Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: It's raining kids in Connecticut

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: It's raining kids in Connecticut

Well technically I haven't bought any since 2007.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Despite what it may say on the canister, parmesan cheese never goes bad nor does it require refrigeration.
    All respect I once had for you is now gone due to the revelation that you buy canned parmesan.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    So mom wasn't necessarily stable either...and she trained her kids to shoot while preparing for social and ecenomic doom.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8422298.html

The mother of Adam Lanza, the gunman who killed 20 children and six adults in one of America’s worst ever school massacres, was a “survivalist” preparing for economic and social collapse, it has emerged.

According to reports, Nancy Lanza was a so-called 'prepper', a part of the survivalist movement which urges individuals to prepare for the breakdown of society by training with weapons and hoarding food and other supplies.

“She prepared for the worst,” her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told the Chicago Sun-Times.

“Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping – are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

Marsha Lanza described Nancy as 'self-reliant' and said she repeatedly talked about her preparations for the economic and social meltdown.

It has also emerged that Mrs Lanza had spoken of her fears about her son Adam's behaviour less than a week before the attack.

According to reports she told a friend that she feared "losing" her son", that his state of mind was "getting worse" and that "she was having trouble reaching him".

It has also been reported than Adam Lanza's social awkwardness had caused so much concern at his high school that he was assigned a psychologist.

Police have said Mrs Lanza, 52, owned five legally registered guns, three of which her son carried with him.

Mrs Lanza is thought to have trained her sons, Adam and Ryan to shoot, even taking them to local ranges.

Friends and family have portrayed Mrs Lanza as a paranoid ‘survivalist’ who believed the world was on the brink of violent collapse.

Despite initial reports that she was a kindergarten teacher at the school her son attacked, she had no connection with it and was described by a neighbour as ‘a stay-at-home mom’.

Today's reports come amid growing calls for President Barack Obama to take action over gun controls.

Diane Feinstein, a Democrat Senator, has announced that she will introduce a bill to ban assault weapons when congress opens next month.

New York Mayor, Michael Bloomberg, a known supporter of tighter gun laws, yesterday called on the President to "stand up and lead", in the ongoing debate.

On a visit to Newtown last night, President Obama vowed to use “whatever power” his office holds to prevent “more tragedies likes this.”

As Newtown prepares for the first funerals of victims of the shooting further details emerged about the attack.

According to some reports Adam Lanza killed a complete class of six and seven-year-olds, along with their teacher.

The chief medical examiner for Connecticut, Dr H Wayne Carver, said the injuries to the children were the worst he had seen in his career, with some of the victims having been shot 11 times.
    aren't we supposed to not talk about the shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Honestly, for their own safety the WBC might want to stay away from this one. I don't think violence answering violence is the answer, but these parents must feel like they have absolutely nothing to lose right now, and if some asshole is going to be in some dad's face at the funeral for his dead child, saying that she deserved it and it was a blessing from god that they were killed, what's to stop him from taking out his anger on one of these protesters and seriously hurting/killing one of them? You'd think they'd try and control themselves but nobody knows how much these people are hurting right now.
    Have you entertained the possibility that the WBC value their message over their own earthly lives?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Have you entertained the possibility that the WBC value their message over their own earthly lives?
    Maybe I would if they weren't so litigious.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    They are true Christians in every sense of the word.

I figure half the population (women) can say "WTF men" but half of us men can say "WTF 20 something men" grrr cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Has your brain completely cannibalized itself or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Oh those twentysomethings with their techno music and ecstacy drugs and mass killing sprees.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Gotta have something to do once you come down.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

What if they have undiagnosed PTSD? Just one of many problems with this...

Coachella Junkie

Unempolyeed.

Hey, little Billy, I would love to protect you today. Come sit on my lap.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Putting armed guards in elementary schools will undoubtedly increase their overall odds of being hurt by guns.
    Similar to the fact that having a gun in your house increases the odds of being shot.

weak minds always let cognitive dissonance keep them from grasping this concept.
    Kind of like how people who can't get on airplanes will drive every day of their lives.

If the vet whoever made that terrible meme paid more attention in school, he would've most likely been more than a grunt in life.

Lets get a bunch of guys who look forward to titties/beer and halo to guard our children with automatic weapons.

YEAH.

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    Sorry, my friend, many, if not all countries in the world have their own contingent of people with mental issues. But unlike in the United States, they do not have (relatively) easy access to legally or illegally acquired guns.
    Not everyone who is a mass murderer has a mental illness. One study investigating young adult mass murderers revealed that only 23% had had a lifetime diagnosis of a mental illness, and only 6% were psychotic at the time of the incident. Its easy to suggest that someone who would do something so horrible must be "mentally ill", but just because we can't relate or understand why a person did what they did does not make them mentally ill. And suggesting this only perpetuates stigma against the mentally ill.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

who is releasing this shit?

god, these kids actually exist, they aren't television characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by saranater View Post
    Not everyone who is a mass murderer has a mental illness. One study investigating young adult mass murderers revealed that only 23% had had a lifetime diagnosis of a mental illness, and only 6% were psychotic at the time of the incident. Its easy to suggest that someone who would do something so horrible must be "mentally ill", but just because we can't relate or understand why a person did what they did does not make them mentally ill. And suggesting this only perpetuates stigma against the mentally ill.
    fuck the mentally ill.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

You have a very narrow and useless definition of "mentally ill".
    Mass-murder is undoubtedly the most obvious sign of a sociopath. It's kind of hilarious that you would dismiss mental illness. Even if it was a momentary loss of faculties, it's still bad wiring.

If the default mental state is "don't kill people" (and it is, whether you believe it's taught by evolution or god) then someone who doesn't prescribe to that philosophy is mentally ill, regardless of whether the particular symptoms he displays match some clinical definition of an identified mental illness.

The brain is not fully defined by some text book.

If you're worried about a stigma against traditional mental-illness, or vague ones like schizophrenia. Well sorry bro, it's gonna happen. If the stigma you're worried about is that even a mildly mentally ill person has a harder time getting a gun. Well that's just life. Sometimes the lot you drew isn't cosmically fair, but for everyone's safety there have to be some obvious rules.

Would you worry about a stigma against legally blind people that prevented them from getting a drivers license?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    You have a very narrow and useless definition of "mentally ill".
    Mass-murder is undoubtedly the most obvious sign of a sociopath. It's kind of hilarious that you would dismiss mental illness. Even if it was a momentary loss of faculties, it's still bad wiring.

If the default mental state is "don't kill people" (and it is, whether you believe it's taught by evolution or god) then someone who doesn't prescribe to that philosophy is mentally ill, regardless of whether the particular symptoms he displays match some clinical definition of an identified mental illness.

The brain is not fully defined by some text book.

If you're worried about a stigma against traditional mental-illness, or vague ones like schizophrenia. Well sorry bro, it's gonna happen. If the stigma you're worried about is that even a mildly mentally ill person has a harder time getting a gun. Well that's just life. Sometimes the lot you drew isn't cosmically fair, but for everyone's safety there have to be some obvious rules.

Would you worry about a stigma against legally blind people that prevented them from getting a drivers license?
    I subscribe to the technical, medical and scientific definition of "mentally ill", as described by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders, rather than the definition created and perpetuated by mass media and ignorance.

Mass-murder can be a "symptom" of sociopathy/psychopathy, but its by no means required. Psychopathy is defined by a lack of empathy, lack of remorse, shallow affect, superficial charm, manipulativeness... yes, some psychopaths murder others. Some dont. Some non-psychopaths murder as well.

My concern has nothing to do with mildly mentally ill people and their access to guns. My concern is with perpetuating the stigma that only mentally ill people could possibly do these types of horrible things... because it is wholly untrue. "Faulty wiring" is not synonymous with "mental illness".

I subscribe to the technical, medical and scientific definition of "mentally ill", as described by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders, rather than the definition created and perpetuated by mass media and ignorance.

Mass-murder can be a "symptom" of sociopathy/psychopathy, but its by no means required. Psychopathy is defined by a lack of empathy, lack of remorse, shallow affect, superficial charm, manipulativeness... yes, some psychopaths murder others. Some dont. Some non-psychopaths murder as well.

My concern has nothing to do with mildly mentally ill people and their access to guns. My concern is with perpetuating the stigma that only mentally ill people could possibly do these types of horrible things... because it is wholly untrue. "Faulty wiring" is not synonymous with "mental illness".

you're not getting it.
    If you murder someone in cold blood (and probably even in a fit of passion), you necessarily lack the empathy and/or impulse control to successfully integrate with society.
    You have a mental illness. It doesn't matter if you've never displayed any symptoms in your little "manual".
    The statement "some non-psychopaths murder" is nonsensical.

murder IS a symptom of mental illness.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i'm assuming we're using "murder" in a sense that doesn't include self-defense?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Jesus Christ Jack, this is going to go down in history as one of your silliest days ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

so you took one psychology class at your school and now you're an expert on the subject. got it.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    so you took one psychology class at your school and now you're an expert on the subject. got it.
    A few more than one and I've been reading (scientific) journal articles on mass murderers nonstop since this happened. Not just reading the news and forming ignorant opinions like most...

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Jesus Christ Jack, this is going to go down in history as one of your silliest days ever.
    This would imply that you do not think murder is a symptom of mental illness.

Got it. That's not silly at all.

VigoTheCarpathian

mental illness is a word. murder is a human tradition.

Good work everybody. Problems solved.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    This would imply that you do not think murder is a symptom of mental illness.

Got it. That's not silly at all.
    How do gang members who murder to protect commerce fit into your mold? Is there a distinction or do only the mentally ill gang members murder?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    How do gang members who murder to protect commerce fit into your mold? Is there a distinction or do only the mentally ill gang members murder?
    yes they are mentally ill if they are murdering.

If you're trying to paint them as soldiers who are killing out of a necessity then there now starts to become a distiction (unless the individual enjoys doing it).

You guys aren't understanding what murder means.

EDIT: please don't respond to this. I smell your anarchist stuff brewing.