Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Features Do You Wish The Coachella App Had?

Default Re: What Features Do You Wish The Coachella App Had?

GPS for the parking lot/campgrounds would be beyond amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Maybe its just me, but the only thing I care to know about while I'm at Coachella is the current time/set times....and I have a booklet that has set times for that every reason. The only useful thing I can think of is an alarm system to alert you to go to the next set in case you lost track of what time it was and/or where you were.
    No, it's not just you.
    I agree with maybe having something to remind you of a set/ stage time for something you must see, but to wander around with your head bowed down all day checking your phone for shit like crowd size and set ratings? Helloooo, you can't see ahead of you that there are a lot of fucking people?

If anything, I wouldn't mind an app for undercover radar detection that would tell you if it's safe to light up without fear of being tackled to the ground over one bud. Green means, "GO, it's cool." Yellow would warn you of potential for bustage, and Red pretty much tells you you'd be a stupid ass for even thinking about it. If it's flashing, then you were stupid enough and probably shouldn't own a phone yet.

Double Rainbow Pee, What Does This Mean? Urine Teller App Can Help!

Oh My God! Oh My God!
    The other day we were taking a leak … it was a full on double rainbow piss … all the way! The colors of our pee were so intense … whoa … so bright, so vivid! Oh My God!
    But as we finished our business and took one last look at our full on double rainbow in the urinal … we were left saddened and confused. Our double rainbow piss … what does this mean?
    Looking back on our emotional pissing experience, we sure could’ve used the Urine Teller app to help answer our existential question … what does this mean?
    Surprisingly (well – not really), Urine Teller is the only application in the App Store which helps you analyze the color of your pee. Just match the color of your wizz to the corresponding color strip … and you’ll be instantly informed to what it means.
    Hmmm … so the Urine Teller process would go something like this …
    Whip it out – Take a piss – Shake, Shake, Shake (no more than 3 times please) – Put it back – Whip out iPhone – Place near urine – Examine urine – Match urine color to iPhone – Be informed.
    Urine Teller app … sure, why not? (don’t answer that – rhetorical question)

grindr integration would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

old school

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I agree with maybe having something to remind you of a set/ stage time for something you must see, but to wander around with your head bowed down all day checking your phone for shit like crowd size and set ratings? Helloooo, you can't see ahead of you that there are a lot of fucking people?
    I've always thought the video screens were under utilized between sets. Usually it's just the Coachella logo or a blurry shot of the Ferris wheel lights.

Notes about current set times or what stages run on time. If a stage is way over crowded they could throw it up on the screen at another tent.

so then did the 2013 work out better than the 2012 one? I actually used it this year. so that was a + for me.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I actually used it this year also, but I think it had more to do with me being an idiot and losing my pocket schedule every day...as long as it has set times then its useful enough for me...

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    A way to let people add a live setlist.
    Ooh, just had a thought: incorporate Shazam (or a feature that works like it) so you can just hold your phone up and have the song added to a set list automatically. Obviously only works if the song is already known on the internet, but still, for obsessive-compulsive nerds like me, that would be pretty helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

I don't see the point in integrating that into the app. You can use Shazam if you want, trying to wrap an already pretty serious application inside the Coachella App would be a little nutty.

I managed to actually get the app to load a couple of times just to investigate the features. I dunno, maybe because I've been going for so long a lot of the options don't seem to be worth a damn to me and the battery consumption is problematic.

I want a photo gallery where you can upload pictures and assign them to each art installation, each set at each stage, etc. Would be interesting to have it integrated with an Augmented Reality setup at each art install (just as an example) where you could walk up and scan the AR symbol on that art piece and have it load the gallery of all the pictures people had uploaded of that piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Does the app give notifications when a stage is running late or if there is a no show/cancellation.

the stage manager communicating that info to the people that could send the notification for the app would be a challenge to do but possible. like in a dream world possible.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Twitter feeds would be more efficient.

Just downloaded the app and I see there is a Twitter feed which would make schedule announcements easier but downside no alerts (doesn't seem to work on my device right now but probably due to twitter's recent API changes).

PF take a look at Webstagram which could be a useful tab on 'news and social.' It populates a feed of all user's posted Instagram photos based on a predetermined hashtag (#coachella2014). Not an essential feature but adds value and should be easy enough to implement.

To be fair, Coachella really hasn't had much of an issue with bands running late the last couple of years. And I did get a text alert when Richie Hawtin rescheduled on weekend 1.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Who did it come from? Who should i give my persinal information to so future updates come my way?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

And yes, text would be preferable to the app for updates like that. Keeping data on at the fest drains my battery something awful.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Who did it come from? Who should i give my persinal information to so future updates come my way?
    It was an app notification. It wasn't a text message to my phone.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

That's actually nice--so wait, the App used your Coachooser settings to send you text messages about bands you coachoosed being delayed? Dani, can you confirm that was an intentional feature? That's pretty good.

I still say twitter feed for each stage.

There is a notifications feed with some schedule updates like Hawtins and MJC new times. Looks like it wasn't used heavily but I assume that is where the push alerts came from, not from bands you coachoosed.

PF how about a .ics schedule export of the bands you choose. That way people who don't want to drain their phones can still get alerts when bands are about to start from their device's calendar client even in airplane mode.

Notification when bathrooms have been cleaned.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    That's actually nice--so wait, the App used your Coachooser settings to send you text messages about bands you coachoosed being delayed? Dani, can you confirm that was an intentional feature? That's pretty good.
    I'm not sure if it used my Coachooser or if it just sent an alert ot everyone. I know Rick got the alert too. I just remember an alert popping up on the front of my phone that said "Richie Hawtin will be in the Yuma tent on Sunday" or something to that effect. What it didn't do is tell everyone that Richie had cancelled on Saturday.