Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little Wild (aka my band's new name)

Default Little Wild (aka my band's new name)

So, for a number of reasons, my band decided to change it's name and we are now Little Wild. Our first full length album should be released in February, (so to those who contributed to our kickstarter, you will be getting all that we promised you soon) and we are very excited about it.

For now, you can listen to our first single "Steep" here. Also included is our cover of Barrett Strong's "Money.

I will keep this short and sweet, but big things are coming for the band in 2013 and I appreciate the huge amount of support the board has given the band in the past. There will be lots more music coming from us soon, and hopefully all of you will be able to see us next summer on our (anticipated but very far from being confirmed) full NA tour.

Those of you in L.A. though, you will be able to see the band MUCH sooner.

Little Wild December 2012 Tour

Dec. 13 - Whisky A Go Go (Doors at 6:00pm - Little Wild on @ 10:00pm - $15)
    8901 West Sunset Boulevard West Hollywood, CA
    Dec. 14 - Formosa Cafe (Doors 6:00pm - Little Wild on @ 7:45pm - $ by donation)
    7156 Santa Monica Boulevard West Hollywood, CA
    Dec. 15 - Repro-Ductions Studio (Doors 8:00pm - Little Wild on @ ? - $5-must RSVP in advance)
    15225 Stagg Street, Van Nuys, CA

Hope to see some of you this week! And hopefully you all enjoy our new tunes as well. I feel we have matured a lot as a band and I hope the new songs, combined with the new name, reflect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: Little Wild (aka my band's new name)

Wow, you found an even worse name. Dude, why don't you bring these conversations onto the board first? The only thing less memorable than Rags to Radio is making yourself one of the 20 musical acts that start with "Little," like five of which then have a second word that starts with W.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

You are the first person to tell us they are not a fan of the new name, but thats cool. I can't expect everyone to like it. I think it is a far better name than Rags To Radio. What other bands start with "Little" and have a second word that starts with "W"?

Also, what did you think of the songs?
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

My favorite band, Little Wayne, for one.

but there is Little Wing, which is the first thing I thought when I saw the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Get a black singer and call yourselves Lil Wing

I was wondering how long it was going to take for somebody else to provide the answer. They're still pronounced the same, dbags. Anybody announcing your shit on the radio is still going to go, "Oh, an eighth band with that name."
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I can't expect everyone to like it.
    Does anyone like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

but there is Little Wing, which is the first thing I thought when I saw the name.
    Same here.

Little Dragon still has managed to have a career in spite of Little Richard. And I've yet to confused Little Feat for Little Boots or Little Brother.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

I just confused all of those with all of those. Except Little Richard. And frankly, the first time I read that I thought to myself, "What's Shakespeare got to do with this?" No shit.

I'm not a big fan of the name, but I wish you all success and I hope to get a chance to see you this summer.

I have never heard of this band, but this band name makes me think of Jimi Hendrix. So, because that band name makes me think of a different artist, it must be a bad band name.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I was wondering how long it was going to take for somebody else to provide the answer. They're still pronounced the same, dbags. Anybody announcing your shit on the radio is still going to go, "Oh, an eighth band with that name."
    Well, I am glad you think we have the potential for radio play, Randy. That may have been an unintentional compliment, but I will take it. Also, I highly doubt anybody will be confusing us with Little Dragon, Little Boots, or Lil' Wayne. I wouldn't mind being confused with Little Richard though. Maybe the band should cover one of his songs to add to the confusion. That may actually be kind of fun.

... I ALREADY have you confused with Little Dragon and Little Boots. Who the fuck are you again? Where do I know you from?

We are that synth pop band with an asian singer. Or a white singer. Not sure which. Either way, we are probably Scandinavian.

You're making jokes but this isn't a joke. Pretend I'm, oh, EVERYONE except the 100 people on this board who know what you look like:

We have no fucking clue who you are. We hear about hundreds of bands a week. Why the fuck would you go out of your way to name yourself something that several other acts have already done? What the fuck is it even supposed to mean?

Are you living in LA right now Randy? If so, I would actually love to discuss this in person. I didn't start this thread to argue with you though. I started it to make people here aware of the band name change, and to let people know we have some new music out there.

But seriously, if you are out in LA, lets talk about this.

I am. Sure, I'll meet up and discuss it in person as long as I don't have to stay and watch Little Feet. =)

Oh dammit, Little Feet was what I meant when I wrote Little Wing.

SEE MOTHERFUCKER.

Lil' Wang.

Not actively trying to be a dick here, but it really is kind of a terrible name that makes one think "Oh good, another boring indie band." It also kind of comes off as though it refers to some kind of inside joke that doesn't translate when presented as just a band name. Although to be fair, most bands, even good ones, are terrible at coming up with good names for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

For what it's worth, Josh, I like the name better than Rags to Radio. You are, however, setting yourself up to potentially confuse people.

The song is good. You guys have improved a ton since the last time I heard your stuff. Nice work.

VigoTheCarpathian

Oh dammit, Little Feet was what I meant when I wrote Little Wing.
    Little Wings were very good. Kyle Field. You don't here anything out of him these days do you?

what kind mic did you use for the vocals on Money? I like that tone a lot if you don't mind me asking
    Shannon and the Clams - The Chapel - SF Feb 1st
    DJ Shadow (DJ set) - The Independent - SF Feb 22
    TOOL - Bill Graham Civic - SF March 12th
    Sleep - Cocoanut Grove - Santa Cruz March 22nd
    Neutral Milk Hotel - The Fox Oakland - Oakland April 9th
    The Knife - The Fox Oakland - Oakland April 16th

Just run your vocals through an amp with some distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    For what it's worth, Josh, I like the name better than Rags to Radio. You are, however, setting yourself up to potentially confuse people.

The song is good. You guys have improved a ton since the last time I heard your stuff. Nice work.
    All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Although to be fair, most bands, even good ones, are terrible at coming up with good names for themselves.
    I had this discussion with someone the other day. Most bands have terrible names. There are a very small amount of bands with great, or even good names. The best you can really do is choose name that is applicable to your sound.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post

Thanks Andrew. We felt that the name Rags To Radio was making it hard for a lot of people to take us seriously, so that, along with a number of other reasons, made us decide to change our name. We felt pretty much anything was going to be better.

Glad you like the tracks too!

Quote Originally Posted by seyrnon View Post
    what kind mic did you use for the vocals on Money? I like that tone a lot if you don't mind me asking
    We actually got a friend to re-wire and old telephone receiver and ran the vocals through there. We use that mic a couple times on the album. Or, you can do what Andrew suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I am. Sure, I'll meet up and discuss it in person as long as I don't have to stay and watch Little Feet. =)
    You live near West Hollywood? Maybe sometime between soundcheck and our show on the 13th at Whisky we can grab coffee or a beer. Let me know.

I'll come out to a NYC gig no matter what you guys are calling yourselves by the time you make it here.

Was there any concern about changing your name so soon after the high profile gig at Pop Montreal?
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Randy is just upset you didn't call yourselves Little Wang.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.