Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Christmas/Holiday Complaint Thread

Default Re: The Christmas/Holiday Complaint Thread

For your holiday complaining enjoyment...

You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Are you drinking again?
    Again? When have I stopped? And more importantly, what does my drinking have to do with you're runnin' amuck, hatin' on inflatables, you ditzy bitch?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

It's the complaining thread, bitch.

working retail during the holidays, and then still trying to find time to shop for my friends and family. This basically means I have been at the mall almost everyday since mid november. the mall sucks.

also people who hold up the line of traffic to stalk/wait for some family to load their 10 kids/100 bags into their car so they can steal their spot usually on a ramp in between floors of a parking structure when they could just as easily drive to the top of the structure (the one at my mall is only 4 levels and there is an elevator from the top, and always spaces up there). parking at the mall sucks.

and at my office job I have the coldest office, in front by the window. even with the heat on it stays freezing in here. I am typing this right now with a sweater, my coat, a scarf, bum gloves, and a blanket wrapped around me. being cold sucks.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

I was trapped on a street between a mall and a strip mall today. Wanted to jump out of my car and lay down in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

In the middle of being at moms house for 6 days.... The worst part is a can't smoke anything or else she will flip her fucking wig... cigs or other things. So annoyed and on edge. I feel like I am in high school again waiting for my mom to pass out so I can smoke a cig (something I haven't done in 3 days) ahhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

My mother and stepfather are in the middle of the divorce process, but he won't be moved out of her house by Christmas. It's going to be a weird holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    My mother and stepfather are in the middle of the divorce process, but he won't be moved out of her house by Christmas. It's going to be a weird holiday.
    That sounds like it would be brutally awkward and awful. Are you close with him at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Hannah, I am sorry to hear that. I am sure that will be pretty brutal. :-/
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I drove up to the Bay Area yesterday; I'll be at my parents' house for 10 days, although I don't think this'll last much longer.

My mother is literally insane. She just keeps snapping at me, my sister — anyone who is around. She explodes into full-on screaming rages. My sister spent a good part of the evening trying to get her to go to therapy and/or anger management, but my mom responded with the typical insane person response: "I'm fine. It's you who is the crazy one, and it makes me angry. Blah blah blah." I almost want to return all the gifts my sister and I pooled cash together to buy her — a new fucking expensive digital camera and an iPhone because the bitch DOESN'T DESERVE IT.

My sister has two cats. I had to bring my cat home with me. None of the cats are getting along, and my cat (because she's so emotionally sensitive) is really, really depressed and scared. She spent all day under the bed in the room I'm staying in. (My sister's old room, which is seriously 7 ft by 7 ft.) She moved into my old room about 6 months ago — which is fine, because I haven't lived at home really since I left for college, save a summer at home and Christmas time. But the room is so tiny and a hodge podge of her stuff and my stuff. There's nowhere for me to put anything, so I'm living out of a suitcase. It sucks.

We have to go to my brother's on Christmas Eve. Usually, I would be OK with this, because we usually do our 25+ year family tradition of making Cuban food on Christmas Eve. (My dad is from Cuba.) However, my brother's newish wife is a total control freak bitch and has to ever everything her way or nothing else. She's Portugese, and this year, she vetoed the Cuban food. Christmas Eve has now transformed into her, her loud drunkard relatives and HER food that SHE likes; none of our traditions are welcomed this year, she's finally succeeded at phasing them all out. Instead of the full roasted pig we usually do, she demanded we make store bought ham. She also doesn't really know how to cook anything but 1950s-esque housewife food — you know, the kind of food that all looks like casserole vomit. So, every other dish on the menu this year is of that "culinary variety": Green bean casserole, boxed potato au gratin, chunky fruit gelatin. My mom is allowed to bring only salad. I'm secretly making a sweet potato + swiss chard gratin from scratch to save myself the grief.

Not to mention, her mother and father are in town from Portugal for SEVEN WEEKS. They don't speak much English, but that's not the problem. My sister-in-law's mother is very rude to my family, especially to my mother. She ignores anything and everything my mother says, doesn't say two words to my sister or I, and last year even had the gall to tell my sister she wasn't allowed to hold my 2 year-old niece because she hasn't been a mother yet. Um, OK.

To top this drama all off, my sister-in-law has been holding a silent grudge against me and my sister for a few months now. She doesn't like that we still are friendly and on good terms with my brother's ex wife — who is the mother of my 10 year-old niece. I've known my brother's ex since I was six years old and she has always been like family to me. While my brother's new wife has never made any attempt to get to know me or my sister, include us in anything, or try to do something fun with us, my brother's ex was like an older sister to me growing up. Before she had my niece (which was about 8 years into the marriage), my brother's ex would plan fun sleepovers for my sister and I, take us to dinner or the mall, and when we got older, give us dating advice. She's an incredibly nice person, and we're pretty fond of her new husband. Plus, the fact that she lives 10 minutes from my parents — while me brother and his wife live an hour away — makes it easier for my family to coordinate seeing my niece on odd days through her.

Because of this, my sister-in-law informed my mother that my sister and I would not be receiving holiday gifts from her or my brother this year; she said that, when we have children, then those children can receive gifts. My sister is 20 and I am 24; kids won't be in the picture for another 6-10 years. Not to mention — my mom and dad always get my brother and his wife extremely expensive and thoughtful gifts every year, and my mom even buys hundreds of dollars in toys for my sister-in-law's brother's kids. NOT EVEN FAMILY. It sounds petty to lay it out like this, but she's being totally controlling and immature and I can't get over it.

Can you tell I'm not looking forward to Christmas?

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    In the middle of being at moms house for 6 days.... The worst part is a can't smoke anything or else she will flip her fucking wig... cigs or other things. So annoyed and on edge. I feel like I am in high school again waiting for my mom to pass out so I can smoke a cig (something I haven't done in 3 days) ahhhh
    Try being an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Is it some giant ordeal to maybe walk down the block to smoke? And your "on edge" feeling is called withdrawl, get used to it if you end up pregnant one day. And if youre so obsessed with having something in your mouth, get a pack of gum.
    Last edited by suprefan; 12-22-2012 at 11:54 PM.

I wnat iwan tyyoi one tyhei k noe thing th tI wmagt to bfi vl IUibe anf wanty tme jabme bymaty
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    And if youre so obsessed with having something in your mouth, get a pack of gum.
    That was weak..
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post

Because of this, my sister-in-law informed my mother that my sister and I would not be receiving holiday gifts from her or my brother this year; she said that, when we have children, then those children can receive gifts. My sister is 20 and I am 24; kids won't be in the picture for another 6-10 years. Not to mention my mom and dad always get my brother and his wife extremely expensive and thoughtful gifts every year, and my mom even buys hundreds of dollars in toys for my sister-in-law's brother's kids. NOT EVEN FAMILY. It sounds petty to lay it out like this, but she's being totally controlling and immature and I can't get over it.

Can you tell I'm not looking forward to Christmas?
    Sounds like my sisters girlfriend. I've never met a more miserable cunt and I refuse to give in to her pity party, bring everyone down on christmas bs. She is also physically and verbally abusive to my sisters kids - so I will have nothing to do with her.
    I'm going out with friends on christmas eve and snowboarding the next day.
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

My family wants me to have lunch AND dinner with them on Christmas? Absolutely not.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I got uninvited from my best friend's family Xmas gathering by his crazy hoarder sister because she "doesn't like the way I socialize". I'm not sure what that means other than the fact that I get quiet in groups sometimes. I can't exactly complain about this, because the same sister freaked out on the family at Thanksgiving when someone talked while she was trying to watch a Nora Jones TV special, then she faked a heart attack in front of everyone. She always causes drama for no reason and I couldn't be happier I've been exiled.

My family does Xmas early since my mom is a flight attendant, and it's usually really chill except for this year. My mom has this little tiny dog and my step brother shows up with his huge Golden-mix dog, which almost killed the little one right in front of us while we were unwrapping presents. Kind of killed the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by joppy-slow View Post
    I refuse to give in to her pity party, bring everyone down on christmas bs.
    This is so my SIL. Pity party is right.

My mom and me just plan to stay home.We usually just smoke and drink all day.What is wrong your families?
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

They don't drink and smoke.

Yeah, I've never had a traumatic holiday experience and it's never been uncomfortable or unbearable or even unpleasant. The worst it gets is dull/uneventful. You all have terrible families. Replace them.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Good idea. I might just do that. Even though I'm too poor to have bought presents for any of my friends. Although what I really want to do is go to this free all night party in Detroit on Christmas night. Again, too poor.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    That was weak..
    it was supre
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

My grandma and Aunt meticulously open each gift while cooing so that none of the wrapping paper gets damaged.

I tried going shopping at Fox Hills Mall in Culver City yesterday, but there was absolute gridlock in the parking lot, no parking spaces, and everyone was honking. The traffic officers might as well have been bell ringers. So I left without shopping, and went across the street to Holy Cross Cemetery to get a little peace, and to visit my grandparents and my ex-bf's father. Dead relatives are so much easier to deal with. But I do admit, we had some great Christmas visits at Grandma's place in Torrance.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Yeah, I've never had a traumatic holiday experience and it's never been uncomfortable or unbearable or even unpleasant. The worst it gets is dull/uneventful. You all have terrible families. Replace them.
    All it takes is that one in-law. Believe me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    All it takes is that one in-law. Believe me.
    My ex husband's mother used to buy me clothes at Christmas, all of which were things I would never have worn, and they were always two sizes too big. I couldn't stand her.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I can't just "walk down the block" My mom would ask 20 something questions and throw a fit. Like I said, she is a little high strung and somewhat nuts. I would just go smoke like a big girl, excerpt that I don't want to listen to her non-stop bitching about it for the next 4 days. I thought this was a place to complain about the holidays and what they entail. My mistake.

Bitch away. Bitch away.

And it's bullshit that they gave you a hard time about smoking. Fuck them.