Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: In which we discuss: Guns, Second Amendment, Weaponry, and Violence

Default Re: In which we discuss: Guns, Second Amendment, Weaponry, and Violence

Im not even arguing with you guys, i dont support handguns or automatic weapons but its not even remotely realistic to pry them from all the cold dead hands of nra enthusiasts. Its great to keep dreaming about hypothetical utopias, but when confronted these solutions are not realistic.

Its very easy to confront issues like gun control, gmos, or immigration from a complete fantasy standpoint. The real world is often a bit more complicated.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...rs-4126214.php

Raise your hand if you want your child's kindergarten teacher packin heat while teaching our kids. This is exactly what we need, our children to look up to someone who is carrying a firearm at all times. That would definitely bode well for the future of this country.
    I can picture it now, Gun at the the hip teaching how to add/subtract. If anything this ought to keep the more disruptive students in check.
    ... because teachers are always 100% stable.... ack

Quote Originally Posted by saranater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Look it up.
    Look what up? Whos going door to door collecting weapons? What is the penalty on a missing gun registered in 1995. How do you convince longtime gun enthusiasts to relinquish their guns? Even if you stoped selling ammunition for these types of weapons people have stockpiles. Look at the case of the guy in illinois, cops said he was sitting on 100k worth of firearms. I suggest we send Cara over to his house and extract these weapons with extreme sarcasm.

As a teacher i would love to tote a shotgun straped to my back. Classroom management strategy? Its called double barreled detention bitch.
    Last edited by grannock; 12-18-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

We should have no traffic laws because people still speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

We shouldn't collect taxes because some people don't pay them and get away with it.

We shouldn't control the distribution of any pharmaceuticals whatsoever because people will still purchase them on the black market.

Coachella Junkie

Nobody gives a fuck grannock. You're an idiot. A stupid person with a subpar mind. Everyone wants you to die and never type again about any topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    We shouldn't control the distribution of any pharmaceuticals whatsoever because people will still purchase them on the black market.
    So all of your examples show what failures control programs are. You expect a massive gun recal to actualy work. You are correct, we cant stop speeding, we cant stop horrible pharmas, and we cant stop corporations from avoiding tax laws. Explain to me how we easily take every handgun and automatic weapon from civilians.

Coachella Junkie

Stop existing. Go away. Delete your account.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck grannock. You're an idiot. A stupid person with a subpar mind. Everyone wants you to die and never type again about any topic.
    Lol

Why so mad?

Why so mad?

Coachella Junkie

This is amyzzz's fault.

Sorry.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    So all of your examples show what failures control programs are. You expect a massive gun recal to actualy work. You are correct, we cant stop speeding, we cant stop horrible pharmas, and we cant stop corporations from avoiding tax laws. Explain to me how we easily take every handgun and automatic weapon from civilians.
    All I'm sayin' is that they appeared to do it successfully in Australia. But you're right... no one is as bat-shit insane as gun-toting 'mericans.. so maybe it wouldn't work in the US. Unfortunate. I guess theres no solution and we should just expect mass murders and school shootings to keep happening. No use in trying to reduce the risk.

I love how gun enthusiasts' answer to the problem is, MOAR GUNS!!

All I'm sayin' is that they appeared to do it successfully in Australia. But you're right... no one is as bat-shit insane as gun-toting 'mericans.. so maybe it wouldn't work in the US. Unfortunate. I guess theres no solution and we should just expect mass murders and school shootings to keep happening. No use in trying to reduce the risk.
    Australians CHOOSE to live in the country with more poisonous everythings than anywhere else. And they're all descendants of hardened criminals. And they gave up their guns. I call bullshit.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The murder capital where we murder for capital

It's the video games and movies you assholes. The rap music too. Urbans listen to it and then they go kill. Look that shit up on your google you POS.

Giving teachers guns is a TERRIBLE idea!! Trust me.

It's bad enough we give them drugs and internet access.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Giving teachers guns is a TERRIBLE idea!! Trust me.
    I agree. I had my music teacher throw a pencil at me and say "I was it was a burning spear." I am not even lying about this. The teacher was only suspended for a week. I am sure if he had a gun I would have been shot.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    ... technically this one is actually correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

lik dis if u cry evertim.

Im going to read up on your example, ive never heard about this. Id be very intersted to see how they could implement such a huge recall without warrentless searching the house of eery registered gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Look it up much of the eu has a gun per capita rate of roughly half the us with like less than 10% of the gun related incidents. Now tese satistics dont account for the overall population disparity, but more guns does not equal more violence. This is a common belief that has no support satisticslly.
    Jackstraw is going to chastise me for arguing with you. But you are one seriously stupid mother fucker. You asserted that 'countries with the same per capita gun rate have less violence' and then attempted to substantiate it by showing that countries with a lower gun rate ("roughly half the us", you said) also have lower gun incidents ("like less than 10%")... jesus. Your inability to grasp even the simplest logic is stunning. I mean I am a person who thinks the US population as a whole is profoundly stupid, and yet you have managed to shock me with just how fucking stupid you actually are. My advice to you is to add yourself to the gun death statistics for 2012 before it's too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    lik dis if u cry evertim.

Most schools already have an armed "student assistance officer". Elementary schools do not. Honestly though, americans should vote on this property tax increase of employing an armed guard in every elementary schools.

Jackstraw is going to chastise me for arguing with you. But you are one seriously stupid mother fucker. You asserted that 'countries with the same per capita gun rate have less violence' and then attempted to substantiate it by showing that countries with a lower gun rate ("roughly half the us", you said) also have lower gun incidents ("like less than 10%")... jesus. Your inability to grasp even the simplest logic is stunning. I mean I am a person who thinks the US population as a whole is profoundly stupid, and yet you have managed to shock me with just how fucking stupid you actually are. My advice to you is to add yourself to the gun death statistics for 2012 before it's too late.

I typed in guns per capita in the world into google and the top 3 links backed up my statistics. Maybe you should get stats from a source rather than your brain?

I asked you to cite a source. You have yet to do so. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.