Thread: 2012: The Year in Images

Default 2012: The Year in Images

Well, since it didn't all end like it shouldve, here is this thread again. Not as much stuff as previous years, but enough I am sure. We'll see what comes up next year, though. No spamming or posting your useless bullshit in here. If you want to post your material which you think is ''good'', make a thread, dont ruin a good thing with your crap, thanks.

Radiohead

Coachella

Default Re: 2012: The Year in Images

Pitchfork

Thom Yorke & Nigel Godrich

James Murphy

Animal Collective

Snow Patrol

Dustin Kensrue

Thrice

Refused

FYF Fest

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Looking good.

*waits for xanman86 to toss some garbage in here*
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Well, since it didn't all end like it shouldve, here is this thread again. Not as much stuff as previous years, but enough I am sure. We'll see what comes up next year, though. No spamming or posting your useless bullshit in here. If you want to post your material which you think is ''good'', make a thread, dont ruin a good thing with your crap, thanks.
    Credential for this thread: Photo pass (or standing in line for couple hours to get the rail ) or GTFO!

10/3 M.A.N.D.Y. @ ?
    10/4 Liars/The Blood Brothers @ Summerstage
    10/4 KiNK/Atomô/Tin Man @ Output
    10/5 The Blood Brothers @ Warsaw

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Wow Chris, you really outdid yourself this year! This is by far the best collection of photos you've ever posted, so many consistently good shots.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

The 2nd photo of the Starcaster on the keyboard.....is that from the Chicago gig? Absolutely fuckin awesome collection there man.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Amazing as usual, Chris. I'm glad your Coachella photos were not lost.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Love this:

That Dr. Dre picture is pretty outstanding.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    That Dr. Dre picture is pretty outstanding.
    This

Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events

There are some great shots in here... and a lot of shots that are fine. And what, have all of them already been posted?

Edit, man. If this thread had half as many pictures it would be twice as interesting.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    There are some great shots in here... and a lot of shots that are fine. And what, have all of them already been posted?

Edit, man. If this thread had half as many pictures it would be twice as interesting.

Edit John? So you wanted me to post 40 photos instead of the 80 in here, which mind you came from a crop of about 60,000 photos to make this more interesting in your eyes? I could have posted all 500 I had even set aside for this thread, and then just heard you say I am spamming. Sure, most been posted somewhere, but lots of people miss them, so there is nothing wrong with showing something youve seen 6 months ago so a new person can look at them for the first time. This is a recap, not a debut exibition. If I was going to do that, I would hold it all back. But whats the use in that approach? Did you hear me complain that you had too many wedding photos to browse through when you posted em? Am I devaluing my artistic integrity by showing MORE?

Paul, yep.

Xanman, all I lost at Coachella was maybe 1,000 photos from Sunday, which was when my own camera was misplaced.

Josh, that was the 1st photo I took and ended up being my favorite from that set.

Xanman, all I lost at Coachella was maybe 1,000 photos from Sunday, which was when my own camera was misplaced.
    Damn at least it wasn't all of it but that still blows. I forget, did you go to both weekends?

Upcoming shows
    Events

Edit John? So you wanted me to post 40 photos instead of the 80 in here, which mind you came from a crop of about 60,000 photos to make this more interesting in your eyes? I could have posted all 500 I had even set aside for this thread, and then just heard you say I am spamming. Sure, most been posted somewhere, but lots of people miss them, so there is nothing wrong with showing something youve seen 6 months ago so a new person can look at them for the first time. This is a recap, not a debut exibition. If I was going to do that, I would hold it all back. But whats the use in that approach? Did you hear me complain that you had too many wedding photos to browse through when you posted em? Am I devaluing my artistic integrity by showing MORE?
    I did not mean to suggest you were spamming or anything like that. You made your own thread and didn't, say, append a pile of them to a bunch of threads they might have something to do with.

I mean, I get it, I didn't have to click in this thread and once I realized how many pictures there were I could have gone elsewhere (if it had been 500 I am sure I would have given up). But you are a good photographer and do a lot so that you're in a good position to take photos and have ended up with some amazing shots over the years so I kept going. But my eyes glazed over and most of the last half or so made no impact on me at all.

Maybe 80 is a good number for most people, who knows. Maybe someone should start a poll. I am just saying that, for me, this was too much.

Also, please. I posted a total of four wedding photos to this board and I linked to a page of thumbnails for those that wished to see more.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Comparing concert photos and wedding photos

You're priceless!

10/3 M.A.N.D.Y. @ ?
    10/4 Liars/The Blood Brothers @ Summerstage
    10/4 KiNK/Atomô/Tin Man @ Output
    10/5 The Blood Brothers @ Warsaw

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.