Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beck to play on site camping

Hybrid View

Wink Beck to play on site camping

Rumor has it Beck will be playing a small acoustic set only in the on site camping area Thursday night. I heard it is supposed to start about 8 pm. It will be located close to the beer tent/breakfast area.

Default Re: Beck to play on site camping

haha ya right.

Quote Originally Posted by cansei de ser sexme View Post
    haha ya right.
    hey i have that shirt
    as predicted by nostradamus

pfffffff

All humorous untruthy falacies aside from falsifications, he's not kiddingly telling the truthalicious accuracy.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

yeah and EoDM were supposed to do the same thing in 2005...

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    yeah and EoDM were supposed to do the same thing in 2005...
    And Bowie was rumorored to do the same damn thing in 20055 AND 2006
    3 steps from the bar... 2 steps from the floor... one step from the grave... and I'm havin' one more!

i thought it was perry ferral.. damn
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

lol...you know it's bad when someone from GV is making fun of your rumor...lol
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Welcome to 2005.

Well, was it really a rumor if a "surprise performance" was listed on the official camping site until a week before?

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Welcome to 2005.

Well, was it really a rumor if a "surprise performance" was listed on the official camping site until a week before?
    Wait... Im confused. Have artists actually played on the camping site in the past?

a couple years ago there was gonna be one but it didn't work out so it never happened. So therefore it's a rumor that is talked about every year.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

beck is a skinny drug addict loser, how do I know? I've seen the idiot in person, I happened to catch him alone in a room, with a door man and 2 body guards, I asked for his autograph or at least I said his name and was going to ask for it I even had his cd in my pocket, what are the chances well anyway it was after his show, I missed the actual performance due to major traffic and was stuck waiting in this room waiting for my ride, so I say his name grab the cd outa my pocket with a pen and he speed walks past me so fast before I could look up from getting the cd out of my pocket the door was already open and he was gone and the walk was a good 20 feet, for anyone unfamilliar with how John Lennon died I'll refresh your memory, it was a lunatic fan that planned on killing Lennon, waited outside his apartment building, holding a yoko and lennon album in his hand, when John saw this he immediately walked up to the man and asked something to the effect of "would you like me to sign that for you?", as John signed the album his murderer shot him in the stomach. Anyway beck is the exact opposite of this he's the anti-Lennon . I was waiting for my ride, wasn't stalking him had no idea he'd be in the area I only had his cd on me in the slight chance I would see him walk to his car and that chance happened, but he sure showed his true colors what he really thinks about his fans, if it were someone outside his apartment or a bunch of people I'd understand but he had 3 security men and had no good excuse. Never have played or purchased or allowed myself to listen to another shred of beck crap ever since, and I'm glad for it his music is beyond nauseating I heard his single nausea in a store the other month and I lost my appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by Razimus View Post
    beck is a skinny drug addict loser, how do I know? I've seen the idiot in person, I happened to catch him alone in a room, with a door man and 2 body guards, I asked for his autograph or at least I said his name and was going to ask for it I even had his cd in my pocket, what are the chances well anyway it was after his show, I missed the actual performance due to major traffic and was stuck waiting in this room waiting for my ride, so I say his name grab the cd outa my pocket with a pen and he speed walks past me so fast before I could look up from getting the cd out of my pocket the door was already open and he was gone and the walk was a good 20 feet, for anyone unfamilliar with how John Lennon died I'll refresh your memory, it was a lunatic fan that planned on killing Lennon, waited outside his apartment building, holding a yoko and lennon album in his hand, when John saw this he immediately walked up to the man and asked something to the effect of "would you like me to sign that for you?", as John signed the album his murderer shot him in the stomach. Anyway beck is the exact opposite of this he's the anti-Lennon . I was waiting for my ride, wasn't stalking him had no idea he'd be in the area I only had his cd on me in the slight chance I would see him walk to his car and that chance happened, but he sure showed his true colors what he really thinks about his fans, if it were someone outside his apartment or a bunch of people I'd understand but he had 3 security men and had no good excuse. Never have played or purchased or allowed myself to listen to another shred of beck crap ever since, and I'm glad for it his music is beyond nauseating I heard his single nausea in a store the other month and I lost my appetite.
    Beck came and did a free show in El Paso last year. I met him and the rest of the crew. Not one body guard was present. In fact, I even sat down with the band and talked to them while they were texting away on their cool black jackish phones. Beck arrived a little later, walking from the parking lot in a distance. I got to talk to him a little after the show.

I dunno, free shows, taking song requests, and hanging around to talk to fans afterwards... Beck is a really great guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

nuh uh I heard it was gonna be Jon Brion

To be honest I'd rather it be Jon Brion

You sound like a crybaby to me. Actually you sound like kind of psychotic crybaby to me. So you didn't get your autograph...he could have been late getting somewhere or not have felt comfortable around you...and for that you're gonna say the guy is a dick? Screw you. Where was this room you were in? Was it backstage? How did you get there? Were you SUPPOSED to be there? Why bring up the stuff about Lennon being murdered? You sound like a nut job to me. Beck isn't the type to be a jerk...like Alchemy said...he's already proven himself to be a good person. If he were a jerk he wouldn't pick some random person out of the crowd to come up on stage with him during his set. He wouldn't do free shows. He wouldnt hang out with fans. Sounds like you probably gave him a bad vibe. Were you talking about Lennon's murder as you approached him?

I can sign your CD for if it would help.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Maybe he was late for a Scientology meet up ?

and then you turn to your mom and she says: "No you're not thinking, you're on drugs! Normal people don't act that way!" and then you say: "Mom just give me a Pepsi please! All I want is a Pepsi!!" and she wouldn't give it to you.
    "All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me.
    Just a Pepsi!!!!"

The End.
    *takes a bow*

fags
    Last edited by Razimus; 04-09-2007 at 01:34 AM.

fags
    Wow...such a step up from what you ORIGINALLY wrote...

har har... yeah I was pissed I missed the show from the beginning, I
    drove from portland to seattle, well my ride did the traffic was horrible
    and the regularly 3 hour drive turned into around 6 hours and I was
    waitin for my ride in the lobby of the new music museum, beck musta
    finished touring it, you can claim he's nice but I can only say from my own
    experience, he's a grade a asshole, I was a kid at the time but he was
    shorter than me heheh skinny drug addict, I only call him that because
    his arms were skinnier than red vines, I suppose my opinion could change
    if he acted differently in a similar situation but that's not going to
    happen, if I had a backstage pass I'm sure I'd be treated differently,
    I only mention the lennon story because it's a prefect parallel, I even
    wrote the story in my english II class and got an A, so at least I got
    something out of it, but the only show I enjoyed while there was No
    Doubt.
    Wow...glad my e-mail notification saved that...

"hey beck I'm not gonna murder you like that guy murdered John Lennon can I have yr 'graff?"

Hahaha...no kidding...

I'd watch out...he might "John Lennon" you...

old school

Luscious Jackson did the same thing to a former girlfriend of mine. She was the only one waiting for them out back of the venue to get her cd signed. Everyone of those bitches pretty much ran right past her as she held pen & cd outright for them to sign. When yr a rock star you get to snub people I guess thats just how it is. Needless to say they're no longer a band.
    Beck isn't a drug addict either now that he is a Scientologist. Maybe he got weird vibes from you like you were gonna ask for his phone number or something.
    Everybody is right though about yr John Lennon analogy it is completely out of place in yr story unless you were planning on shooting Beck.
    "All we are saying is give peace a chance"

vinylmartyr

I have seen Beck be a dick and I have seen him be nice. It really probably depends on peoples moods. The thing you should do is not take it personal. Beck does not even know you. You have no idea how his day is going.

Beck is a real nice guy, actually. I mean, if you guys lived here in El Paso, then you would know how nice it is for a band to decide to put El Paso on their tour. But Beck did not even have El Paso on his tour. He came to El Paso, on the side of his tour, and played in a little venue by campus for free. I got real close, and there was about 100 people there (who eventually came by people calling them and texting). All of them came out before and after to talk to all of us (except Beck who only came out after because he was not there before they played). They asked us what CD we like the most, and they played a lot of songs from those. They were also dressed up like luchadors.

Also, Beck's back was all messed up. So we were not allowed to touch him, but he still hung around to talk to us. The rest of the band were really great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

vinylmartyr

Also, Beck's back was all messed up. So we were not allowed to touch him, but he still hung around to talk to us. The rest of the band were really great too.
    This sounds kinda creepy. Did you wanna touch him?

Haha...

Bet they woulda let THIS guy touch him...

the touching is a little weird, unless you were talking about like handshakes and stuff. I don't care how famous a person is, why would you just touch a person?