View Poll Results: What do you think about gun control?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gun ownership is an inalienable right. We need this in case we have a mad king to overthrow or something.

12 13.19%
  • Gun ownership is an inalienable right. We need this in case we have a black president to overthrow or something

12 13.19%
  • Any attempt at gun control will be ineffectual and fail, so why bother

21 23.08%
  • REPEAL THE SECOND AMENDMENT.

46 50.55%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guns

Hybrid View

Default Guns

Have at it creeple.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: Guns

HE COULD HAVE JUST AS EASILY USED A KNIFE LIKE O.J. SIMPSON DID!!!

Beebs has a couple

Justin-Bieber-Biceps-Photo.jpg

How Did the Duck Hunt Gun Work?

If you’re a geek of a certain age, a good portion of your childhood probably revolved around sitting too close to the TV, clutching a plastic safety cone-colored hand gun and blasting waterfowl out of a pixilated sky in Duck Hunt (also, trying to blow that dog’s head off when he laughed at you). The Duck Hunt gun, officially called the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Zapper, seems downright primitive next to the Nintendo’s Wii and Microsoft’s Kinect, but in the late 80s, it filled plenty of young heads with wonder. How did that thing work?

Annie get your Zapper
    The Zapper’s ancestry goes back to the mid 1930s, when the first so-called “light guns” appeared after the development of light-sensing vacuum tubes. In the first light gun game, Ray-O-Lite (developed in 1936 by Seeburg, a company that made parts and systems for jukeboxes), players shot at small moving targets mounted with light sensors using a gun that emitted a beam of light. When the beam struck a sensor, the targets – ducks, coincidentally – registered the “hit” and a point was scored.

Light guns hit home video game consoles with Shooting Gallery on the Magnavox Odyssey in 1972. Because the included shotgun-style light gun was only usable on a Magnavox television, the game flopped. The Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Zapper then fell into the hands of American kids in October 1985, when it was released in a bundle with the NES, a controller and a few games. Early versions of the peripheral were dark gray, but the color of the sci-fi ray gun-inspired Zapper was changed a few years later when a federal regulation required that toy and imitation firearms be “blaze orange” (color #12199, to be exact) so they wouldn’t be mistaken for the real deal.

While there were a number of Zapper-compatible games released for the NES (when I was a kid and my dad worked from home, we wasted plenty of afternoons away playing Hogan’s Alley), most lived in the shadow of the iconic Duck Hunt, the most recognizable and popular Zapper game.

Gone in a Flash
    While older light guns like the Ray-O-Lite rifle emitted beams of light, the Zapper and many other recent light guns work by receiving light through a photodiode on or in the barrel and using that light to figure out where on the TV screen you’re aiming.

When you point at a duck and pull the trigger, the computer in the NES blacks out the screen and the Zapper diode begins reception. Then, the computer flashes a solid white block around the targets you’re supposed to be shooting at. The photodiode in the Zapper detects the change in light intensity and tells the computer that it’s pointed at a lit target block — in others words, you should get a point because you hit a target. In the event of multiple targets, a white block is drawn around each potential target one at a time. The diode’s reception of light combined with the sequence of the drawing of the targets lets the computer know that you hit a target and which one it was. Of course, when you’re playing the game, you don’t notice the blackout and the targets flashing because it all happens in a fraction of a second.

This target flashing method helped Nintendo overcome a weakness of older light gun games: cheaters racking up high scores by pointing the gun at a steady light source, like a lamp, and hitting the first target right out of the gate.

A++++++++++++++++++ WOULD POLL WITH AGAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Lol at the 2nd option
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

You spelled it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    You spelled it wrong.
    lol. Guns are fun. Shotguns especially... I just heard that Utah has the highest per capita gun ownership in the U.S. fuck yeah!!!
    I still wonder if the tragedy in Newton might have been averted if that lady would have had a gun safe. It will be interesting to read the final findings on what really took place.
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Where's the "Give every man, woman, child, dog, cat, fish, Roomba, garden gnome, wax statue of a celebrity, crash test dummy, and plastic fisting sex toy a firearm for, you know, safety and self protection" option?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Outlaw guns, then we use lasers. outlaw lasers, we start using knives. outlaw knives, we start using chemicals. outlaw that, something else takes its place. then guns come back and we repeat the cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Outlaw guns, then we use lasers. outlaw lasers, we start using knives. outlaw knives, we start using chemicals. outlaw that, something else takes its place. then guns come back and we repeat the cycle.
    lol yes because guns and knives.

Ill use my love gun!!! Omfg KISS confirmed!

old school

First off I don't own a firearm. You've already lost most of your constitutional rights to homeland security anyways so whats another 2nd amendment right? And there is this invention called a trigger lock that renders the firearm its used on inoperable to anyone without the key.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salazaro44 View Post
    Ill use my love gun!!! Omfg KISS confirmed!
    Best 11th post

is this about M.I.A?

No handguns at all and only single load and shot rifles .....cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

My vote is for "The Second Amendment protects a collective right of common defense in the form of militia, while also reserving the possibility of limited individual gun ownership. The Supreme Court should return to this understanding of the Second Amendment, which was the widely-held legal consensus for more than two hundred years prior to 2008."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    My vote is for "The Second Amendment protects a collective right of common defense in the form of militia, while also reserving the possibility of limited individual gun ownership. The Supreme Court should return to this understanding of the Second Amendment, which was the widely-held legal consensus for more than two hundred years prior to 2008."
    This may be the one time in my entire life, or at least board existence, that I favor cr******s opinion over yours. Gun problems existed aplenty pre-08.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

If you honestly think there should not be any changes in the gun laws how about you go explain to the parents of the murdered children why you think our gun laws are just fine. There is no coincidence that we live in a country that has little to no gun control and we have a mass shooting on the news every other week. When little kids are being murdered with assault weapons, entire families are destroyed, and you are sitting here saying that our gun laws are just fine. You really need to step back, look at the big picture, be honest with yourself and think about what you are really fighting for.

I went to the bushmaster website today to see just how easy it is to get an AR-15, similar to the one that was used. Did a search for authorized dealers in AZ. In Arizona alone there are 149 authorized dealers where I can get one. So I did a little research to see just how many authorized gun dealers there are in general for the state of AZ. OVER 1200. Over 1200 places to buy a gun in 1 state. For reference, there are about 350 McDonalds in the entire state. Something really wrong here.

Does mental health issues play a role? YES… Do we need to do something about that? YES the number one thing we need to control though is gun control. We cannot sit here and make weapons that are specifically made to kill easily accessible to anyone. There is no reason for it. If you can give me a good reason why someone with schizophrenia should be able to buy an assault rifle then please enlighten us with this profound wisdom of yours.

Less guns = less deaths. Pretty damn simple. Just because you have the right, does not mean it is right. And just because it has right to bear arms in the constitution does not mean we should abandon all common sense and morals to uphold an idea that was proposed centuries ago. No one is saying we should ban guns altogether, that not anywhere close to what people want. What we do want is control. No assault weapons for non police or military. Mandatory background checks. Waiting times on all guns. These are some pretty reasonable things to ask for. Will this stop all gun violence? Of course not. It will however take some guns off the streets and make it just a little more difficult to have access to weapons like this and It might just save a few lives and that’s what it’s all about right?

seriously Tom? SERIOUSLY?!?!?

"If you honestly think there should not be any changes in the gun laws how about you go explain to the parents of the murdered children why you think our gun laws are just fine. There is no coincidence that we live in a country that has little to no gun control and we have a mass shooting on the news every other week" ..........WTF!!!

What the fuck are you talking about bro? Why are you talking about something you know nothing about

chicago_gunctrl_gviolence.jpg

Take chicago for example... 500 homicides in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by geonotgio View Post

Thank You Geonotgio!

Hey Tom, lets ban all the guns, cause I cannot think of a single time in American history where banning people from getting something ever created a black market for it.

RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERSHIP IS NOT THE PROBLEM! You will not make anyone safer by taking guns away from those of us that respect what a gigantic responsibility the 2nd amendment is.

How about you own the fact that 80-90% of gun crimes committed in this country are perpetrated by gang affiliated youths with ILLEGALLY acquired guns.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geonotgio View Post
    seriously Tom? SERIOUSLY?!?!?

"If you honestly think there should not be any changes in the gun laws how about you go explain to the parents of the murdered children why you think our gun laws are just fine. There is no coincidence that we live in a country that has little to no gun control and we have a mass shooting on the news every other week" ..........WTF!!!

What the fuck are you talking about bro? Why are you talking about something you know nothing about

Lil bro... you set up the date, with transportation, and I'll explain it to them. Get me a tv spot, and we'll go national. If you take gun rights away, not only will the illegal gun trade spiral out of control, but gun-oriented crimes will happen without anyone to stop it. You think it's bad now? Just wait until you actually have to rely on the underfunded police to help you out. They'll be here any minute now. We called them an hour ago. Hmmm......

I do believe the Second Amendment should allow the Feds and especially state and local governments to heavily regulate access to guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

do you people know how many murders are caused by assault rifles each year in america? last year it was 39. that's compared to the 328 murders committed last year with hands and feet being the murder weapon. of course, around 6000 were with handguns and 3000 were with knives. people in this country are just violent psychopaths, and an assault weapons ban isn't going to change that. however, when they come to take us all to the fema camps, the people with assault weapons will be able to defend themselves.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by elbrycen View Post
    When they come to take us all to the fema camps, the people with assault weapons will be able to defend themselves.
    My defense against a "Mad King or Something"
    Panther_Arms_DPMS_AR_15_build.jpg

Does my support of the second amendment make me unwelcome amongst the typical chella hipster crowd? Will this subject still be relevant in April when we all gather for 4 nights of debauchery?

Quote Originally Posted by elbrycen View Post
    when they come to take us all to the fema camps, the people with assault weapons will be able to defend themselves.
    your testosterone-fueled hollywood fanstasies are no basis for sound public policy. fuck off and die.

Need an option to alter the 2nd Amendment.
    I am for gun ownership, but feel there is no need for semi-auto/auto weapons in civilian hands.
    "Gun collectors" can find a new hobby.

Agree noobie......and TomAz.....love ya dude lolz....cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine