Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 338

Thread: It's raining kids in Connecticut

  1. #211
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    My favorite thing is when jackstraw shuts down an argument because it doesn't fit into his narrowly defined construct.

    Beware of the "anarchist stuff brewing". lol

  2. #212
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    What about the people who are brought up thinking it is ok to murder? They're just doing what they know, right?

  3. #213
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Oh man
    http://gawker.com/5969933/argument-o...nds-in-gunfire

    Argument Over Sandy Hook Shooting Ends in Gunfire
    Robert Kessler
    An eastern Missouri man is charged with armed criminal action and unlawful possession of a weapon after shooting at a fellow barber shop patron during a discussion about last week's mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

    The tale is confusing and bizarre, but serves as a sad commentary about this country's gun culture. According to the Associated Press, a patron at the All Cuts Barber Shop in Wentzville, Mo. remarked Tuesday that he wanted to kill the suspect, Adam Lanza — who is already dead. Somehow, inexplicably, 57-year-old Lester Davis was offended and took the comment as a threat, asking, "You want to murder me?"

    Police say Davis then went to his car, got a pistol and fired three shots at the unnamed customer. Fortunately no one was injured.

    Davis turned himself in to police. He remains in jail on $400,000 bond.

  4. #214
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    My favorite thing is when jackstraw shuts down an argument because it doesn't fit into his narrowly defined construct.

    Beware of the "anarchist stuff brewing". lol
    Wait a tick, do you really not comprehend the difference between killing and murder?

    And as far as narrowly defined construct, its' others who were doing it with this whole mental illness thing.

    And who are you addressing here? Is there a peanut gallery you are trying to get support from?


    You are, in fact, an anarchist. You are unabashedly so. It's tedious. You started getting yourself going with your black panther post in the other thread so I already hear it coming. Look at what you're doing here. It's seemed from the context of your post that you were about to try to justify murder on the basis of socio-economics or something.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 12-19-2012 at 02:43 PM.

  5. #215
    Member saranater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    yes they are mentally ill if they are murdering.

    If you're trying to paint them as soldiers who are killing out of a necessity then there now starts to become a distiction (unless the individual enjoys doing it).

    You guys aren't understanding what murder means.

    EDIT: please don't respond to this. I smell your anarchist stuff brewing.
    You aren't understanding what mental illness means.

    Using the term mental illness to describe any person's state of mind when they do something horrible is no better than using the term "gay" to describe things that you don't like. The terminology is wrong and its offensive.

  6. #216
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Yes, I am drumming up support and waiting to unleash anarchist idealogies upon you to support my argument. BEWARE jackstraw.

    I absolutely comprehend the difference between murder and killing. I don't think you know very much about mental illness.

    Try to stay on topic. The black panthers comment in that other thread was relevant to that thread. I never brought up anarchism but you're all flustered at the mere smell of any of its ideologies. I also wasn't getting into some socio ecenomic argument.

    If a gang member is killing and he views it as work or what he needs to do to make money, he isn't mentally ill. Your argument is ridiculous. Stick to the discussion and stop trying to shut down an argument before you even hear it.
    Last edited by faxman75; 12-19-2012 at 02:50 PM.

  7. #217
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Yes, I am drumming up support and waiting to unleash anarchist idealogies upon you to support my argument. BEWARE jackstraw.

    I absolutely comprehend the difference between murder and killing. I don't think you know very much about mental illness.
    How about sociopath? I don't think you'd admit that either.

    Do you not even hear yourself telling me I don't understand mental illness immediately after appealing to your peanut gallery about how I am guilty of rejecting what doesn't suit my narrow definitions?

    But I shouldn't be shocked I suppose. To suggest that the capacity to commit cold blooded murder is not a symptom if an illness, a mental one, a display of severe sociopathy, is the ridiculous.

    I'm the only actually giving humanity the fairest shake here. You seem to believe that people who are in full control of normal mental faculties can commit murder naturally. If murder were a natural, normal impulse, social animals could not evolve. There are actually studies that suggest this. Humans, other primates, and many many other types of animals have developed capacity to control impulses, Humans combine this with a unique capacity to perceive emotions of others (empathy)

    Loss of control of these things IS abnormal.


    Youd rather simply be argumentative by grasping to semantics.

    I'll bet in your view murdering whitey is completely normal.

  8. #218
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by saranater View Post
    You aren't understanding what mental illness means.

    Using the term mental illness to describe any person's state of mind when they do something horrible is no better than using the term "gay" to describe things that you don't like. The terminology is wrong and its offensive.
    your analogizing the term "gay" convinces me that you have absolutely nothing interesting to say on this subject.

  9. #219
    Member saranater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    You really don't understand how the example relates?


    Really?


    Wow.

  10. #220
    Member saranater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    How about sociopath? I don't think you'd admit that either.

    Do you not even hear yourself telling me I don't understand mental illness immediately after appealing to your peanut gallery about how I am guilty of rejecting what doesn't suit my narrow definitions?

    But I shouldn't be shocked I suppose. To suggest that the capacity to commit cold blooded murder is not a symptom if an illness, a mental one, a display of severe sociopathy, is the ridiculous.

    I'm the only actually giving humanity the fairest shake here. You seem to believe that people who are in full control of normal mental faculties can commit murder naturally. If murder were a natural, normal impulse, social animals could not evolve. There are actually studies that suggest this. Humans, other primates, and many many other types of animals have developed capacity to control impulses, Humans combine this with a unique capacity to perceive emotions of others (empathy)

    Loss of control of these things IS abnormal.


    Youd rather simply be argumentative by grasping to semantics.

    I'll bet in your view murdering whitey is completely normal.
    Abnormal is not synonymous with mental illness. Having one symptom or displaying one behaviour related to a mental illness does not mean a person has mental illness.

  11. #221
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by saranater View Post
    Abnormal is not synonymous with mental illness. Having one symptom or displaying one behaviour related to a mental illness does not mean a person has mental illness.
    STFU, psychopath. I don't care what you read on a blog that somehow suggests murderers are normal people

  12. #222
    Member saranater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    STFU, psychopath. I don't care what you read on a blog that somehow suggests murderers are normal people

    Good point. You've won this argument.

  13. #223

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    also an act, acted out spontaneously due to stress or anger, does not constitute mental illness.
    this is where you come to have the plea "temporary insanity"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

  14. #224
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    also an act, acted out spontaneously due to stress or anger, does not constitute mental illness.
    this is where you come to have the plea "temporary insanity"
    temporary insanity is a bullshit concept.

    This idiot was trying to suggest that very few mass murderers are "mentally ill". Are they all just chronically temporarily insane?

  15. #225
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,429

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut



    Can we not keep at least one place open for cherishing the lost? There's another thread for this. The title may stand based on board tradition, but you all can practice a little self control.

  16. #226
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,179

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    If a gang member is killing and he views it as work or what he needs to do to make money, he isn't mentally ill. Your argument is ridiculous. Stick to the discussion and stop trying to shut down an argument before you even hear it.
    I'd disagree with this, especially in the context of gang members. Increasing amounts of work with former gang members in prison as well as young people raised in gang-ridden areas is showing that many of the people associated with gang-related killing work suffer from severe PTSD, even before they commit a murder. Just because they don't have dementia or schizophrenia or other more easy-to-spot mental illnesses doesn't mean there isn't something going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  17. #227
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,429

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut


  18. #228
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I'd disagree with this, especially in the context of gang members. Increasing amounts of work with former gang members in prison as well as young people raised in gang-ridden areas is showing that many of the people associated with gang-related killing work suffer from severe PTSD, even before they commit a murder. Just because they don't have dementia or schizophrenia or other more easy-to-spot mental illnesses doesn't mean there isn't something going on.
    he's a reckless anarchist. trying to pick humanity out of him is a fruitless endeavor

  19. #229

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    temporary insanity is a bullshit concept.

    This idiot was trying to suggest that very few mass murderers are "mentally ill". Are they all just chronically temporarily insane?
    jack straw breath....
    in out in out.

    temporary insanity is not bullshit ill explain.
    lets say you walk in on your spouse doing the dirty and cheating on you.
    you see red and beat this guy to shit.
    thats temporary insanity.
    you went insane with rage and beat a man.
    now this is incomparable to the tragedy we face now but its a temporary insanity example.

    a mentally ill person is someone who cannot cognitively think like you and me, i would venture to say most massacres are not committed by mentally ill people but rather people who simply cant comprehend the value of life. this in and of it self, while fucked up, isnt a mental illness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

  20. #230
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    oh now I get it. If you're really mad, it's OK.

  21. #231
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    he's a reckless anarchist. trying to pick humanity out of him is a fruitless endeavor
    You've got me figured. Well done. I'm reckless and I have no empathy. I only defend black people and excuse their crimes based on their socioecenomic status.

    Any other arguments you want to pretend I made or are we done here?

  22. #232
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Who would of thunk, the answers to all the worlds problems are being discussed on the Coachella message board. Well done, folks.

  23. #233
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,533

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    i have PTSD, no guns for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  24. #234
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    When I attended Boy Scout camp when I was a kid, I refused to shoot guns at the firing range. They made me do extra work because of my refusal. Guns have always been a part of our macho society, and they start by encouraging boys to shoot guns. For what purpose?

  25. #235
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,239

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Probably to teach hunting. I never did Boy Scouts but I don't think they have you practice shooting as a form of self defense.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

  26. #236
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,429

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut


  27. #237
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Choked up a little.. Thanks for keeping this thread somewhat positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  28. #238

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    weak minds always let cognitive dissonance keep them from grasping this concept.
    Kind of like how people who can't get on airplanes will drive every day of their lives.
    Some people just don't like planes. Something wrong with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    If the vet whoever made that terrible meme paid more attention in school, he would've most likely been more than a grunt in life.

    Lets get a bunch of guys who look forward to titties/beer and halo to guard our children with automatic weapons.

    YEAH.
    Nice generalizing bro
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  29. #239
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    You've got me figured. Well done. I'm reckless and I have no empathy. I only defend black people and excuse their crimes based on their socioecenomic status.

    Any other arguments you want to pretend I made or are we done here?
    I've pretended nothing, you've pretty much said everything I've ever accused you of saying. I've seen you attempt to justify violence in the past. This attempt to rationalize murder here is just icing on top. But you're all academic, there's hope for you yet. I don't think you're stupid, just a bit nuts for now.

  30. #240
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,413

    Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Some people just don't like planes. Something wrong with that?
    The point was cognitive dissonance. That people will engage in inherently riskier activities believing them to be safer, while believing at their core that statistically safer activities are actually more dangerous.
    Although for some the issue may not be cognitive dissonance, but perhaps an inability comprehend figures large enough to represent the real odds. Or they have fantasies of being in complete control of all potential scenarios. ya know. idiots.

    Thus: regardless of how many stats pile up suggesting that more guns is correlated with more violence, they insist that the answer to violence is more guns.

Similar Threads

  1. It's raining Canadian songstresses with famous kids.
    By sonofhal in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 07:21 PM
  2. Have Fun, Kids!
    By Amneeziac in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 05:44 PM
  3. It's raining disemboweled kids
    By gaypalmsprings in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 05:27 PM
  4. Its Raining School Kids .... Grrrrrrrrrrr
    By canexplain in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •