Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my SS Coachella Bahamas pictures and stuff

Default Re: my SS Coachella Bahamas pictures and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by zachattacks11 View Post
    Wow that sounds pretty surreal. Jarvis, James and Grimes? I was unware that it was such a down to earth environment. I'll definitely have to consider attending next year. Thanks for the sharing your experience.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Stella from warpaint treated me to a michelada
    Everyone should treat you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    Looks like I better start saving for the next Coachella cruise. I was doubtful at first, but it looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    Great pictures sir! Makes me wish I had the money and the time to go, maybe next year..
    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    Looks like fun. Count me in next year
    Hopefully we all can make it if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Hey, your pictures are always great! Keep up the good work. I wish I had the time/money for the experience you had. Super jealous you got to see Pulp play one of their last shows ever

BV posted more pics by Greg here if you're interested:
    Day 2:http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...chella_we.html
    Day 3:http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...ella_we_1.html
    Thanks. Not "always great". You know i have plenty of shitty ones that i get to see to maintain my insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I doubt that those are the last Pulp shows ever .
    i hope this is the case. They are so great live and it would be terrible if they don't get together again in the future.

Beginning Day 2 on the next post.

Woke up and we ordered breakfast. Ate it on the balcony and watched the ocean.

This is the Pointer Sisters and Boats & Crafts activity.

People were making hats and stuff.

This is Ria Lopez. She's really good at doing nails.

Beautiful weather for our trip.

This bar was closest to the pool and the Sky Lounge. Always the most active.

Shade or sun?

Alf Aplha mixing for the pool set.

Covered option for lounging.

Merch.

i have been kicking myself for not getting that Black Lips shirt.

Brunch.

Napping happens and the next thing you know the sun is going down.

more later.

Wow seems so inadequate so I'll just leave it at that ...cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Jesus...it all looks so nice. Breakfast while watching the ocean, my life is incomplete until I experience that........on a boat!

Great pictures by the way....
    “We've spent so much time judging what other people created that we've created very, very little of our own.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Wow seems so inadequate so I'll just leave it at that ...cr****
    Thanks Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by pdhow View Post
    Jesus...it all looks so nice. Breakfast while watching the ocean, my life is incomplete until I experience that........on a boat!

Great pictures by the way....
    i didn't know i was missing this boat in my life until it happened. we did the breakfast on our veranda 2 out of the 3 days. If you were proactive, you filled out a little menu and put it outside your door before 1AM. They would bring the breakfast to you at you requested time. If you didn't do that, just call room service and it was at the door 45 minutes later. And thank you.

moar.

Ah, SS Coachella sunsets.

The temperature was good and warm throughout the whole trip (day and night). The day we were in the Bahamas though, it was supposedly 110. Not inside the boat though.

Dance or nap to the dis. All's good.

DJ Harvey

More to come this night.

Lurker

Wow! These photos are stunning and take me right back to my fondest memories of the cruise. I thought my iphone photos would suffice, but your photos really capture the spirit and mood of the trip. You must have been standing right by me at Pulp because the photos look like they were all taken from the same location I was. I even found myself in your photo of the crowd waiting for the show to start... I think you were in the same row as me. Funny. Thanks for sharing these.

Coachella should be comping you a room next year, Ivan.... this is the most effective advertising ever.

its really amazing how well the Coachella culture translates to a cruise, or at least the way you presented it. Sun or Shade, Afternoon DJs, Merch, Naps, Sunsets, and we all know what comes next! I think I will go next year.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlybworm View Post
    Wow! These photos are stunning and take me right back to my fondest memories of the cruise. I thought my iphone photos would suffice, but your photos really capture the spirit and mood of the trip. You must have been standing right by me at Pulp because the photos look like they were all taken from the same location I was. I even found myself in your photo of the crowd waiting for the show to start... I think you were in the same row as me. Funny. Thanks for sharing these.
    Thank you. The best compliments i get include "spirit and mood". Getting the vibe is one of my main goals. Pulp was awesome. we had great seats.

Quote Originally Posted by PulpAffliction View Post
    Coachella should be comping you a room next year, Ivan.... this is the most effective advertising ever.
    i will definitely accept the invitation if offered. One of the best trips i ever took.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    its really amazing how well the Coachella culture translates to a cruise, or at least the way you presented it. Sun or Shade, Afternoon DJs, Merch, Naps, Sunsets, and we all know what comes next! I think I will go next year.
    It felt like a Coachella on a boat. Just not as many acts or stages, but the super comfy poshness made up for that. my negative experiences on the boat equaled nada.

more pics (sorry about the lag, been busy):

Familiar sight to all on the boat.

There were upper tier restaurants on the boat that cost extra. This is Qsine. we ate there and it was $40 each. The food was all over the place as far as types go and it was delicious. we ordered too much and our waiter asked us if we wanted our last course (tacos) and we had to decline due to being stuffed.

Tuscan Grille was $30 a person. we were considering it, but time was not on our side.

The ocean views were always awesome to me.

These came from a cool bar called Molecular Bar. They were under the $12 price so were part of the drink package. i took my drink into the Desert Sessions and this guy looks at me and says "Black Mamba, yeah!" It was tasty.

The Desert Sessions where you could hear stories and ask questions about Coachella with the people that make it happen.

And you even got to ask questions after (getting asked questions: GV founder Gary Tovar and Paul T)

Black Lips

Back by the bar in the back. Good room and sounded excellent.

Wow. Thanks ivankay. I've loved your photo's each year after the Festival but these past couple set of pictures in this thread actually makes me want to go to this if they offer it next year. Look like a blast It might offer some relaxation before this line-up wait. Haha. Kudos man. Can't wait to see your pics from 2013.

Wow, this looks f'ing amazing. Completely. The ship looks absolutely ridiculous. So how much did this cost altogether? Sorry if mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Den View Post
    Wow. Thanks ivankay. I've loved your photo's each year after the Festival but these past couple set of pictures in this thread actually makes me want to go to this if they offer it next year. Look like a blast It might offer some relaxation before this line-up wait. Haha. Kudos man. Can't wait to see your pics from 2013.
    Thanks and hope (again) we all can make the next cruise (if...please happen).

Quote Originally Posted by thizzin my brains out View Post
    Wow, this looks f'ing amazing. Completely. The ship looks absolutely ridiculous. So how much did this cost altogether? Sorry if mentioned before.
    Thanks. It was my first cruise and i was happily surprised by the modern poshness of the ship. Cost vary on the rooms and what you want to do. we did it for under $4,000.

Moar:

Tokimonsta

James Murphy DJ set

2nd meeting with Jarvis. This time girl gets picture.

Off shot, but i like the vibe.

Lazers!

Big art outside the Observatory Lounge.

Didn't use this lap pool, but wish i did.

More later.

I love reliving the cruise every time you post a few more pics. This cruise is an event that will be one of my fondest memories forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
    I love reliving the cruise every time you post a few more pics. This cruise is an event that will be one of my fondest memories forever.
    Sweet and i'm with you on the fondest memories. Let's relive some more:

The Gaslamp Killer

What's happening in the Theater for the last night..

Maybe you wanted a different kind of dance party

Walking by Z-Trip on the way to El-P

The spot lights lit up the sky above the ocean. Just like the Polo Fields.

Moar later.

Awesome pics again. Heard Simian Mobile aristo on my iPod yesterday and just made me relive that show agin.

El P and Killer Mike

Z-Trip

And then it was time to get some late night room service and go to sleep.

Lurker

A couple days ago I looked back through old emails and saw that tickets for SS Coachella went on sale this time of the year which is making me think it isn't happening again. Or if it is, it won't be in December. What do you think? Was it a one time thing? I would do it again in a heartbeat. Here's hoping...

i wish i knew. Also wish for another cruise because this was one of the best things ever. There's all sorts of talk and theories from those of us that went, but nothing from GV and that make me sad too. i get a little bit of sunshine from an encounter i had with Bill Fold at Coachella. i was super stoked about the ass kicking Franz Ferdinand did and mentioned how awesome it would be to have them on a future cruise. He thought they would be great too. That of course is no confirmation, but at least he didn't say "Too bad there won't be another cruise." Fingers always crossed on this.

So the next day the ship parked in the Bahamas. we slept in since we didn't have an agenda. When we were good and ready, left for a walk around Nassau:

Only walked around for a few hours because we had to get back for the wine tasting with James Murphy and Justin Cheamo.

Back on the boat:

Tokimonsta

Wine tasting time. The Real Wine event was limited and the ticket was an extra cost. Had lots of tasty hors d'oeuvres, wine and James Murphy. It was fun.

Mr. Murphy and his wine buddy, Justin Cheamo

Jason Bentley

Har Mar was interested too.

After the fine tasting, buzzed grubbing.

Might wrap this up in the next couple of posts.

Great pics. I still wouldn't want to be on a boat, but for those who do this looks amazing.

Damn, wish I had done brunch.

Would rather do this again than any other fest, easily.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Gunz, i have heard from more than a few who i know would LOVE this if it weren't on a boat. This was my first cruise and i thought it was pretty smooth. i heard the Jamaica portion had a little rough going because of a faster trip back, but i would hope it wasn't anything that would lead to misery.

Frank, we need to go back!! So much missed while so much done. Isn't that the Coachella way?

And the rest....

After food, we went back to our beloved room to pack and rest our bellies. we packed at this time because concierge put up notice our bags could be collected around 11 so we wouldn't have to lug them down the next morning. A lot of people missed this and were lugging the next morning. After nap, take a short walk and elevator ride to see...

Hot Chip

The Hideaway was one of the places to get away from people. Nice, but i never used it. If the cruise was longer, maybe.

Grimes

First time seeing her and loved it. Checked her out both weekends at Coachella because of this.

The Rapture DJ set

i have to admit to my skepticism about ending the party with Girl Talk, but it was really fun and a perfect ending. Just one big, drunk party. Good times.

Thanks King of the Boat. If there is another cruise, it will be a tall task to do a better job being the host.

i miss the boat so.

I skipped girl talk in favor of karaoke with father john misty, har mar superstar, black lips. Third favorite karaoke session ever. Looks like it was, fun, though. Did this happen at the end of the Bahamas set, too?

The cruise was beautiful and needs to happen again. I don't see them ever topping the last pulp shows as a headliner, but the possibilities for a brilliant lineup are seemingly endless.

Tempting to do the weezer cruise but I wish it had a better lineup and nicer ship.

Beautiful photos, as always.

Wait...WHERE ARE THE WARPAINT SHOTS?
    Last edited by Boourns; 08-02-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

That didn't happen during the Bahamas leg. Hilarious. i would have loved to have done both trips, but life's obligations get in the way.

And sadly, but with no regrets missed Warpaint. i was with my girl and we did a lot of the eating meals together and enjoying the many relaxing aspects of our room. we really looked forward to just getting away from werk for a few days and chilling with each other was a primary goal. Missed a few sets as a result. But like i suggested, all was great and we loved the cruise with all of our hearts.

Missed warpaint?

i know, but all was good. When i catch them i will be thinking of you.

It was awesome to see you and meet your lady on Wednesday, Mike.

Always good to see you and your family. The Flaming Lips always put on a great show and i am glad i got to secure my masculinity by winning a stuffed Gizmo.

How did you win Gizmo? How was your manhood tested?

i won Gizmo on the water gun races. If you go to the fair and don't win your girl a prize: manhood in question