Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

Is anyone else hoping they've made improvements to the stages? Screens at Twin Peaks and Sutro would be nice. Twin Peaks could be louder too.

Quote Originally Posted by gregatron View Post
    Is anyone else hoping they've made improvements to the stages? Screens at Twin Peaks and Sutro would be nice. Twin Peaks could be louder too.
    With Phoenix being the biggest band to close the Twin Peaks and with the amount of people they are going to draw. Plus add in how narrow that area is I only hope they would have had screens in mind while putting them on that stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I'm hoping Trent and Karen do something together.
    8/9-11 - Outside Lands 8/24 - Godflesh & Jucifer 9/3 - Loma Prieta 9/6 - Church of Ra 9/28 - Jesu & JK Flesh 10/11 - Carcass 10/27 - At the Gates

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    D'Angelo at Sutro before McCartney is giving me anxiety. I really want to see D'Angelo but this seems like Beck -> Radiohead all over again. Maybe I'm overestimating the appeal of D'Angelo to this crowd.
    I think you are...Surfer Blood and Youth Lagoon have more likes than D'Angelo on the OSL schedule page, and Wavves is less than 10 likes away from them at this point. I think it will be a mature, mellow crowd for an intimate show.

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Yeasayer and Chromatics and Pretty Lights all up against Macca. Love the first 2, was mildly interested in checking out Pretty Lights. Guess *someone* had to go up against him.

If only they had no curfew then they could pull a Bonnaroo and just shut down every other stage while the headliners are on.

A mν tambiιn.
    i mean..y'all can check out anyone during macca..almost a 3 hour set...big deal if you miss 20-30%..i'm gonna watch chromatics full set for sure and i'll end up missing 1/3 of macca's...i'll be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    D'Angelo at Sutro before McCartney is giving me anxiety. I really want to see D'Angelo but this seems like Beck -> Radiohead all over again. Maybe I'm overestimating the appeal of D'Angelo to this crowd.
    That was terrible but that year they had a lot more fencing which made the bottleneck terrible. I think that it shouldn't be that bad as that since D angelo is not as big of a draw as Beck and the alleyway has been opened up with lots less fencing since that year.

Also i think there will be some improvements to the stages including extra video screens from what they have said previously. I try to do bike rides in other polo fields so I'll try to scope out the stages over the next two weeks. If you guys are cool, I might even post some pics. .

They need more speaker towers at Sutro and Twin Peak stages. Last year all I could hear were conversations until I hit the soundboard area.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Looks like I'll mostly be main stage camping...will be a very different experience than Coachella.
    the main stage is the most tolerable place at outside lands.

speaking of which, I'm glad to see jurassic 5 will be on the main stage.

Friday: Midi Matilda >> Houndmouth >> twenty one pilots>> surfer blood >> zedd >> McCartney
    Saturday: Social Studies >> atlas genius >> youth lagoon >> baauer >> grizzly bear >> phoenix
    Sunday: Probably check out the comedy tent since theres no bands early in the day i want to see. Ill start off with foals >> a-trak >> matt & kim >> dillon francis >> kaskade

bummed about the grizzly bear vs YYYs conflict and the national vs rhye vs zedd

Fri: Surfer Blood > Jessie Ware > Rhye > D'Angelo > Macca
    Sat: GCJR > Youth Lagoon > Bombino > J5 > Tallest Man > YYY > NiN
    Sun: Fishbone > Kurt Vile > Foals > ??? (pretty much open)

i was just watching some of my footage from last year and came across this.... wonder if the truck is back again?

4/02 Kelela at The Echo
    4/03 Ziggy Marley at Sonos Studios
    4/14 Blood Orange at El Rey
    4/15 Broken Bells at Fonda Theatre
    4/16 Little Dragon at Pappy & Harriet's
    5/03 Danny Brown at El Rey
    5/23-25 Sasquatch! at The Gorge
    6/14-15 Low End Theory Festival at Echoplex
    7/11 J5 / Quannum Projects at Greek Theatre Berkely
    8/25 - Nine Inch Nails / Soundgarden / Death Grips at Hollywood Bowl

Okay guys, call me crazy, but MS MR from 6:00 - 6:20, Vampire Weekend from 6:20 - 7:00, and Matt & Kim from 7:00 - 7:35 is probably the dumbest and smartest idea I've had in a very long time. I WILL MAKE THIS WORK.

Quote Originally Posted by trendski View Post
    Fri: Surfer Blood > Jessie Ware > Rhye > D'Angelo > Macca
    Sat: GCJR > Youth Lagoon > Bombino > J5 > Tallest Man > YYY > NiN
    Sun: Fishbone > Kurt Vile > Foals > ??? (pretty much open)

i was just watching some of my footage from last year and came across this.... wonder if the truck is back again?
    That was the Third Man Records truck which is Jack Whites label. I doubt it would be back since Jacks not playing this year.

I have no idea who I'm going to see after Tallest Man On Earth on Saturday.

Also, NIN is worth seeing over Phoenix, right? Sounds like their show is going to be a spectacle of sorts.
    Last edited by harryoliver; 07-27-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    I have no idea who I'm going to see after Tallest Man On Earth on Saturday.

Also, NIN is worth seeing over Phoenix, right? Sounds like their show is going to be a spectacle of sorts.
    Just stick around for the Head and the Heart. I know they are the classic acoustic folk band with a harmonizing female, but I always enjoy their show.

I am also going to hopefully help answer the NIN vs Phoenix question myself by catching some of the Lolla live feed.

Quote Originally Posted by zachsquatch View Post
    Just stick around for the Head and the Heart. I know they are the classic acoustic folk band with a harmonizing female, but I always enjoy their show.

I am also going to hopefully help answer the NIN vs Phoenix question myself by catching some of the Lolla live feed.
    NIN.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    April/May Concerts
    4/24 - Local Natives - Pageant
    4/26 - Arcade Fire - Starlight Theatre
    4/27 - Arcade Fire - Chaifetz Arena
    5/8 - Morrissey - Observatory
    5/10 - Chic - Hollywood Bowl
    5/11 - Puscifer - Greek Theatre
    5/22 - Billy Joel - Hollywood Bowl
    5/27 - Panda Bear - El Rey
    5/28 - First Aid Kit - El Rey

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    You might want to go see Phoenix, you don't want to miss a potential Daft Punk guest appearance

For those deciding between Atlas Genius and Gary Clark Jr. I would without a single doubt go see GCJ. I've only seen him twice now but both times he absolutely killed it. Atlas Genius is great live, and living in SD myself I've been able to see / meet them several times, but when put against GCJ it's an easy decision in my opinion.

Also on CoS they debuted the NIN webcast from Fuji Rock Festival and their stage setup seems pretty badass. Very similar to the Gorillaz. I can't link from my device but check it out.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Some friends and I rented a flat last year that is less than a mile from the park entrance. We have it again this year, but only half of our group will be attending, so we have some extra space.

If anyone is looking for accommodations, PM me. As of right now, the group consists of me, my girl, and two of our guy friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by nickntto View Post
    Okay guys, call me crazy, but MS MR from 6:00 - 6:20, Vampire Weekend from 6:20 - 7:00, and Matt & Kim from 7:00 - 7:35 is probably the dumbest and smartest idea I've had in a very long time. I WILL MAKE THIS WORK.
    That would be perfect and eliminate so many problems

Quote Originally Posted by Cgriff View Post
    That would be perfect and eliminate so many problems
    Do it! That's my plan, although I might miss a bit of each set, I think it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    For those deciding between Atlas Genius and Gary Clark Jr. I would without a single doubt go see GCJ. I've only seen him twice now but both times he absolutely killed it. Atlas Genius is great live, and living in SD myself I've been able to see / meet them several times, but when put against GCJ it's an easy decision in my opinion.
    I've seen Gary twice and have never seen Atlas Genius...does that change your opinion? Trying to figure out if it's even worth skipping Gary for (who I agree absolutely slays live, but I've seen him on his most recent tour).

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    I've seen Gary twice and have never seen Atlas Genius...does that change your opinion? Trying to figure out if it's even worth skipping Gary for (who I agree absolutely slays live, but I've seen him on his most recent tour).

Quote Originally Posted by nickntto View Post
    Okay guys, all me crazy, but MS MR from 6:00 - 6:20, Vampire Weekend from 6:20 - 7:00, and Matt & Kim from 7:00 - 7:35 is probably the dumbest and smartest idea I've had in a very long time. I WILL MAKE THIS WORK.
    You're not factoring in walking time though. You are much better off starting at Vampire weekend til 620 then catch the end of Ms Mr then the whole Matt & Kim set. Then you wouldn't be bouncing around back and forth and going In one direction from Main to Panhandle to Twin Peaks. It would minimize walking time down from about 30 minutes to 15. Just my two cents from years of experience

I have a pair for sale. whatever face cost. Pm me.

*SOLD
    Last edited by ElBlueblazer; 08-05-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    You're not factoring in walking time though. You are much better off starting at Vampire weekend til 620 then catch the end of Ms Mr then the whole Matt & Kim set. Then you wouldn't be bouncing around back and forth and going In one direction from Main to Panhandle to Twin Peaks. It would minimize walking time down from about 30 minutes to 15. Just my two cents from years of experience
    I've already seen Matt & Kim before though. So I'd much rather just watch most of MS MR's set along with most of (including the end of) Vampire Weekend's. I don't have to be at the front for either of them.

how much time should I budget to make the trek from Land's End/Sutoro to Panhandle/Twin Peaks with and without crowds? Also, is it reasonable to expect to be able to bounce between Land's End and Sutoro for back to back sets? what about Sutoro and Panhandle? I'm trying to choose sets while keeping the stage locations in mind instead of trying to be everywhere at once, so musical tastes aside, is this reasonable?

Friday: Smith Westerns > Wild Belle > Band of Horses > The National > Paul

Saturday: Atlas Genius > Young the Giant > Thao & TGDSD* > J5* > Tallest Man on Earth > Grizzy Bear > NIN

Sunday: Camper Van Beethoven > Kurt Vile* > Foals* > Trombone Shorty* > Hall & Oats* > Dawes* > MSMR > Matt & Kim > Dillon Francis > Kaskade

*partial sets (missing more than 10-15 minutes)
    Last edited by scenicworld; 07-28-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar • 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo • 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    how much time should I budget to make the trek from Land's End/Sutoro to Panhandle/Twin Peaks with and without crowds? Also, is it reasonable to expect to be able to bounce between Land's End and Sutoro for back to back sets? what about Sutoro and Panhandle? I'm trying to choose sets while keeping the stage locations in mind instead of trying to be everywhere at once, so musical tastes aside, is this reasonable?

Friday: Smith Westerns > Wild Belle > Band of Horses > The National > Paul

Saturday: Atlas Genius > Young the Giant > Thao & TGDSD* > J5* > Tallest Man on Earth > Grizzy Bear > NIN

Sunday: Camper Van Beethoven > Kurt Vile* > Foals* > Trombone Shorty* > Hall & Oats* > Dawes* > MSMR > Matt & Kim > Dillon Francis > Kaskade

*partial sets (missing more than 10-15 minutes)
    You'll be good on Friday. Sat and Sun you might miss a little bit of a couple of bands but not much if you hustle.

Most of the stages take 10 to 15 minutes to travel if you use the right paths. The quickest journey is panhandle to twin peaks as those stages are only 5 mins apart. Depending on how close to the stages at Sutro or Lands End it could take 15 to 20 mins to get close at Twin Peaks even with a brisk pace. Not to mention a pit stop for drinks/bathroom. I'm not planning on seeing A trak because I know there's not enough time between Hall and Oates and Vampire Weekend. Sometimes you make a sacrifice in order to see a full set, get a decent spot, or so youre not running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Take a look at last years map or the new map will be posted soon and overlay that with a map of Golden Gate Park and you'll get accurate distances but I remember it being a little less than a mile from lands end to twin peaks, stage to stage.

Cool, thanks! I was imagining this horrible walk with congested walk ways. I know my plans will change once I'm there and see everything first hand, but I always seem to over plan my schedule anyways.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar • 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo • 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

i can no longer attend osl, and have 2 ga passes for sale. (as well as 2 fyf passes)

face value.

pm me.

you can't afford not to.

I was hoping to use Lollapalooza videos to help me make some conflict decisions for Outside Lands. Anybody know if they are streaming this year?