Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: edc vs tomorrowland?

Default Re: edc vs tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I would never expect anyone to not take a paying gig, regardless of the promoter.
    LOL....this is just funny...

Taste is subjective, i get that, but just because they throw a giant event such as EDC doesn't mean it's good. It just means a lot of idiots are willing to waste their parent's money on shit like that. Also they book essentially the same shit year after year. How many incarnations of Swedish House Mafia can they really get before people start to get tired of it?
    Just because you think most of the music is cheesy or shitty doesn't mean it makes it a bad event, maybe in your eyes, but objectively speaking...also you're only mentioning one aspect of the event which is the lineup and yeah that may be what you and some people only care about but there are a lot of people who care about other things.

If you don't like it then don't go...you're posts are pretty pathetic just repeatedly hating on them when you know a ton of people enjoy them, you're unable to and that makes you feel uncomfortable or something so you have to try to insult others for enjoying them?

fuck off, you're literally some nobody and you haven't said anything that shows that you have more knowledge of event production than any common person, so your opinion isn't weighted more than anyone else's. stay bitter, Richie would probably laugh in your face at the shit you're saying

also..you realize that coachella has also had every incarnation of swedish house mafia as well right? I don't think you could have picked a worse example to try to show what makes insomniac's booking particularly shitty
    Last edited by nick5745; 12-10-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    Just because you think most of the music is cheesy or shitty doesn't mean it makes it a bad event, maybe in your eyes, but objectively speaking...also you're only mentioning one aspect of the event which is the lineup and yeah that may be what you and some people only care about but there are a lot of people who care about other things.
    i never said the "event" was bad. but if i'm going to travel across the country then i need a lineup that actually provides a good value for my dollar. you do realize that for anyone that has to travel for an event such as edc needs something more than the fact that "it's just there" to justify any expenses towards attending, right?

If you don't like it then don't go...you're posts are pretty pathetic just repeatedly hating on them when you know a ton of people enjoy them, you're unable to and that makes you feel uncomfortable or something so you have to try to insult others for enjoying them?

fuck off, you're literally some nobody and you haven't said anything that shows that you have more knowledge of event production than any common person, so your opinion isn't weighted more than anyone else's. stay bitter, Richie would probably laugh in your face at the shit you're saying
    It's humorous that you think I would care what Richie Hawtin, or any artist for that matter, thinks about how I feel about certain events.

also..you realize that coachella has also had every incarnation of swedish house mafia as well right? I don't think you could have picked a worse example to try to show what makes insomniac's booking particularly shitty
    Coachella doesn't book the exact same artists year after year. Sure they book some shit acts, but they also book a ton of good artists as well. Also, if you look at any of the past Coachella lineups, the good far outweighs the bad.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

i never said the "event" was bad. but if i'm going to travel across the country then i need a lineup that actually provides a good value for my dollar. you do realize that for anyone that has to travel for an event such as edc needs something more than the fact that "it's just there" to justify any expenses towards attending, right?

It's humorous that you think I would care what Richie Hawtin, or any artist for that matter, thinks about how I feel about certain events.

Coachella doesn't book the exact same artists year after year. Sure they book some shit acts, but they also book a ton of good artists as well. Also, if you look at any of the past Coachella lineups, the good far outweighs the bad.
    1. No one gives a fuck if you think it's worth it or not
    2. What's more humorous is that you think others care what YOU think about certain events
    3. EDC had arguably more quality electronic acts last year than Coachella did
    4. Most people don't care about repeats in lineup, and there's been enough difference to where I've been able to see totally different people each year, no one's forcing you to stay at the mainstage the whole time

Who's been to agoura hills?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Every day on my way to and from work. Ever hit up Jinkys?

Tomorrowland appears to have all of the mainstream appeal of an EDC but will likely offer a decent slate of house/techno acts of the sort that EDC has never booked. Setting that aside, I'm not sure I see much of a difference between the 2 as far as programming is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    I used to bang a chick in the ass from augoura hills, she had some nice huge titties

I understand that EDC can't be labeled objectively as good or bad as its a matter of opinion. However, since a lot of stupid people go to it, can we say that EDC objectively caters to retards? Does that solve everyone's problem? I only want to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.