Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2108

Thread: Tell Us About 2013 Releases

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: Tell Us About 2013 Releases

it's taken me a few weeks to absorb Primal Scream's new album 'More Light'. the band has had so many phases of their career, usually doing 2 albums then moving on to a new sound. this album collects all those sounds in one place. straight forward rock, trippy instrumentals, experimental, noisey, stones-y. it's a complete cross-section of their career in one album. like a greatest hits album full of original tunes. which is kinda cool, but at the same time, not very original.

many of the songs are pretty darn good. I've been listening to the japanese deluxe edition, which has a total of 21 tracks. some of them, notably those on the second disc, are quite interesting. others would be great if the band didn't have a history, but they do. it's hard to tell whether 2013, the album's lead single, is merely inspired by 2011's Screamadelica anniversary tour, or a vain attempt to recreate that past glory. (the final track on the deluxe edition is even a remix by andrew weatherall.) the same can be said about many of the other songs in reference to other phases of their career.

on the one hand I am delighted to see that they can still produce good music. I was beginning to doubt that after their last two albums. on the other hand I'd rather see them try something new again rather than revisiting the past. I think that their previous effort, as bad as it was, was more credible given that it was an attempt at something new.

having said all that, I think these songs will make a fantastic live show. fingers crossed they will come to the US, though I am not expecting it at all.

This new Sigur Ros album is so beautiful. Very dark and claustrophobic sometimes and then songs like "Yfirborđ" come on and everything is pure bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    He's not like supre, he's a Brooklyn Vegan spam bot.
    You read BV? Why? You must feel so special living in Sunnyvale reading about what's happening in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    This new Sigur Ros album is so beautiful. Very dark and claustrophobic sometimes and then songs like "Yfirborđ" come on and everything is pure bliss.
    Can't wait for my copy to arrive this week!

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Being able to accurately identify someone's bullshit spam posting is not the same thing as actively reading a blog, silly goose.

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Being able to accurately identify someone's bullshit spam posting is not the same thing as actively reading a blog, silly goose.
    Can you identify spam for me? You seem to know everything. So on top of things. I mean you're so...

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Being a weird creepo and reposting a picture of someone that they posted in the Post Your Picture thread in a completely different thread might count as spam. Oh, and hey, it's not even the first time you've done it. Repeatedly doing something counts as spam too, right?

I don't even understand the problem here, I'd imagine anyone not seriously afflicted with Aspergers would take being told that they aren't Supre but are rather a Brooklyn Vegan spam bot for the obvious compliment that it is.

Being a weird creepo and reposting a picture of someone that they posted in the Post Your Picture thread in a completely different thread might count as spam. Oh, and hey, it's not even the first time you've done it. Repeatedly doing something counts as spam too, right?
    lol way to avoid my question. Give me an example of what you're talking about. Yea I don't think people need to see your picture on the internet anyway. Stop posting your shitty blurry picture and then!

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Spooks, tell us about 2013 releases. You're like suprefan - it's all facts and stats but you both are missing the human element entirely.

What have you enjoyed this year? What have you listened to recently that's connected with you?
    Oh, good grief. An example would be everything you've posted in this thread and your unwillingless or inability to actually engage in a dialogue or share about your own personal listening experience, which is expressively what this thread in its inception every year is designed for. You'd rather use this thread, and most of the board as a depository for you to post music-related news. No one's particularly offended by it; everyone is insanely envious of the fact that you live in New York, and many of us shed a few tears before falling asleep at night knowing that we'll never have the connections that you evidently do.

Hey, so Heather and I listened to QoTSA's ...Like Clockwork, and as someone who has never really gotten into that band despite giving it a good college go every now and again, I was really impressed and I look forward to listening to it again in a more focused environment where I'm not chugging wine and stuffing cheese down my throat. This could be the album that finally hooks me onto the band.

I don't even understand the problem here, I'd imagine anyone not seriously afflicted with Aspergers would take being told that they aren't Supre but are rather a Brooklyn Vegan spam bot for the obvious compliment that it is.
    I don't take anything you say as a compliment. Maybe Zack does. BV spam? What does that even mean? You live in California and talking about a blog in New York. Please go on...

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Nope, still don't get it...
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Can you identify spam for me? You seem to know everything. So on top of things. I mean you're so...

Sick burn, dipshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Nope, still don't get it...

I just saw that there is a new Dustin Wong album out, this time with keys, drum machine, and even vocals. I'm really excited to give it a try, and just giving a heads up here because I know several of you liked his full length from last year.
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I don't take anything you say as a compliment. Maybe Zack does. BV spam? What does that even mean? You live in California and talking about a blog in New York. Please go on...
    It means that you constantly post news about tour dates and one-offs in New York to a bunch of people who don't live in New York. BV is a blog that posts about shows in New York, and you are a person who posts about shows in NY. She is being extremely clear and concise Spooks. Also, it was a joke. Nobody thinks you are literally a spambot for BV. Read between the lines here. You are the one is acting weird here.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Has Baths always sang like Sufjan Stevens? I'm listening to the new one now, and I like it, I just don't recall vocals that sound like this from the first album. It's been years since I listened to it, though.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

You guys arent going get through to Spooks unless theres some smiles faces in your sentences.

Trentemoller @ Mezzanine 04/06/14
    The Knife @ The Fox 04/15/14
    Factory Floor @ The Independent 04/16/14
    The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's 04/17/14
    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Has Baths always sang like Sufjan Stevens? I'm listening to the new one now, and I like it, I just don't recall vocals that sound like this from the first album. It's been years since I listened to it, though.
    The vocals were very different on Cerulean. They were much more manipulated and back-mixed, whereas now they're presented in a much more traditional "pop" manner. I do not think he sounds like Sufjan Stevens though, beyond singing in a fairly high register.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

point to where you are located:

April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven
    June 29 - Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Kanye's new album is going to be fucking insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Kanye's new album is going to be fucking insane.
    I love the fact that we're a week away from the album and there's still no single. All I've heard is the material he played on SNL. I don't really know what to expect, but when he says things like, "When I listen to radio, that ain't where I wanna be no more." I can't help but be intrigued.

Also, who else but Kanye could/would bring together Chief Keef and Justin Vernon on the same song?

I guess this is what Metz were talking about. Captain Murphy & Viktor Vaughn track?! This is going to be great

Adult Swim Single Release Schedule
    Week 1 (June 10) – Killer Mike & El-P a.k.a. Run The Jewels
    Week 2 (June 17) – Kitty (produced by Hot Sugar)
    Week 3 (June 24) – Metz
    Week 4 (July 1) – Dan Deacon
    Week 5 (July 8) – Friendzone feat. Mykki Blanco
    Week 6 (July 15) – Autre Ne Veut
    Week 7 (July 22) – Madlib and Freddie Gibbs feat. Karriem Riggins
    Week 8 (July 29) – Mac DeMarco
    Week 9 (August 8) – Lightning Bolt
    Week 10 (August 12) – Lil B
    Week 11 (August 19) – Marnie Stern
    Week 12 (August 26) – Captain Murphy feat. Viktor Vaughn
    Week 13 (September 2) – Andy Stott
    Week 14 (September 9) – Pig Destroyer
    Week 15 (September 16) – Miguel

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The vocals were very different on Cerulean. They were much more manipulated and back-mixed, whereas now they're presented in a much more traditional "pop" manner. I do not think he sounds like Sufjan Stevens though, beyond singing in a fairly high register.
    I think I had them mixed up with some other band because I expected metal. I like the album and a lot of it is really compelling. Seems to be working in territory similar to Son Lux.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    I love the fact that we're a week away from the album and there's still no single.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013...us-last-minute

Data Romance's Others is a very impressive debut. It's electronic indie-pop music with thumping beats, lots of layers, great string samples, and really wonderful vocals. At times the songs are reminiscent of Lamb, sometimes of Bjork, but there's a lot of variety from track to track and it's very well produced. i discovered them doing research for Jubilee, and the duo put on a really great live show as well.
    last.fm

I'm really enjoying the new Gold Panda. The album has a great flow and is very atmospheric. Quite dancey at times, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Data Romance's Others is a very impressive debut. It's electronic indie-pop music with thumping beats, lots of layers, great string samples, and really wonderful vocals. At times the songs are reminiscent of Lamb, sometimes of Bjork, but there's a lot of variety from track to track and it's very well produced. i discovered them doing research for Jubilee, and the duo put on a really great live show as well.
    Posts like this are why I love this thread so much. Thanks for bringing this album to our attention. I'm completely in love with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Yup. This is killer. I'd get messy on a beach in Ibiza to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Great news, y’all: Killer Mike and El-P‘s self-titled debut as Run The Jewels officially has a release date: June 26. That means you’ll have nothing else to listen to in two weeks time, as this album is sure to dominate your rotation for a while. I can write that with confidence because everything we’ve heard so far has been fantastic, not to mention that these guys have killer discographies in their own right. In addition to the release date news, the duo shared the album art (above) and track listing (that’s below). [via]

01 Run the Jewels
    02 Banana Clipper [ft. Big Boi]
    03 36″ Chain
    04 DDFH
    05 Sea Legs
    06 Job Well Done [ft. Until the Ribbon Breaks]
    07 No Come Down
    08 Get It
    09 Twin Hype Back [ft. Prince Paul]
    10 A Christmas Fucking Miracle
    /Spooks-mode

Cannot fucking wait for this. "A Christmas Fucking Miracle" as a song title amuses me a little more than it should, but it's El-P & Killer Mike, so I'm sure it'll be hilarious, profane, and full of vitriol.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.