Thread: Lollapalooza Tix

Default Lollapalooza Tix

Were just on sale for about one hour and then went to this page. Nice touch not adding service charges and the other BS that goes with getting tickets. AND PEARL JAM IS CONFIRMED ON THEIR WEB PAGE. You get Daft Punk on Friday and put Smashing Pumpkins on Saturday and you have 3 of the strongest headliners for a fest

http://lollapalooza.frontgatetickets.com/index.php

News Flash

* Lollapalooza tickets go on sale April 3 at Earlybird pricing - about a buck a band. That's your reward for planning ahead and trusting that the lineup is even more brain-rupturing than last year. Tickets will never be cheaper and they'll go fast!

* New for 2007: No Service Charges. No Add-ons. No Surprises. No Lie.
    That's right. The price you see is the price you pay. Our service charge-free pricing means that no service fees will be added to the published ticket price. We want to de-complicate the ticket buying process by making it clear and simple, with no surprises awaiting you when you check out.

* Print Your Tickets with PrintPass.
    No muss, no fuss, NO COST. Be the first to show off your Lollapalooza ticket! Print your tickets from the privacy and convenience of your own personal space. Just choose the option and we'll walk you through it.

If you still want your tickets the old-fashioned way, we'll print and ship them to you just for the cost of shipping ($12/UPS 2-day Air domestic and $15/USPS Global Priority international).
    Last edited by shotglass75; 04-02-2007 at 01:49 PM.

Default Re: Lollapalooza Tix

I say bring in all the corporate sponsors if it'd make coachella this cheap.

I think it is great and very respectable that Coachella does leave the corporate sponsors behind but I never once have not enjoyed a show because there was a logo at the side of the stage or a banner on a fence. Now if the band kept saying I use At&T between songs, yeah that would suck

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I think it is great and very respectable that Coachella does leave the corporate sponsors behind but I never once have not enjoyed a show because there was a logo at the side of the stage or a banner on a fence. Now if the band kept saying I use At&T between songs, yeah that would suck
    But let's be honest, it's not like Coachella is completely void of corporate sponsors, they just get applauded for being more subtle about it than other festivals.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post

But they don't...

I keep reading about "the integrity of Coachella" and all that guff about corporate sellouts. If you find yourself distracted by a Virgin or AT &T logo round a stage, then maybe you should go watch a better band that keeps your attention, on another stage.

All I know is, I've owned cars that cost less than what I'm paying to come to Coachella and I've paid more to see ONE band than I've paid the last two years to go to Lolla, so they must be doing something right...
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Banned

I think I paid 60$ for my Lolla tickets.

Secret sale.

E

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    I think I paid 60$ for my Lolla tickets.

Secret sale.

E
    Yup. $45 last year, $60 this year. Oh the huge manatee!
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Fuck it.. I'd rather pay extra NOT to have all those logo's all around.. I really think they kill the atmosphere.. The only logo i really remembering seeing a lot was Heineken.. but it's not as bad as BUD LIGHT or something..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

mhm, should i buy tix now? 165 bucks? how much do they usually go for regularly?

What the hell is the difference between a Heinekin Logo and a Bud Light Logo? Yeah maybe a better product but in the grand scheme of things all it is saying is 'Drink Our Beer" To each his own on the thought process of logos or not, it's your dollar. Lolla tix after they are $165 will be $185 and then 2 something

one factor to think about though is that its gotta be more expensive to get acts out to Indio than it is to Chicago....hence ticket prices would logically be a bit more for Coachella...

add that in with the fact that I really prefer not to watch my fav bands at the "ClearChannel" or "Haliburton" (ok, that's a stretch) stages and I don't mind paying a premium for the best festival in North America
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    one factor to think about though is that its gotta be more expensive to get acts out to Indio than it is to Chicago....hence ticket prices would logically be a bit more for Coachella...

add that in with the fact that I really prefer not to watch my fav bands at the "ClearChannel" or "Haliburton" (ok, that's a stretch) stages and I don't mind paying a premium for the best festival in North America
    I respecfully disagree with the statement about it costing more to get bands. Pretty much anyone below the 2nd tier status of bands playing probably are dying to play at any cost. I'm sure some would play for free if it meant excellent exposure. I am sure lets say Bjork for instance, doesn't charge X for Coachella and Z for Lolla (if she was to play Lolla). They all have a set price

But then think of this, let's say it costs $175 to watch "band X" play on a stage that says Heinekin next to it or $50 bucks to see the exact same band play the exact same show on a Stage that says Bud Light and AT&T next to it
    Last edited by shotglass75; 04-03-2007 at 07:23 AM.

I does seem like a pretty good deal. If I could only find a cheap flight to Chicago, I would probably make the trip.
    (100 POSTS )
    To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries