Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2108

Thread: Tell Us About 2013 Releases

Default Re: Tell Us About 2013 Releases

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Listen to Exile In Guyville, and enjoy.
    Thanks, I've been meaning to for the longest time!
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Only $1!

"Pound For Pound: The Wolverine Blues Sessions" Digital EP from Converge features our rendition of "Wolverine Blues" originally written and performed by Entombed, presented as five different tracks.

Each vocalist recorded a full version of the song which we used to compile into the final version included on the Converge and Napalm Death Split 7"EP. This Digital EP is the complete mixes of each guest vocalist who contributed to the final track, presented as five unique versions of the song.

If you like what you here, please support all of the artists by purchasing our music and apparel.

1. Wolverine Blues w/ Aaron Turner (Isis, Old Man Gloom, etc)
    2. Wolverine Blues w/ Jacob Bannon (Converge, Wear Your Wounds)
    3. Wolverine Blues w/ Kevin Baker (APMD, The Hope Conspiracy, etc)
    4. Wolverine Blues w/ Nate Newton (Converge, Doomriders, Old Man Gloom, etc)
    5. Wolverine Blues w / Tompa (Disfear, At The Gates, etc) and Kurt (Converge, etc)

released 23 May 2013

http://convergecult.bandcamp.com/alb...blues-sessions

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Meh. Not as good as their other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Don't quite know how Dean Blunt's new release got panned by Pitchfork (not that it matters), but it is shaping up to be one of my favorites of the year so far. Absolutely beautiful and haunting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    This song was sooooooooooo good live. Fuck, just listening to it takes me right back

Quote Originally Posted by Radtechnique View Post
    Meh. Not as good as their other stuff.
    You have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Small Black's Limits of Desire is a really terrific summer album. it does everything that the other chillwave acts that have managed to make it past 2010 (like Washed Out, DyE, brothertiger, Beat Connection, etc), which is take that 80s analog synth sound and beachy aesthetic and combine them with nice backbeats and vocal melodies, strip away the fake DIY/lo-fi sound, and put together an entire collection of good, fun tunes. The album doesn't get repetitive, is paced well with lot of varying tempos from track to track, and places utilizes retro-80s vibes in a totally non-ironic, self-effacing way.
    I'm digging this a lot, along with Wild Nothing's new EP "Empty Estate" which came across as a breezy collection of fun tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Bloodgroup is a duo from Iceland that makes dark electronic pop music. Their new album Tracing Echoes is really excellent - richly textured and while fully polished, still has a bite to it. The style of the songs remind me a bit of Trentemoller, though with much more pop sensibilities and more of a focus on vocals, though the programming is very good. I've listened ot the album about 6 times now, and I just keep wanting to go back to it over and over again.
    Great rec! I have a feeling this is going to be played a lot over this year.

Disclosure.

Yeah, the Disclosure album pretty much beats all the asses. The song with Jessie Ware in particular is completely awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

So the new Trentemoller single is weird and kinda good. Gonna have to listen to it a few more times. Definitely leans more towards Into the Great Wide Yonder instead of The Last Resort (i.e. really vocal-heavy)... but I'm digging it.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    I really hope I experience the same evolution with this album as you did. I listened to it all in one sitting for the first time today, and wasn't super taken by it. But yeah, first listens are often misleading. And, as I've seen several people mention not only here but other places, pretty much all of their albums take some time to really reveal themselves.
    I had this experience more with High Violet than with Trouble. HV took me a few listens, but I soon got sucked in. With the latest, I was sucked in from the first song I heard (Sea of Love).

The National's run of albums since Alligator is probably the most impressive to me since R.E.M. Each one still stands on its own, yet you can also see the maturity and complexity progress with each album.

I've been listening to Shannon and the Clams -Dreams in the Rat House all day and I can't get enough. It's a perfect summer album.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I was randomly listing to some tracks off of The Body ep. I'm no metal guy at any means but that shit is super intense and creepy with great builds. One of the more interesting pieces of music I've heard this year.

The Fall's new record is fucking awesome. I mean, I'd pay good money just to hear Mark E. Smith read the phone book, but it's really musically impressive for something this late in a band's career (rotating lineup or not).

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I'd wager the rotating lineup is what keeps the Fall so consistently interesting. It always forces Mark E. to do different stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quite possibly. This is also the first latter-day Fall album I've listened to, for better or worse.

I really need to see them live.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

You and me both. I had a ticket to see them at the last LA show, and then the band fell apart the day prior, so I assumed the show was cancelled. Turns out the next night was his first night with the band that took their place, and that wrote some of the better latter-day Fall songs. Wish I would have gone.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I'd wager the rotating lineup is what keeps the Fall so consistently interesting. It always forces Mark E. to do different stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    The Fall's new record is fucking awesome. I mean, I'd pay good money just to hear Mark E. Smith read the phone book, but it's really musically impressive for something this late in a band's career (rotating lineup or not).
    Smith's actually used the same lineup for four albums now. I need to go back into my "Young'uns Guide" write-ups and double-check, but that might be a first. Even the early lineups had a fair amount of instability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

if you like analog/acid/EDM check out The Dwell from SFV Acid. I went to high school with him, and his album is really excellent. You can stream it here: http://www.thefader.com/2013/05/29/s...-lp-the-dwell/

I've really enjoyed the couple listens of the stream of the new Thundercat record. It's definitely a bit poppier, I guess. But to me it just sounds like his songwriting has gotten sharper and more straightforward. Not at all in a bad way, though. I definitely prefer it to Golden Age.

I also have been listening almost non-stop to The Jellyfish Mentality by The Jet Age Of Tomorrow. It has a lot of different sounds and styles that all sort of meld into their signature sound: neo-soul, jazz, funk, experimental, spacey electronic, hip-hop, rock. I don't know. You can hear a lot of Neptunes and Jamiroquai influence. Here's my favorite song on the album, not all of it sounds like this though:

"Desert N' The Dark" ft. The Stepkids

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    if you like analog/acid/EDM check out The Dwell from SFV Acid. I went to high school with him, and his album is really excellent. You can stream it here: http://www.thefader.com/2013/05/29/s...-lp-the-dwell/
    i dig this, thanks.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I'm digging on two very different EPs right now.

Obliterations - Obliterations is the first release from this group made up of a bunch of dudes from Black Mountain, Saviours, Bluebird, Night Horse and Pink Mountaintops. The ep was recorded by Joe Cardamone, frontman for The Icarus line. It is 8.5 minutes of balls to the wall, grungy, fuzzed out punk rock. It reminds me a lot of Zeke and early Mondo Generator, which is awesome. You can listen to/buy it here: http://obliterations.bandcamp.com/

I am also really digging on Ob Boy Les Mecs - Nurture Nature. She's an L.A. local, and it would be very hard not to compare her music to Bjork, but it's certainly appealing in the very much the same way. There is a tinge of 80s retro synthesizer on this 5 track ep, but her great voice, lush layering and programming, and great sense for drama sets it apart from other retro synth pop acts. "Unrest" and the title track "Nurture Nature" are particularly really, really good.

last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I am not digging Vampire Weekend and indifferent to The National, both of which are on Spotify now. The National is easy to listen to and will be fine live, maybe even great, but just isn't very interesting to me on headphones nor inspires me to look back and compare it to their prior releases.

City Society's S/T full length is super chilled out, dreamy synth pop. Great rolling synth lines, relaxed beats, and breezy dreampop-ish vocals. Will be a great relaxing summer album.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

New Robyn track via The Lonely Island
    last.fm

Didn't like Tijuana Panther's new one Semi-Sweet nearly as much as their first record. Nothing as fun as Creature or Redheaded Girl on there. Another couple listens though, the new stuff blended in and filled out their live set to be sure. Love those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Didn't like Tijuana Panther's new one Semi-Sweet nearly as much as their first record. Nothing as fun as Creature or Redheaded Girl on there. Another couple listens though, the new stuff blended in and filled out their live set to be sure. Love those guys.
    I've heard this from a few people and it really bums me out. I haven't listened yet, but I had high hopes. Max Baker was so great.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Finally listened to the new National album. It's more immediate than High Violet, and is also really great. I also finally bought/listened to the new Men record, which is great in a lazy way. I wish it rocked more overall, but this direction suits them too.

one and a half times through and I'm digging this Mount Kimbie album
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex