Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coachella Cruise News - Missing Out or Not Coachella, Not Even Close

Default Coachella Cruise News - Missing Out or Not Coachella, Not Even Close

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts...lp_day_one.php

I think this quote sums up the (Real) Coachella Festival experience many have mentioned over the years and a reason why I wish I had the money to go to Coachella Cruise.... "This ship can feel overwhelming -- one can never quite shake the sense that whatever you're doing, you're missing out on something more fun down the hall."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,4138620.story

SmellyBath

Default Re: Coachella Cruise News - Missing Out or Not Coachella, Not Even Close

Default Re: Coachella Cruise News - Missing Out or Not Coachella, Not Even Close

The Goldenvoice forum sounded interesting!

http://www.spin.com/articles/ss-coac...e-james-murphy

This article is really good and it gives us some (Real) Coachella Festival band confirmations and rumor dismissers.

http://www.spin.com/articles/ss-coac...hampion-shrimp

Oh and here's Day 1 of the Spin Coachella Cruise diary

old school

Quote Originally Posted by pdhow View Post
    The Goldenvoice forum sounded interesting!
    Its hard to think of a question on the spot.

Id ask about indio set times and getting them a bit earlier.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Its hard to think of a question on the spot.

Id ask about indio set times and getting them a bit earlier.
    What an insanely stupid question.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I thought the forum sounded like a snorfest unless you get off on hearing Paul T and others say they want The Smiths and David Bowie too. I mean, what information was actually learned from that masturbation session?

My interest lay in the fact that I enjoy narrative histories of events. Ive read a lot of the issues Coachella has had, rumored/desired headliners, and how it got started, etc in articles and such but to hear everything from the "horses mouth" would have been interesting.

We need another Coachella movie

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Thumbs up Re: Coachella Cruise News - Missing Out or Not Coachella, Not Even Close

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    We need another Coachella movie
    Agreed
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

I love the blow up doll...swimming and taking in some sun...

old school

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I thought the forum sounded like a snorfest unless you get off on hearing Paul T and others say they want The Smiths and David Bowie too. I mean, what information was actually learned from that masturbation session?
    One of the articles references some details like how the cruise came about, PT confirmed 1 Coachella act, the AEG sale and festival headliner wishlists. I liked the line about wanted to book the naked Wizard for the cruise.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    What an insanely stupid question.
    GV made an off hand comment about Indio set-times about a decade ago and said nothing since.

Feel free to post your questions in this thread. Maybe someone can ask them on the 2nd cruise.

I wonder if they book "back-up" headliners or pay them to hold dates open for a certain period. Also ask if they made any headway in booking Smiths/Heads/Bowie. I'm curious how the conversation with Morrissey after his 2009 set went.

I wonder if they book "back-up" headliners
    See: Portishead.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

old school

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    See: Portishead.
    Tickets sales slumped before Prince.

I'm referring to "headliners" that hold dates, yet never appear on the final poster. For instance, RHCP could easily play 2013 if someone from Daft/Stones died tomorrow.

Coldplay could have played 2012 if you easily shifted around a couple dates.

http://www.vice.com/read/we-went-on-...s-of-coachella

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,6455818.story

http://www.spin.com/articles/ss-coac...phy-black-lips

New articles to peruse. Sounds like CruiseChella=VIPChella ....and that's something I'd like to experience.....but only on a boat!!!!

Tickets sales slumped before Prince.

I'm referring to "headliners" that hold dates, yet never appear on the final poster. For instance, RHCP could easily play 2013 if someone from Daft/Stones died tomorrow.

Coldplay could have played 2012 if you easily shifted around a couple dates.
    Petition for board title to be: Budget Buzzer

Still waiting for pics/footage that actually show this cruise as being fun -_-

Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Gary fucking hired you didn't he.

i've got a few thousand pictures to sort through. The cruise was awesome all the way through. If they do it again, i would love to be on it and would even consider the whole week. my only reservation would be exploding from the food. Drink package was in full abuse mode by most on board. The Bahamas part looked to only be filled to about half capacity, but the observation was made that the first Coachella was as well. my analogy that kept coming to mind is the cruise is like a deluxe box set. Not everyone's going to get it. It cost more. If you do, you going to be happy with all the gold you find in there that pertains to your taste. It was a lot like ATP in that we were all in the same place and encounters with the performers happened daily. Walking around the boat first day i went from scooting by Alexis from Hot Chip to Killer Mike and El P. After seeing Pulp and getting some food in the cafe, in walks Jarvis as we were walking out. Everyone was cool and happiness was contagious. The Silhouette like the Polo Fields was part of being the star of the event. The boat is glorious and everyone was pampered. Readjusting to reality is just as difficult as driving past the windmills on the way home in April. i wish i could have stayed for the Jamaica leg. Didn't see everything, but all i saw was excellent. Pulp, Yeasayer, El P, Killer Mike, Black Lips, Grimes, Could Nothings and ending with Girl Talk was perfect. i don't really think it will matter who they get to play if they do it next year, i'll be there.

So how much pot was smuggled on board?

The box set analogy works for me, because it would probably take an artist or two that I genuinely adore to get me to shell out the bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I just can't do a boat.

Mug - lol. I wish the compitition would settle down a bit between Hard and GV. My heart will always belong to Coachella.

Ivan- You have no idea how much I've been looking forward to your photos since I read that you were going! Glad to hear you had a blast!

Upcoming shows
    Events

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    So how much pot was smuggled on board?
    Not sure. Didn't smell any, but heard people talk about their use. Discretion was in play where ever that was happening. i heard 3 people got removed (2 for drugs, 1 for ???). If you were getting it on the boat, that didn't seem to be a problem. Most of the boat was non smoking. Smoking on the verandas was not permitted because they didn't want people flicking ashes or their butts onto the decks below (who wants a fire on a boat? no one). If you can get edibles to Florida, that would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I just can't do a boat.
    Too bad. You and your man would love this. You could tell the boat was moving for a part of the trip, but other than that, smooth as glass.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Mug - lol. I wish the compitition would settle down a bit between Hard and GV. My heart will always belong to Coachella.

Ivan- You have no idea how much I've been looking forward to your photos since I read that you were going! Glad to hear you had a blast!
    i was glad too. It exceeded my expectations. i'm going to try and limit myself to a 100 a day and have already begun the flagging.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Too bad. You and your man would love this. You could tell the boat was moving for a part of the trip, but other than that, smooth as glass.
    It's not the motion. It's the not being able to see land.

I'm fine with the motion in the ocean.

The views of the ocean were wonderful. At night the stars were clear. You could get by on the boat without ever going outside if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Not sure. Didn't smell any, but heard people talk about their use. Discretion was in play where ever that was happening. i heard 3 people got removed (2 for drugs, 1 for ???). If you were getting it on the boat, that didn't seem to be a problem. Most of the boat was non smoking. Smoking on the verandas was not permitted because they didn't want people flicking ashes or their butts onto the decks below (who wants a fire on a boat? no one). If you can get edibles to Florida, that would be perfect.
    Good to know, seems like the best bet for smoking on cruises is booking a room that is at the back end of the cruise with a secluded patio. At least most cruises provides free pipes in the buffet areas (Apples)

How was the buffet food? I've been on Carnival and people from the midwest told me its the best food ever, when I went, I would respectfully disagree. Even with the "fancy" stateroom dinners. I hope they had a decent selection for the cruise, I would imagine vegan/pescetarian alternatives were available? This is an LA based cruise.

Food was amazing all the way through. we (my girl and i) loved having breakfast on our veranda. If you put in an order before 1AM, they would bring it to you whatever time you requested. If you forgot to do that, just order and it would be at your door 45 minutes later. The dining that was part of the package was great and we always ended up talking to the people sitting by us. Everyone was stoked to be there. we only did one of the specialty restaurants ($40 each) called QSine. It was a variety of styles in small portions, but of course you could get as much as you wanted. They were talked about primarily for their sushi lollipops, but we thought that was the least tasty thing we ate that night. When we talked about if we could handle 7 days, the reason we couldn't is from exploding from the food.