Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Us About 2013 Releases

Default Re: Tell Us About 2013 Releases

The new Dillinger Escape Plan album is fucking awesome

http://pitchfork.com/advance/108-one...is-the-killer/

She & Him's Volume 3 might just be my favorite album this year. They finally hit that Motwon inspired, 70s AM pop with some panache. "Somebody Sweet to Talk To" is such a catchy tune and a perfect summer song. And the cover of "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me" is their best cover yet.
    Mazxy star was nice and dreamy robightm crowd wouldn't follow no photo request. First time in the green room. Mmm free beer and wine.glad I got to see them Cruz I missed Coachella 3012

I wish the cover was of the song that U2 wrote for Batman Forever. Bad movie, good soundtrack. Look at this tracklist:

1. "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" by U2 – 4:46
    2. "One Time Too Many" by PJ Harvey – 2:52
    3. "Where Are You Now?" by Brandy – 3:57
    4. "Kiss from a Rose" by Seal – 3:38
    5. "The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game" by Massive Attack and Tracey Thorn (Smokey Robinson cover) – 4:06
    6. "Nobody Lives Without Love" by Eddi Reader – 5:05
    7. "Tell Me Now" by Mazzy Star – 4:17
    8. "Smash It Up" by The Offspring (The Damned cover) – 3:26
    9. "There Is a Light" by Nick Cave – 4:23
    10. "The Riddler" by Method Man – 3:30
    11. "The Passenger" by Michael Hutchence (Iggy Pop cover) – 4:37
    12. "Crossing the River" by The Devlins – 4:45
    13. "8" by Sunny Day Real Estate – 5:27
    14. "Bad Days" by The Flaming Lips – 4:39
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    At 74 minutes, it’s way too long and filled with repetitive filler, but there is plenty of stuff here that I will be listening to for quite a while.
    isn't dance music supposed to be repetitive? or did i miss something
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Anything that contains Brandy AND the Flaming Lips is good in my book.
    Mazxy star was nice and dreamy robightm crowd wouldn't follow no photo request. First time in the green room. Mmm free beer and wine.glad I got to see them Cruz I missed Coachella 3012

Hell yeah! This is the one I have been waiting for!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-live-20130513
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Ty Segall's new album "SLEEPER" coming out on LP, Cassette, CD, and Digital on August 20, 2013 on Drag City...

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    This new Atom Tm album is currently blowing my mind. Dark and sexy minimal electro with some great Kraftwerk worship sprinkled throughout.
    This album is fantastic, but minimal is an incredibly strange descriptor to use for what Schmidt's doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Atom TM is some wonderfully off kilter techno pop (although I could do without the "My Generation" cover), really addictive fluff that's produced like it isn't fluff at all.
    I Love You U (LIKE I LOVE MY DRUM MACHINE) and Stop (Imperialist Pop) have some of the best hooks of the year IMO.

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Coachella Junkie

I Love You U (LIKE I LOVE MY DRUM MACHINE) and Stop (Imperialist Pop) have some of the best hooks of the year IMO.
    I got really really excited when I put that album on the first time, but it turned out that I only really liked the first few songs...what songs they are though.

Ishome - Confession

I have been looking forward to this release for almost 2 years now. After a string of increasingly strong EPs, Ishome finally released her debut LP. She describes the music herself as, “Lovetronic”—pretentious, made-up genres are used by Russians as well, apparently. Ishome’s style takes elements of techno, dubstep, and future garage (or whatever the fuck it’s being called these days). Sometimes, the end result is dark and emotional music that makes you want to bob your head along with the shuffling beat, other times she’ll make you just want to dance your ass off, and in the case of Wildness, both. Is Confession anything groundbreaking? Nope. It is, however, an extremely strong debut. If the progression of Caraboo EP> Al Capone EP >Eva EP>Confession is any indication of what to expect in the coming years from the young Russian, I’m definitely looking forward to it.

The Good
    -Ken Tavr
    - Adam
    :I had been looking forward to this track ever since it was an unreleased demo showcased into her OneTune set. The edits she’s done to it have since are fantastic. Stand-out of the album for me.

The Bad
    -Tetra 94:There’s no need for Tetra 94 to be split into 2 parts. At all. Each half could have been trimmed down a bit and merged into one instead of splitting into 2 for filler.
    -Also, I know there’s at least 2 tracks in her back catalog that could have been included on this, but that’s no real big deal either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

I've been liking Monomania lately. not Deerhunter's best album but good nonethelless. Can't wait to finally see them at FYF!!!

Excited to hear this...

Fuck Buttons release third album 'Slow Focus' on 22nd July 2013 (ATP Recordings) & announce UK and European festival dates

Four years after Fuck Buttons’ Benjamin John Power and Andrew Hung dropped the second of two of the most unparalleled electronic-driven albums in recent memory, with the hyper-acceleration of 2009’s blistering Tarot Sport, the duo return with a new album Slow Focus, their first self-produced record, and one that looks set to re-shape the landscape of the leftfield all over again.

Once again abiding by their fundamental rule that “we must always be in the same room when writing,” what Fuck Buttons have created on Slow Focus is something that feels more close-up than ever before, a first-person view through winding pathways set against a frequently aggressive and constantly evolving terrain. It’s an ominously shimmering mirage that could only have come from their own volition. “Slow Focus seemed like a very apt title when considering the sentiment of the music,” comments Benjamin John Power, “It almost feels like the moment your eyes take to readjust when waking, and realising you're in a very unusual and not a particularly welcoming place. We like to think that we create our own new landscapes, and with this it's a very alien one.”

You could argue this is the first album where the pair have really gone all in, taking control right down to producing it at their own Space Mountain studio. “We've used producers as safety nets in the past,” says Andrew Hung, “but we've always had a very specific idea of what our music should sound like and so it became about following the logical path.”

Between them, Fuck Buttons have been busy behind the scenes in the intermediate four years since Tarot Sport, but they were flung out into the perception of the global public last year when Danny Boyle opted to use their music in his breathtaking Olympics opening ceremony in London, after recommendations from techno veterans Underworld. Now they’re ready to face the limelight again in full, with a string of European festival dates coming up, including Primavera, Glastonbury and Green Man. It’s been a while since we heard from them, but Slow Focus looks set to further establish Fuck Buttons reputation as one of the most arresting electronic acts in the world today.
    http://www.atpfestival.com/recording...1305161400.php

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

I wish the cover was of the song that U2 wrote for Batman Forever. Bad movie, good soundtrack. Look at this tracklist:

1. "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" by U2 – 4:46
    2. "One Time Too Many" by PJ Harvey – 2:52
    3. "Where Are You Now?" by Brandy – 3:57
    4. "Kiss from a Rose" by Seal – 3:38
    5. "The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game" by Massive Attack and Tracey Thorn (Smokey Robinson cover) – 4:06
    6. "Nobody Lives Without Love" by Eddi Reader – 5:05
    7. "Tell Me Now" by Mazzy Star – 4:17
    8. "Smash It Up" by The Offspring (The Damned cover) – 3:26
    9. "There Is a Light" by Nick Cave – 4:23
    10. "The Riddler" by Method Man – 3:30
    11. "The Passenger" by Michael Hutchence (Iggy Pop cover) – 4:37
    12. "Crossing the River" by The Devlins – 4:45
    13. "8" by Sunny Day Real Estate – 5:27
    14. "Bad Days" by The Flaming Lips – 4:39
    I remember when Spin magazine reviewed this album, they gave it an 8/10 and said this would be a great lineup for a Lollapalooza.

I have the Batman and Robin soundtrack. The Goo Goo Dolls have a song on there called 'Lazy Eye' and it's the only song I like by them, it's really good.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Fuck yes to the Fuck Buttons news. It's been 4 years!
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

You can download two new Liars tracks here.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

^ Woohoo!

New song featuring King Krule

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Ugh. Looks like Giorgio Moroder has been listening to lots of SHM. Kill yr idols.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Coachella Junkie

Yea, he was interviewed talking about working with Aviicii.

damn

Hopefully they'll play some new materials at DFA party next week!!!

Factory Floor
    T H E F A C T O R Y F L O O R A L B U M I S F I N I S H E D

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

The new Gun Outfit record is pretty great. Country tinged rock with an almost punk sound at times. It's Dean Spunt from No Age apparently, and the songs are some of the deepest grooves that I've encountered this year. Sounds like the Stones at times and Sonic Youth at others. Highly recommended, especially the songs Dean sings, and ESPECIALLY with repeat listens. Easily one of my favorite records of this year.

Second new song from Black Flag's forthcoming album, much more "hardcore" than the last one. I'm getting pretty damn excited for this album.
    Speaking of Black Flag, Henry Rollins writes "Why I'm Not Playing Music Anymore" for LA Weekly...

In the summer months, you can count on bands that have been gone for years who will reassemble and go onto stages all over the world playing “vintage music.” Perhaps they are on a Proustian mission to recapture that which has been lost. I read the interviews where the musicians claim that now they can really play this music. I don’t doubt them, but therein lies the problem. Musicians should not play Music. Music should play musicians.

Bands that think they have a handle on Music are no longer battling the beast. They think they have mastered Music. They have not.

Music cannot be mastered. What they think is control and mastery is not only hubris but even worse, it is Music's great indifference. Simply put, Music no longer plays them. Music has moved on to more worthy combatants.

This is why I stopped touring with a band. I put up my fists and there was no longer anything there. It was heartbreaking, but it was clear. Music had moved on. Such was my reverence for its limitless power, I faced this truth and moved on in search of new battles.
    http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts...sic_master.php

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Quote Originally Posted by cansei de ser sexme View Post
    The new Gun Outfit record is pretty great. Country tinged rock with an almost punk sound at times. It's Dean Spunt from No Age apparently, and the songs are some of the deepest grooves that I've encountered this year. Sounds like the Stones at times and Sonic Youth at others. Highly recommended, especially the songs Dean sings, and ESPECIALLY with repeat listens. Easily one of my favorite records of this year.
    wow, thanks for this rec! listening to it now and it's amazing

So this new Queens of the Stone Age album. Wow. Love it. It's great when you can mature with a band, be there from the beginning and grow old(er) together. This feels like a band in their prime, not afraid to do whatever the fuck they(or Josh) want. So many layers in these songs and I love the way the band uses guests, with their contributions being so subtle for the most part, none of this rapper bullshit where people come in and have pretty much whole tracks to themselves. At around 48 minutes for 10 songs it may seem short, but this thing is all killer, no filler to my ears. Will be listening to this one for a long time to come.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-17-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Are you sure? I know Dean puts out their work on his label, but I think these guys are from Canada and have been around for a bit. Crazy to hear they went a more country-ish route.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

damn. that sounds fucking great.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Are you sure? I know Dean puts out their work on his label, but I think these guys are from Canada and have been around for a bit. Crazy to hear they went a more country-ish route.
    Yeah, I'm an idiot college student skimming through pitchfork articles during finals week with not much brain power haha. Definitely his label, not him.

Good write-up. I'm intrigued.
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Hopefully they'll play some new materials at DFA party next week!!!
    Fuck yes

Speedy Ortiz's debut full-length, Major Arcana is coming out July 9th on Carpark records. I'm really looking forward to this release based on Speedy Ortiz's previous works from their EPs. Check them out if you're into 90s influenced noise pop at all, particularly female-fronted bands like Helium.

Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.