Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Us About 2013 Releases

Default Re: Tell Us About 2013 Releases

"We are extremely excited to be able to announce a new Pastels record for 2013. Slow Summits is the record we waited so long for, wondered about, pencilled in then pencilled out, and now finally, triumphantly can pencil back in... but not with a pencil, with a flourish, with a fountain pen. Because it's that kind of record. Recorded in Glasgow and mixed in Chicago, Slow Summits is already bringing some much needed optimism to 2013, why not let it do the same for you? Here's a trailer they cut for it with their friend, Blair Young from The Forest Of Black. Check it out." - Domino Records

Ooo so excited for this!

A brand new Appleseed Cast song to end the year Their 8th album, "Illumination Ritual" will be out April 9th

https://soundcloud.com/mail-24/the-a...ast-north-star

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

The Titus Andronicus mixtape is pretty fucking awesome. Mix of live renditions, demos, covers, and random noise. Perhaps a 2012 release but a ton of fun!

What is this you speak of?

And I listened to Lysandre this morning. It's a beautiful and fun album. Not as heavy as any of the Girls releases, but really entertaining and deserving of more listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The new Low album was really solid on first listen. Some heavy themes and it's mastered beautifully.

Happy new year, yo.

And I listened to Lysandre this morning. It's a beautiful and fun album. Not as heavy as any of the Girls releases, but really entertaining and deserving of more listens.
    Yeah! Just listened now and it's a lot more fun and bouncy and all over the place than I thought it was going to be. It's only 28 minutes though! ah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    The new Low album was really solid on first listen. Some heavy themes and it's mastered beautifully.

Happy new year, yo.
    SUPER GOOD TO HEAR! I've been really busy and my internet at home hasn't been working so i haven't been able to check it out yet, but I'm very excited for that one.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

"Trevor Powers, the soft-voiced Boise native who performs under the name Youth Lagoon, is prepping a new album to follow 2011's excellent The Year of Hibernation. He'll put out the pleasingly-titled Wondrous Bughouse on March 5 through Fat Possum.
    Wondrous Bughouse:
    01 Through Mind and Back
    02 Mute
    03 Attic Doctor
    04 The Bath
    05 Pelican Man
    06 Dropla
    07 Sleep Paralysis
    08 Third Dystopia
    09 Raspberry Cane
    10 Daisyphobia
    "

Diggin' the title! Pretty excited for this as well since Year Of Hibernation was great.

They are incredible, especially live. That said, they've been signed to DFA since last year. Can't wait to get my hands on an album though. I hope it has some of the stuff from the old singles since they were so hard to track down over here.
    So fuckin good! They need to come back asap...

Full version: https://soundcloud.com/factory-floor/fall-back-1

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

New song by Suede?! New album coming out in March!

"After a year of sweating and bleeding over the record it's finally finished so we wanted to get some music out there as soon as we could. "Barriers" isn't the first single but we are proud of it enough just to chuck it out there and thought that it's pulsing, romantic swell somehow summed up the feel of the album quite nicely . The album is called Bloodsports. It's about lust, it's about the chase, it's about the endless carnal game of love. It was possibly the hardest we've ever made but certainly the most satisfying. Its 10 furious songs for me have reclaimed from ourselves what Suede was always about; drama, melody and noise."
    Download here: http://suedebarriers.viinyl.com/

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

I just finished listening to this as well - definitely ebullient and stripped down of some of the rawness from Girls.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Jim James' solo album is very forgettable, unfortunately. It is definitely worth a listen for fans of MMJ/Jim's vocals though I'd say.
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall
    5/06 - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Orpheum (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

The Men's sound continues to evolve, it seems as if they may have had some more dough to invest in production this time around. And that's not a bad thing, I like this song a lot:

I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post

"Trevor Powers, the soft-voiced Boise native who performs under the name Youth Lagoon, is prepping a new album to follow 2011's excellent The Year of Hibernation. He'll put out the pleasingly-titled Wondrous Bughouse on March 5 through Fat Possum.
    Wondrous Bughouse:
    01 Through Mind and Back
    02 Mute
    03 Attic Doctor
    04 The Bath
    05 Pelican Man
    06 Dropla
    07 Sleep Paralysis
    08 Third Dystopia
    09 Raspberry Cane
    10 Daisyphobia
    "

Diggin' the title! Pretty excited for this as well since Year Of Hibernation was great.
    Nice! Love YL. Year of Hibernation has been on repeat for me for months it seems. Excited for this.

The criminally underrated Charles Bradley will be releasing Victim of Love on April 2nd.

Tour dates to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Cool, loved his last album.

He's really something else live.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    He's really something else live.
    Completely agree. The best part is most everyone I was with had no idea what to expect. It was a nice surprise to say the least.

The Pantha du Prince/Bell Laboratory album is a really unique listen. The formula definitely gets a bit redundant feeling by the end, but overall I liked it quite a bit.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I've got to recommend Mount Moriah's record, Miracle Temple. It comes out late February and it is a must-listen for any fans of anything remotely resembling country music. The record has a great progression, starting with more upbeat tracks before completely slipping into dark, brooding gothic country for basically the entirety of the second half. It seems to constantly pick up steam and by the end of it, it's filled with completely ripping guitars and Heather McEntire's voice is completely haunting. I'd say aside from the absolute shredding guitars in the second half, the most interesting thing about Miracle Temple is McEntire's shapeshifting vocals to suit both the upbeat stuff and the slow-burners.

Last edited by jeffp1717; 01-11-2013 at 07:01 AM.

As in Heather McEntire from the Elephant Six collective? Sold regardless, but extra sold if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    The Pantha du Prince/Bell Laboratory album is a really unique listen. The formula definitely gets a bit redundant feeling by the end, but overall I liked it quite a bit.
    Agreed. I doubt this will be an album that stands out significantly as the year progresses but it's solid and enjoyable.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

As in Heather McEntire from the Elephant Six collective? Sold regardless, but extra sold if so.
    I don't think so, but I am not 100% sure. I don't know a whole lot about them yet other than they're based out of Chapel Hill and I believe she is a North Carolina native.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Agreed; it feels like an idea/approach which would have worked better as an EP rather than an LP.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Autre Ne Veut!
    Super excited for this! That first single was the best thing I have heard in a while.

Listen to Mystical Weapons (Sean Lennon & Deerhoof's Greg Saunier). The album comes out tomorrow. I'm enjoying this so far....

Lennon has had a long day. He got up early to shoot footage for his directorial debut, a documentary about some visual/performance artist friends of his who live in New York City.

“It’s a nascent project so I’m not going to talk too much about it,” Lennon says over the phone. “It’s been a year of shooting and I probably have another year left. It’s a long project. I like to try different things all at once.”

Indeed, on Jan. 15, Lennon is actually releasing two records, each of which are completely distinct and unlike any of the pop music he’s released before. Lennon composed the soaring soundtrack to Alter Egos, a film about superheroes (which he has a small role in) that warranted some Tim Burton-Batman-era symphonic compositions.

Then there’s Mystical Weapons, an improv duo that came about after Lennon became friendly with Deerhoof’s Saunier, and Cibo Matto’s Yuka Honda suggested the two try playing together. The resulting album is a really cool, eclectic, loosely powerful collection of experiments with some basic structure.

“All the music is improvised, which is one of the guidelines,” Lennon explains. “Then there would be verbal guidelines, which were sometimes based around instrumentation or a key signature or a concept or mood.”

“A song like ‘Dirty Neon’ was as simple as saying, ‘All right Greg, you play piano this time and I’ll play drums,’” Lennon continues. "And then ‘Mechanical Mammoth’ was all about playing the ARP 2600 on an atonal setting so the intervals on the keys weren’t 12-tone but kinda random. Some songs were about just using the kalimba and the last song, ‘Consortium Musicum,’ was about playing toys live. I’m really proud of that one because it’s very atmospheric, even though it’s just us sitting cross-legged, playing toys.”

For someone whose family name is connected to the greatest pop songs in history, and whose own discography reflects an interest in verse-chorus-verse songwriting, Mystical Weapons is a welcome exploration.

“It’s really liberating because I do tend to do more structured music,” Lennon admits. “Greg is the perfect partner in crime when it comes to improvising because he has a really great spontaneity and is very original so he’s not just blurting out clichés like most of us are.”

Sean Lennon had much more to say about his own music and unexpectedly playing songs by his parents, John Lennon and Yoko Ono Lennon, with the likes of Aerosmith, Mavis Staples and Wilco's Jeff Tweedy over the last year.
    Stream the whole album here: http://music.cbc.ca/#/blogs/2013/1/S...lbum-stream-QA

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Wow! Amazing cover art. Someone please upload it....

MOSQUITO - April 15 (UK) / April 16 (US)
    Pre-Order Mosquito: http://www.yeahyeahyeahs.com/mosquito

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

wmgaretjax got his hands on the new Ni Diode album.. They only pressed 16 copies and hid them in a cave in Greece..

it's easily his favorite spatial low-end bass release of the year. You've probably never heard it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Lindstrøm + Todd Terje =

This article mentions that they will be touring with each other this year too so let's hope they can make it to the US!

EDIT - according to RA "Their first joint performance of 2013 will take place at the Nuits Sonores festival in Lyon on May 11th, with further gigs confirmed for Sonar, Melt! and A Day At The Park. More dates will be announced in the coming weeks."