Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 LastLast

Thread: In which we discuss: Guns, Second Amendment, Weaponry, and Violence

Default Re: In which we discuss: Guns, Second Amendment, Weaponry, and Violence

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Bryan what are the statistics on the number of times in the US in 2011 that guns were used to rebel against British tyrrany?
    14,548 attempts. 0 successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

well this blows holes in the switzerland defense

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-2...ooting/4543982

Three dead after Swiss factory shooting
    AFP/Reuters

A gunman killed two people and wounded seven others when he opened fire in a Swiss factory, police said, adding the shooter also died.

Three helicopters from the Swiss emergency service REGA evacuated four seriously wounded people from the scene of the shooting at the Kronospan wood panel plant in Menznau, near Lucerne.

Police said the gunman was an employee at the plant with no record of making trouble.

They told reporters that he appeared to have targeted his victims during the attack.

Local newspaper Willisauerer Bote said the company had just announced it was cutting production after a poor logging season.

Witnesses quoted by local media said the shooting started in the factory canteen around 9am (local time) as workers on an early shift took their lunch break.

"We're all in shock. We'll do everything we can to help the victims' loved ones and support them financially," Urs Fluder, a member of Kronospan's board, told local station Radio Pilatus.

"The company will keep going as normally as possible."

Owned by Austrian group Kronospan, the factory is the top employer in Menznau, giving jobs to about 400 people in the community of almost 2,600.

"This is a tragedy," Menznau's mayor, Adrian Duss, said.

Last month a gunman killed three women and wounded two men in the village of Daillon, stirring a debate about Switzerland's firearms laws that allow its male citizens to retain guns after their mandatory military service.

There is no national gun register but some estimates indicate that at least one in every three of Switzerland's 8 million inhabitants keeps a gun, many stored at home.

Citizens outside the military can apply for a permit to buy up to three weapons from the age of 18 in a country where sharp-shooting and hunting are popular sports.

A shooting in the regional parliament of Zug in 2001 that caused 14 deaths prompted calls to tighten laws, but the majority of Swiss citizens rejected a proposal in 2011 for additional measures such as the creation of local arsenals for military weapons outside service periods.
    *pun intended
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Now you can make your gun quieter with an oil filter suppressor

The web is sooooooooo ..... I was looking into 3D printers and the home uses for them (BTW if anyone knows jack about the subject please post). By the time I finished surfing, I was at a site where you can get a free download file and you can literally make a plastic gun (you still have to buy the ammo). They also showed a simply made 30 round mag cart for an AR15. Yikes and fuck the local company that says it is going to move out if we pass more stringent gun and gun accessory laws .. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

We're gonna limit your business and get mad when you leave. Makes sense.

Their first one only lasted for 6 shots. This 3D printed one has held up for 600 shots:

They printed the white part with the trigger, the "lower receiver." This is the part of the gun that is regulated (serial numbers, etc.) The rest of the gun was not 3D printed (though they have printed magazines as you mention). The barrel, for example, is particularly ill-suited to 3D printing (at this time).
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Also on Tuesday a police officer was patrolling the hallways of Highland High School in upstate NY and his gun went off. Fortunately no one was hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

3D printing sounds like it is right out of Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age. or Star Trek. It's the goddamn future, everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    3D printing sounds like it is right out of Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age. or Star Trek. It's the goddamn future, everyone.
    What sort of got me started the last couple of days is that dress on the Oscars that was "created" on a 3D printer....Yea, as little as I read also, the plastic gun has steel springs in it so it would show up ..... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Also on Tuesday a police officer was patrolling the hallways of Highland High School in upstate NY and his gun went off. Fortunately no one was hurt.
    "Accidents happen" - Serj Tankian
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

http://news.msn.com/us/fatal-shootin...rketing-debate

Guns for kids just seems so fucking wrong.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

VigoTheCarpathian

This is a really cool read, Tom. I wanted to formulate an analysis but I'm not capable because I'm drunk and will be taking a break fom you and all the lovely intelligent board members because I have to fix myself. It makes sense though the whole thing makes perfect sense. Someday I will return and have a nice conversation with you about something . So many of my ideas have changed for the better because of you and Cara and Bryan and Hannah and everyone. Cheers this cannonball is for the message board.
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 06-04-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Didn't you say you were going to take a break a few weeks ago already?

So my girlfriend came home from school today (at Santa Monica College), says she had to leave her bike on campus because she heard gunshots and saw people running and screaming. Apparently some asshole started opening fire at passing cars and three people were shot and injured. It sounds like a fucking warzone outside my apartment. #Merica

^But you see, if she had a gun then she'd go shoot dead the shooter and she will be a hero.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Another tragic school shooting caused (in part) by a lack of guns on campus.

Listening to 'witnesses' call into NPR on the way home was a joke. 10 callers, 10 different stories. Shotgun, assault rifle, caucasian, tall and 225lbs, Asian, medium build, helmet, no helmet, flak jacket, only a black t-shirt, "bullet went right over my head", "glad I got out of the way because when I returned, the wall where I was standing in front was littered with bullet holes", "the gunman looked me right in the eye", "police shot him and are now guarding his body on campus", "police handcuffed him and put him in the back of squad car", "police chased him down behind a car wash", "As soon as I heard gunshots, I ran straight towards the scene"
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Listening to 'witnesses' call into NPR on the way home was a joke. 10 callers, 10 different stories. Shotgun, assault rifle, caucasian, tall and 225lbs, Asian, medium build, helmet, no helmet, flak jacket, only a black t-shirt, "bullet went right over my head", "glad I got out of the way because when I returned, the wall where I was standing in front was littered with bullet holes", "the gunman looked me right in the eye", "police shot him and are now guarding his body on campus", "police handcuffed him and put him in the back of squad car", "police chased him down behind a car wash", "As soon as I heard gunshots, I ran straight towards the scene"
    Well I'm glad they didn't interview my girlfriend. This is literally the conversation I woke up to. "Goddamn it I had to leave my bike on campus." "Why?" "Because I think there was a shooting."

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

A friend posted this on fb last night and I don't know how much more I can take. We might have to put a hold on gay marriage for a minute and go back to starting civil rights over again with just granting women the right to not be murdered and raped.

The only time you use a gun is if you intend to kill. He shot someone to try to injure them? Fucking christ. There has to be some recourse, some way to appeal, have the trial thrown out and begin a new one.

The greatest part is that it sounds like he would have been convicted if the hooker had put out. Seems like Texas is saying prosititution is illegal and we don't condone it, but goddamn it the man should have got something for his $150.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    The only time you use a gun is if you intend to kill.
    Well, I mean, that's just not a true statement Steve. Shooting someone below the waist is a great way to get a point across without risking an attempted murder charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    A friend posted this on fb last night and I don't know how much more I can take. We might have to put a hold on gay marriage for a minute and go back to starting civil rights over again with just granting women the right to not be murdered and raped.
    That stupid bullshit has been posted all over the place, and the main thing that's infuriating is how fucking stupid or intentionally deceptive people are in naming that link.

The jury did not condone shooting a woman who wont have sex with you. I'm not saying the jury didn't make a bad decision, but it WAS NOT based on the right to shoot someone for not giving you the sex you paid for. If you read the fucking original story the context is that he believed the woman was attempting to pull of a con and didn't even intend to spend the agreed upon time in his company (regardless of sex, even though we know he expected it). The "theft" was not that she was stealing her sex from him, that he was somehow owed. The jury believed that she entered his property with the intention of taking his money without spending the agreed upon time with him, which need not necessarily imply sex. She walked out the door after 20 minutes with his money. His defense somehow successfully convinced the jury that this was a scam in the first place, whether sex was involved or not, she never intended to spend time with him and in fact was only there to take the money and run. When someone enters your property with intent to deprive you of property that's called burglary. The jury believed this woman and her pimp outside (based on argument and whatever other evidence was presented, quality or not) knew they were going to take his money and run.

YES OF FUCKING COURSE it's debatable whether this was actually what she intended, and based on that ambiguity the use of force was probably unjustified, and YES this is overall a miscarriage of justice. Sex didn't necessarily enter into it, the jury believed she was intending to scam him and not spend EVEN JUST TIME as agreed in the ad, she tried to run off with his money.

The situations is fucked, the guy's fucking worthless and should go to jail, but passing this article glibly stating "Texas is OK with shooting hookers" is retarded.

THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP, JACK!

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

So if he never intended to fuck her then what was he doing arranging a meeting with her? Did he just want to play vigilante and trap this girl scamming people?
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits