View Poll Results: What do you think about gun control?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gun ownership is an inalienable right. We need this in case we have a mad king to overthrow or something.

12 13.19%
  • Gun ownership is an inalienable right. We need this in case we have a black president to overthrow or something

12 13.19%
  • Any attempt at gun control will be ineffectual and fail, so why bother

21 23.08%
  • REPEAL THE SECOND AMENDMENT.

46 50.55%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guns

Default Re: Guns

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I had a dream that I had a big sawed-off shotgun. It was really easy to use and very light, and I was shooting at a tree in the yard of my childhood home for target practice.
    I went to one on my ex's (yea have a bunch) She made the best ham gravy ever and I dreamed about that last night ...day in a life eh ....cr******
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

That's nice, Ron. I only posted about my dream because this thread is about guns, and I am wondering why I had this dream when I hate guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

ron is killing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

You had to practice in order to hit a tree with a shotgun?

I don't really know a whole lot about guns. And it was a dream.

Guns are a symbol of power in your dreams, so you feeling comfort and control with the gun in your parent's backyard is a good thing.

Gunz, but the dream felt a bit menacing like I was not sure why I was using the gun but I feel like I needed it for some reason, like I was wielding a power I was not sure I could control.

I would assume that speaks to you and with all the press we can't avoid having guns on our minds.

I went to one on my ex's (yea have a bunch) She made the best ham gravy ever and I dreamed about that last night ...day in a life eh ....cr******
    Tom, this should have been the fifth choice. Is it too late? This gets my vote.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    your testosterone-fueled hollywood fanstasies are no basis for sound public policy. fuck off and die.
    Why did you even start this poll if you didn't want to hear differing opinions to your own? This just proves once again that much like abortion, healthcare, religion, and music, no 2 random people share the same feelings on any of those subjects.

Are you one of those drooling morons who thinks all opinions are equally valid regardless? The post I was responding to was talking about fighting back against FEMA. This is moral retardation attempting to influence public policy. And I said as much.

There are others here that I also disagree with (mountmccabe, chairmanmeow, a few others) on the gun issue but who at least have logic behind their positions. I don't tell them to fuck off. Well, not on this topic anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Let's look at countries where guns are/were completely banned:
    Soviet Russia under Stalin
    Nazi Germany
    Modern day Venezuela.

after witnessing the way people have been treated in this country from kent state to g20 to ows, i do think we need guns to protect ourselves from our government. and maybe the fema camps was an oversimplification, but it's one of billions of reasons why people should be able to own firearms.

as for the comment about semi automatic rifles and how people shouldn't own them because their only purpose is killing people, semi-automatic "assault" rifles were used in less that a third of the homicides last year than where "hands and feet" was listed as the murder weapon. their purpose is going out to the middle of the desert and shooting shit, military use, or home defense. no one goes on shooting sprees with semi automatics, violent crimes are committed by knives and handguns.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Are you one of those drooling morons who thinks all opinions are equally valid regardless? The post I was responding to was talking about fighting back against FEMA. This is moral retardation attempting to influence public policy. And I said as much.
    I do drool in my sleep, but that is beside the point. I don't find it morally retarded to be prepared to fight against a government takeover. I have heard that ceaseless argument that all the assault rifles in America couldn't possibly contend against our military might, I disagree. Being a former grunt myself I can guarantee you will not find more than a handful of brainwashed jarheads that would be willing to turn that superior arsenal on their own people. The amount of assault rifles that have flown off the shelves since "Newtown" only serves to remind our leaders of what they would be up against if they even tried to ban weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by elbrycen View Post
    Let's look at countries where guns are/were completely banned:
    Soviet Russia under Stalin
    Nazi Germany
    Modern day Venezuela.

after witnessing the way people have been treated in this country from kent state to g20 to ows, i do think we need guns to protect ourselves from our government. and maybe the fema camps was an oversimplification, but it's one of billions of reasons why people should be able to own firearms.

as for the comment about semi automatic rifles and how people shouldn't own them because their only purpose is killing people, semi-automatic "assault" rifles were used in less that a third of the homicides last year than where "hands and feet" was listed as the murder weapon. their purpose is going out to the middle of the desert and shooting shit, military use, or home defense. no one goes on shooting sprees with semi automatics, violent crimes are committed by knives and handguns.
    Lets look at some more countries:

The United Kingdom (Only antique weapons)
    Australia (not a COMPLETE ban, but as good as)
    Japan (only antique weapons)

And the following have laws strict enough to keep guns out of most everyone's hands:
    Germany
    Poland
    Romania
    Hungary
    Spain

Guess which countries have similar ownership laws as the United States? South Africa, North Korea, Yemen and many countries based on Sharia law, where weapon ownership is considered a divine right.

And if the intent of ownership of semi-autos is going to the middle of the desert, why does anyone on the east coast, south, midwest or pacific northwest own them? I k now I'm arguing with someone who has probably been shot in the frontal lobe a few times and no longer understands even basic logic or reasoning, but jesus christ, you can't be this dense, can you?

I think I will buy a gun just so the fuck of it ..................cr******

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post

And the following have laws strict enough to keep guns out of most everyone's hands:
    Germany
    Poland
    Romania
    Hungary
    Spain

Guess which countries have similar ownership laws as the United States? South Africa, North Korea, Yemen and many countries based on Sharia law, where weapon ownership is considered a divine right.

And if the intent of ownership of semi-autos is going to the middle of the desert, why does anyone on the east coast, south, midwest or pacific northwest own them? I k now I'm arguing with someone who has probably been shot in the frontal lobe a few times and no longer understands even basic logic or reasoning, but jesus christ, you can't be this dense, can you?
    I like your take on things, Bmack. If you ever feel compelled to run for public office I would vote for you.

Guess which countries have similar ownership laws as the United States? ... North Korea
    Yes and look at the success they've had overthrowing an autocratic regime.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by latexsolarbeef View Post
    I don't find it morally retarded to be prepared to fight against a government takeover.
    I think it's retarded as fuck. It's just plain fucking stupid. You are stupid and people like you are stupid. We live in a society where the government is democratically elected in (relatively) fair elections. The notion that rifles are a better solution than the democratic process is pure hysterical nonsense. Hysteria. Mass insanity. Mass gun ownership. Jesus fucking christ some of you people are so disengaged from anything related to actual facts. Shove your fucking assault rifle up your ass and do your duty to humankind, you worthless strand of extraneous DNA.

Plus that was clearly not the intention of the founding fathers in drafting the Second Amendment. They envisioned the US not having a standing military, based around the concern that a standing military could become the police arm of a tyrannical state. Instead, each citizen was expected to be ready, at a moment's notice, to join up to a militia to protect the greater good (Adams unsuccessfully fought to include the language, "but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms shall be compelled to render military service in person," at the end of the amendment. That would have killed all these idiotic misinterpretations, tell you what.) However, that hasn't really been a possibility in the modern world for a multitude of reasons. We have a standing military, and we don't need a militia of morons.

You're a butt Gunz.... just saying ....cr***

I think it's retarded as fuck. It's just plain fucking stupid. You are stupid and people like you are stupid. We live in a society where the government is democratically elected in (relatively) fair elections. The notion that rifles are a better solution than the democratic process is pure hysterical nonsense. Hysteria. Mass insanity. Mass gun ownership. Jesus fucking christ some of you people are so disengaged from anything related to actual facts. Shove your fucking assault rifle up your ass and do your duty to humankind, you worthless strand of extraneous DNA.
    I very much enjoyed this post. You going to Coachella this year?

Germany
    Poland
    Romania
    Hungary
    Spain

yes, and when guns were banned in the uk and austrailia, home invasion went up by 44 and 40 percent the next year respectively. stabbings skyrocketed as well. and i said one of the reasons, not the reason. and deserts, forests, whatever. people go shooting just to blow up bottles and cans across the nation. and i have been shot before, however not in the frontal lobe, and had i been armed i think things would have gone a lot better for me in that situation.

the truth is, it takes the police a lot longer to respond to an emergency than it does for a man with a shotgun in the back of his car. so you can talk shit, insult me and say that i'm illogical because you don't agree with my views without coming up with any logical arguments of your own (the amount of ad hominem used in your posts makes it appalingly obvious that you have never even taken a college philosophy class), and maybe the other brainwashed mainstream media worshippers here will love you for it, but it won't make you right.

the sad truth is that we had to fight against our government because they didn't represent our best interests back in 1776. we may have to do the same soon. iceland pulled it off recently with pots and pans, however, iceland doesn't have the crazy military strength the US does. our government is going to keep fucking us just like theirs did, and either we can fight back or keep taking it in the ass.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

It's sort of surprising to see how many people are satisfied being treated like second rate citizens. California is much larger in population and area than some countries in the world, and we clearly don't agree with everything the Federal government tries to enforce. I could easily see us separating from the union if certain laws go into effect. I could just as easily see people embracing their slavery being too afraid to stand up for their rights. Limiting yourself is a part of perfecting your being, but limiting your people just keeps them submissive and stupid. Why would your country want to keep you submissive and stupid, more interested in defaming other political parties than in effectively challenging the limitations on our so-called freedoms? Sometimes the grease the squeaky wheel gets is an unmarked grave for standing up for your rights, but red versus blue is clearly the worst possible way to keep your people interested in government. It's not a game. It's your poverty. It's your right to protect yourself in case of invasion of home or country, in case you have to fend off your own government. That's a major part of the original drafting of the constitution. Misconduct is a regular fixture in every government.

Everybody's right, you're dumb.

all i see in this thread are two pro gun people making rational arguments, one anti gun guy calling the other two names because he can't come up with any ideas of his own or facts to back them up, and two people kissing the anti gun guys ass because the commercial on tv with the celebrities said that guns are bad.

I am none of your examples..... been around a while and fucking guns suck...... been in a war, lost my friends, fuck guns.......I don't have to make an argument......cr****

Quote Originally Posted by elbrycen View Post
    all i see in this thread are rational people whose opinions coincide with mine and some people acting childish whose opinions are the opposite of mine
    Well put.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

you think i'm wrong about this? i'm fully capable of a rational debate. this is not one. a rational debate is an argument followed by a rebuttal, not an argument followed by :

Everybody's right, you're dumb.
    seriously. it's silly.