tunes than the main stage for EDM ...which is sahara... you got serious problems with that line up,
    whos to blame with all the redundancies the artists or the who ever was responsible with booking the artists. if this is what they each have to offer than putting them all on one line up is whack... if there were only like 3 of these artists throughout the lineup no one would have noticed. it would of been nice to see the old school cats headlining on the line up would have been refreashing... david guetta the older school of the cats maybe on last years roster is known for that style of radio music... cool but he is the only person that should have played his productions.. he produces pop dance hits..thats what he does...i have respect for him . no body else had any business playing the tracks he originally produced.. i dont care if u remixed it...it takes away from the wow factor of every performance.. by the time he got to it, it was used and abused... was not special anymore... not a fan of Levels after last year but had avicii been the only one who played that track... it would have been different...i think he opened with it and i just had to walked away. went to see modeselektor i know their awesome and i guarantee no one played their music all weekend... and they got me dancing continuously.. finally some progressive beats & hard drops...yes!

a concert/ festival is a place you should never have the over playing of prerecorded tracks. sorry bro but im not going to settle for expensive crap .. coachella was always a show where you could see amazing performances, all in one weekend, in that setting, everyone performing one of a kind sets. things you could only experience at coachella. because they added acts to the mix that you cant just go see... for example to name a few off the top of my head in the sahara tent daft punk, fat boy slim, the prodigy while nine inch nails is headling on the main stage... it was set up that nin ended and prodigy was live for 30-40 min.., dj mehdi & busy p, making it worth the money. u just cant see daft punk or prodigy or slim on a linup near u. afrojack played a months later at edc,,,,if hes the only highlight then thats not going to fly... only one artist standing out all weekend, just one, that i can see a month later. i dont even want to think of that possibility being the future.

... they have done soooooo much better for 11 consecutive years.. that this year better be the year of redemption. they have set and met the bar every other year so i hope that last year was a fluke.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jmaze View Post

So each year you get one favorite on an entire weekend,,, your satisfied with that? not to mention the real tragedy/problem hearing a repetitive rants... was hearing the same bullshit songs all weekend... that has never happened... it was nauseating ... never have i experienced that in all my years of raves and never has happened at coachella. when did not hearing the same songs over and over become a request or become a tall order... since 2001 ive never had complaints even when they had one long ass line to get in that took what felt like hours in the beating sun...... cant speak for 2011 the only year ive missed since ive started attending... ive never heard so many of the same complaints from other guests. id stand in that line any day to get rewarded with greatness

just so you know the show has been so well rounded in the past that it would be hard to pick a favorite, and to each was their own because every performer brought it and there where never similar sets.. if it happened it wasnt noticeable & it didnt become a fricken epidemic. you also would have favorites throughout the day on different stages,including the Heineken igloo.. if that igloo rocking harder & is packed because its playing better tunes than the main stage for EDM ...which is sahara... you got serious problems with that line up,
    whos to blame with all the redundancies the artists or the who ever was responsible with booking the artists. if this is what they each have to offer than putting them all on one line up is whack... if there were only like 3 of these artists throughout the lineup no one would have noticed. it would of been nice to see the old school cats headlining on the line up would have been refreashing... david guetta the older school of the cats maybe on last years roster is known for that style of radio music... cool but he is the only person that should have played his productions.. he produces pop dance hits..thats what he does...i have respect for him . no body else had any business playing the tracks he originally produced.. i dont care if u remixed it...it takes away from the wow factor of every performance.. by the time he got to it, it was used and abused... was not special anymore... not a fan of Levels after last year but had avicii been the only one who played that track... it would have been different...i think he opened with it and i just had to walked away. went to see modeselektor i know their awesome and i guarantee no one played their music all weekend... and they got me dancing continuously.. finally some progressive beats & hard drops...yes!

a concert/ festival is a place you should never have the over playing of prerecorded tracks. sorry bro but im not going to settle for expensive crap .. coachella was always a show where you could see amazing performances, all in one weekend, in that setting, everyone performing one of a kind sets. things you could only experience at coachella. because they added acts to the mix that you cant just go see... for example to name a few off the top of my head in the sahara tent daft punk, fat boy slim, the prodigy while nine inch nails is headling on the main stage... it was set up that nin ended and prodigy was live for 30-40 min.., dj mehdi & busy p, making it worth the money. u just cant see daft punk or prodigy or slim on a linup near u. afrojack played a months later at edc,,,,if hes the only highlight then thats not going to fly... only one artist standing out all weekend, just one, that i can see a month later. i dont even want to think of that possibility being the future.

... they have done soooooo much better for 11 consecutive years.. that this year better be the year of redemption. they have set and met the bar every other year so i hope that last year was a fluke.

tl:dr

Bebe, have you considered making a cardboard sign and taking this to the streets?

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

http://stereogum.com/1225852/s-s-coa...words/concert/

"Making my way down to the Desert Crew lecture which featured the top brass of Goldenvoice as they discussed the inner workings of Coachella. One of the noteworthy moments was the revelation that a new tent would make its debut at the next Coachella."

This is why I am hoping this is a more "old-school" or "underground" electronic stage. Maybe something along the lines of the Dome a few years back. (which was amazing by the way)
    .:07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1:.

ANY NEW TENT = EDM

The merch tent will now feature old school house djs.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    ANY NEW TENT = EDM
    Right, which is totally cool with me. To the OPs point, I'd just like to separate the music I tend to enjoy to dance to a bit more than the more popular artists these days. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy bouncing with everyone in Sahara to some popular artists, but I am hoping for some separation with how stark the contrasts tend to be in crowd's appreciation for various styles of EDM.
    .:07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1:.

Any new development or land purchase at Coachella = DEFINITIVELY AN EDM TENT.

Quote Originally Posted by scole11 View Post
    Right, which is totally cool with me. To the OPs point, I'd just like to separate the music I tend to enjoy to dance to a bit more than the more popular artists these days. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy bouncing with everyone in Sahara to some popular artists, but I am hoping for some separation with how stark the contrasts tend to be in crowd's appreciation for various styles of EDM.
    Sorry folks, you're only allowed to do the techno chin stroke in this tent. NO FIST PUMPING!

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    tl:dr
    so far beyond that. holy shit.
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 12-31-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar