View Poll Results: What do you think about gun control?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gun ownership is an inalienable right. We need this in case we have a mad king to overthrow or something.

12 13.19%
  • Gun ownership is an inalienable right. We need this in case we have a black president to overthrow or something

12 13.19%
  • Any attempt at gun control will be ineffectual and fail, so why bother

21 23.08%
  • REPEAL THE SECOND AMENDMENT.

46 50.55%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guns

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Default Re: Guns

I realize you were joking, but it was a tasteless joke. Plenty of stupid folks out there who don't need ideas like that circulating. I used to listen to his music when I was a drugged out goonie. Now I can't see why anyone would listen to it, even stoned.

God fucking damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I realize you were joking, but it was a tasteless joke. Plenty of stupid folks out there who don't need ideas like that circulating. I used to listen to his music when I was a drugged out goonie. Now I can't see why anyone would listen to it, even stoned.
    Well it's a pretty big successful scene nowadays. I'm sure there's millions of people out there who could care less what the fuck you say. That goes for me too.

You seem like a cool guy though, Zafocaine. Lets be friends!

I am friends to all living creatures, and some non-living!

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    God fucking damnit.
    Are you having a fit, Puerto Rican artist formally known as Prince? Do you need someone to brush your hair while cooing you into a gentle coma?

i see my work is done here.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by elbrycen View Post
    i see my work is done here.
    That's so Raven.

Even with Zafocaine on ignore I see he ruined another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post

Is this one of the good guys? I can't tell.

If you were getting your head bashed into the pavement by someone and you had a handgun on your person, would you use that pistol or would you resort to "The Democratic Process"

None of you anti-gun people can even imagine being in a situation where you feel completely overmatched and would give up everything to have some more protection besides your beautiful witticisms. Just hope beyond hope that you never do.

Quote Originally Posted by latexsolarbeef View Post
    If you were getting your head bashed into the pavement by someone and you had a handgun on your person, would you use that pistol or would you resort to "The Democratic Process"

None of you anti-gun people can even imagine being in a situation where you feel completely overmatched and would give up everything to have some more protection besides your beautiful witticisms. Just hope beyond hope that you never do.
    i got jumped by 3 guys yesterday for working as an illegal immigrant. it would have been nice to have been armed, but having a weapon in thailand carries a 10 year sentance. luckily i'm a tough d00d and could handle them, but what if there had been a bigger racist mob? this shit happens in america too.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

for those of you who know how to read, and prefer to let the scientific method explain things instead of emotion, this should answer your questions.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf

the rest of you can keep on going down on diane fienstein.

for those of you who know how to read, and prefer to let the scientific method explain things instead of emotion, this should answer your questions.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf

the rest of you can keep on going down on diane fienstein.
    This was a good read, but I suspect none of the mud slingers that have comprised a vast majority of this thread will make it more than a few paragraphs into it. It was a valiant attempt nonetheless.

I got as far as Cold War Soviet fear-mongering.

Edit: Kept reading. Note that, for a majority of their statistics they do not provide clear sources. If you want to produce a real piece of academic writing, do not simply state that the data is, "On file with author." Produce an addendum with that information so that we can actually see what the hell you're relying on. This is not a well-written or particularly well-supported law review article. Newspaper articles are not scholarly sources.
    Last edited by bmack86; 12-31-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The NRA is going to overthrow the government and install a militaristic fascist racist regime. Source: data on file with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Tell us about the times this has happened to you. You fucking dolt.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I got as far as Cold War Soviet fear-mongering.

Edit: Kept reading. Note that, for a majority of their statistics they do not provide clear sources. If you want to produce a real piece of academic writing, do not simply state that the data is, "On file with author." Produce an addendum with that information so that we can actually see what the hell you're relying on. This is not a well-written or particularly well-supported law review article. Newspaper articles are not scholarly sources.
    The "Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy" is not a "Harvard" publication -- it is a student-published conservative law review. It is not an academic journal; the Kates-Mauser study was not peer reviewed, and certainly would never have passed peer review for rthe reasons you cite, plus the fact that the authors don't seem to have even the most basic knowledge of statistics. Finally, Kates and Mauser are not affiliated with Harvard and the whole notion that this cheap piece of propaganda is a "Harvard study" is laughable.

Example: table 1 of the study shows the murder rate for Luxembourg at 9 per 100k. This is an error; they misplaced a decimal place. It is actually 0.9 per 100k.

Actual Harvard studies on the relationship between gun ownership and gun violence can be found here: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/research...arms-research/
    Last edited by TomAz; 01-01-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Tell us about the times this has happened to you. You fucking dolt.
    Jesus, you have got to be the bitchiest little tampon that holds court on these boards. I'm glad that everything I say seems to pitch you into a murderous rage. I counter anti-gun statements with well thought out scenarios that should make people stop and think before making snap judgements on gun control. I have never been jumped because I am lucky enough to be white and reside in an area that is virtually void of gang violence, but I am not stupid enough to think that if I did go into one of those areas, I would be perfectly safe with no means of defense besides words and my fists.

I'm white in Southern California... inland. This means I'm surrounded by gang members, and people who are not generally white. Does this mean I need to carry a gun or be afraid when I leave the home? Fuck no! I've been jumped in my own city before, and it was because I put myself in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is what upsets me about women blubbering about rape. Either it was a family member (which is fucking horrible), or you put yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Multiple times. I won't be carrying a gun around town in case I get jumped again. Shooting someone because I can't take an ass whooping seems pretty young in my mind. I will, however, make my home a fortress. I will always have the means to protect myself from any kind of foreseeable threat aside from mutant monsters the size of skyscrapers. No government official will change that with new laws. The important thing to realize here is that most gun owners don't care what the law says. They will own guns regardless. Not only that, but the people committing crimes now will use a disarmed general public to their advantage EVERY TIME. Even if you personally choose to live without firearms, don't you think it's a good idea to have some means of law enforcement that isn't out there eating a donut on the side of the road waiting for someone to drive by while sending a text message so they can write a ticket up? The most important thing in the mind of the cop is to make quota, not to shoot down gun wielding twats who take their anger out on others because they haven't gotten laid in ten years. Letting the police protect you is about as safe as handing all your guns over to a government whose interests are in overseas oil and the submission of its civilians. It's actually pretty hard to believe that this is even a topic, considering this is the United States of America, and our constitution was written up with this directly in mind. Am I the only one looking out not only for my rights, but yours as well? Gun control enthusiasts are only looking out for the rights of the weak. What about the possibility of being invaded? What will you do when your dwindling police force and national guard go to the rich areas for initial protection, and your poor ass is stuck at home with butter knives for protection? Answer: Submit. You will submit, and die. This is a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I won't be carrying a gun around town in case I get jumped again. Shooting someone because I can't take an ass whooping seems pretty young in my mind. I will, however, make my home a fortress.
    I don't carry a handgun or even own one, but if anyone was dumb enough to try and invade my home they would be in the biggest world of hurt they could imagine, so I agree whole heartedly about making the home a fortress. I live a short drive away from what are probably the 2 most destitute and crime ridden cities in this country, (Flint & Detroit) and the bangers in those cities typically don't just settle for throwing a beatdown on someone in the wrong place at the wrong time. I've been there a few times but never given the impression of being a pushover or a victim so I made it thru fine, but those were times when I learned valuable lessons, and I would not fault anyone that had to live in these areas for carrying a handgun, you don't fight fire with sticks.

Wrong place at the wrong time doesn't care where you live. If you don't feel safe going out where you live, then move away. Once enough people move out, the poor criminal class will start filling the void. This is the hope anyway lol

Jesus, you have got to be the bitchiest little tampon that holds court on these boards. I'm glad that everything I say seems to pitch you into a murderous rage. I counter anti-gun statements with well thought out scenarios that should make people stop and think before making snap judgements on gun control. I have never been jumped because I am lucky enough to be white and reside in an area that is virtually void of gang violence, but I am not stupid enough to think that if I did go into one of those areas, I would be perfectly safe with no means of defense besides words and my fists.
    None of this refutes how fucking stupid you sound. IMA CAP YO ASS IFN YOU TRY N JUMP ME.

These things do not happen in real life. They only happen in the imaginations of extremely stupid people who cannot discern their fantasies from reality. You are one example of the kind of people I am talking about.

Let me be clear: The situations you describe DO NOT HAPPEN in real life. Understood? You arm yourself to compensate for some sort of Freudian shortcoming and then attempt to rationalize, except you are not intelligent enough to come up with a credible rationalization. This is the gun lobby in the US. This is you.
    Last edited by TomAz; 01-02-2013 at 08:18 AM.

what about the shooting in san antonio last week? some dude went to shoot up a movie theater and got shot by an armed patron before he had a chance to kill anyone.

Was he getting his "head bashed into the pavement"?

lol, no. that scenario, absurd as it may be, is possible. it is 3 times more likely in america to be murdered with the weapon being hands or feet than you are to be murdered by an assault rifle.

Didn't the guy in San Antonio attempt to shoot up the eatery he and his slut girlfriend worked at before his gun allegedly jammed? They locked him out of the eatery, and he went to the movie theater where a police woman cornered him in a bathroom and shot him, or something like that. It's just another gun story to fuel the fire. The story, every time I hear it, sounds more and more like bullshit. His gun jammed, and people were able to lock him out.... but then it unjammed, and he decided to take his rampage elsewhere? Utter bullshit contrived by the media to enforce their agenda. People do use guns in ways that they shouldn't, but this is the United States. Can't we claim to be taking a cue from the government and this war? Now we're being threatened with disarmament when we have military doing MUCH MUCH worse in other countries? Likely story. This hypocritical shit has to stop. If you walk around with a gun on your person, you're more likely to get arrested for carrying without a permit than you are to shoot an attacker. Try puffing your chest out next time you get attacked instead of quivering. That usually makes attackers think twice.

lol, no. that scenario, absurd as it may be, is possible. it is 3 times more likely in america to be murdered with the weapon being hands or feet than you are to be murdered by an assault rifle.
    Your last sentence bears no logical connection to the first two.

And I do not believe it "is possible" to reach into one's pocket, pull out a handgun, and successfully protect yourself while getting your "head bashed into the pavement". I challenge anyone to find one real life example where this has happened.

Studies show that guns kept in the home, ostensibly for "self defense", are many more times more likely to be used to intimidate or harm a family member or friend during an argument.

In the San Antonio case you refer to, the "armed patron" was an off duty cop. No one, not even me, is suggesting that we disarm police officers. A trained law enforcement official is much more likely to respond correctly than some drunk jerkass redneck.

sure it is, you shoot them in the foot.

Fantasy. QED.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.