Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Sandy Benefit 12.12.12 worldwide live stream CHAT thread

Default Re: Sandy Benefit 12.12.12 worldwide live stream CHAT thread

Over 200... that was my point exactly. It surprised the hell out of me too. But it's cool, I expected to get shit for that one...

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't seen many shows.
    i'm guessing u haven't seen Foo live. I'm not a fan of their music (even the early stuff that Dave went back in the studio and redid the drum tracks himself). But they were impressive live. I was surprised. I don't want them anywhere near the polo though.

As for the Stones, i guess they are live on ppv tomorrow, so it kinda makes sense why they only played two songs..

Kanye West is the only performer not to appear on the '12-12-12' album

I never saw his performance but let's take a guess...

A) Kanye is a perfectionist and was not completely satisified with the finished product

B) A 13-song medley does not make sense to include on any compilation album

C) A 13-song medley requires a great deal of sample clearances and ultimately it was too big a task given the tight timeline

D) None of the above

Kanye West may have been the only male performer who was wearing a skirt at the "12-12-12" Concert for Hurricane Sandy relief last week, but that probably isn't the reason why he's the only musical performer not featured on the album of the event. Even special guests Michael Stipe, Eddie Vedder and comic Adam Sandler are represented.

Representatives for West, his label, and Clear Channel's John Sykes (who co-produced the concert with Madison Square Garden CEO James Dolan and Weinstein Company co-chairman Harvey Weinstein) had not responded to Billboard's requests for comment at press time, or declined comment. A representative for Columbia, which is distributing the album, said that the label was unable to comment on the track listing.
    '12-12-12' Concert Watched by 19 Million-Plus Americans
    A different source told Billboard that the decision not to participate came from West's camp, but was not able to clarify whether that was for personal, legal or other reasons.

Two other sources speculated that given West's perfectionism where his music is concerned, it's likely that he wasn't happy with the performance.
    '12-12-12' Producer John Sykes on Show's Boomer-riffic Lineup, Raising $36 Mil
    It's possible that the format of West's performance -- a long 13-song medley with multiple samples -- caused legal challenges that couldn't be resolved in time to make the digital release date, but a publishing source said that probably was not the case, given the scale of the project.

"12-12-12 The Concert for Sandy Relief" was released digitally on Tuesday and is currently projected to sell between 125,000 and 150,000 units in its first week. The 2-CD physical version is scheduled for release next month.
    http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indus...08058922.story

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.